• Yesterland AP

The Chili Pepper, 167 S. Main St., Orange

The Chili Pepper, at 167 S. Main St., in Orange, is the best place I currently know of for Mexican food in Orange County -- and I've lived here for decades. The food is excellent, the prices are fairly low, the table service is reasonably fast, the portions are good sized, and the atmosphere in conducive to conversation. What more could you ask for?

This is a family-run operation, so the decor is a bit funky at times, but these folks know what they're doing. They clearly have a system, and it works.

For lunch, my favorite is the beef and vegetable chimichanga. For dinner, my favorite is a combination plate (#11?) with a taco and two enchiladas. But I really haven't eaten *anything* there that I didn't enjoy.

When ordering dishes with beef, I definitely recommend spending the extra $1 per item to upgrade from ground beef to shredded beef. You won't be sorry.

So, if you're in Orange and hungry for Mexican Food, stop at the Chili Pepper. You won't be sorry about that either.

Re: The Chili Pepper, 167 S. Main St., Orange

I agree with your recommendation, great place for mexican food!

• Yesterland AP

I see you're in Placentia, jbean. That's also home to another favorite restaurant, El Farolito, at 201 S. Bradford Ave. It's like being invited over to someone's house for dinner. Maybe I should review that next.

• Queen of Sarcasm

The Chili Pepper is one of my favorite restaurants. I always get the vegetarian burrito when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader_Chris View Post
    I see you're in Placentia, jbean. That's also home to another favorite restaurant, El Farolito, at 201 S. Bradford Ave. It's like being invited over to someone's house for dinner. Maybe I should review that next.
    Oooh, I've been wanting to try that place! I've read great reviews on Yelp. Maybe this weekend...

• Minion

Was born here in OC in 1965, and always loved the Chili Pepper. Not sure how long it's been there in Orange, but I definitely remember it as a kid.

Too funny - I find Chili Pepper to be the least authentic Mexican food in all of OC. The decor and cleanliness are absolutely perfect, but talk about dumbed down food!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails