Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Yummy Foods Please! :D

I know it's not exactly meat, but the chimichangas from the carts are good, filling and only 5.50. I know they sell chicken strips inside Golden Horseshoe, but it can get pretty crowded inside. If you're on a budget, I've noticed that at most places you can ask them for the item only (without french fries or apple slices) and they will knock off a buck or so. And I don't recommend Riverbelle Terrace. I had a pulled pork sandwich there and I was not impressed.

• Banned User

I like the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans so good and 2 people can share it. Also Ribs at Taste Pilots and they are soooooo good. And the soups at Pacific Wharf are well they are the best.

• Pumpkin Prince

It has to be in Disneyland because my friend doesn't have a pass. So he can't go to ESPN Zone(that's where we already go) or that place in DCA because then we can't go back in the park.
    August 1969, I remember it like it was yesterday.

• Simply a Nobody.

I normally hit up the tortilla and sourdough factories in DCA if I am a bit hungry, but since you need to stay in DL, I suggest the corndogs on main street, or a dole whip if you are just a bit peckish.

• Banned User

Get a chimichanga from one of the turkey leg stands. They're good, filling, and only cost $5.50

• formerly very helpful

I hate to say it, but I don't go to Disneyland for the food. For me, I try to enjoy my food for the atmosphere. For that, I like Hungry Bear. It's one of my favorite locations in the park, overlooking the river. Also, the Village House has a quaint vibe to it. Also, Zolcalo is very nice to eat at. I like to eat overlooking Big Thunder.
    The barbeque place is also great atmosphere, but it is VERY expensive.
    But as far as I'm concerned, the food is just amusement park food.

•   

My two favorites are the tostada salad thing at rancho del zocalo, and the sourdough bowl at the golden horseshoe. If you are really lucky, rancho will have tres leches cake.

For some reason to me also the burgers at tomorrowland terrace are slightly better than hungry bear but I always go to hungry bear because I really like the atmosphere and sometimes you see the kitties. But the rancho del zocalo's red chile enchilada platter is a smoking deal and it tastes yummy, also you not only get four cheese enchiladas but it comes with 2-3 more tortillas where you can use the rice, beans and leftover sauce to make some mini burritos.

• long time listener

The ribs that the OP was looking for are also available at the Ranch, and you get some entertainment. I love it there.

And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

• Hooterville, USA

Go across the street to Millie's. It's a short walk and their food is better than Disney's with the exception of Blue Bayou or Club 33.

I love DL to death but their food is too expensive and the quality is suspect at best.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Love the smoked turkey leg. This hits the spot every time.

• A Weather Eye Open

I agree with your sister about the burgers. i'm a burger lover, a cheeseburger aficionado! i won't stand a poor burger, especially if the price doesn't match the quality, and i will never eat another burger in the parks.

You asked specifically for meat, so here goes what I get, and I'm a cheapo:

Corndog (Main Street): $6
    This isn't you cafeteria/costco bulk box corndog; it's sizeable and got an actual batter on it.

Chicken Strips and Fries (Golden Horseshoe): $9
    It's so big I usually split one with my sister. Lots of dipping sauces; I love honey mustard cause it goes great with the awesome fries

Fish and Chips (Golden Horseshoe): $10
    Used to be better, but they're still great. It's hard to find good fish and chips, especially at the 10-and-under price range.

Gumbo (New Orleans Square): $9
    Nice and spicy, in a bread bowl (that I always eat to fill me up).

Tennessee BBQ Pork sandwich (Riverbelle Terrace) $13?
    It's classic pulled pork. Make them give you an extra pickle. You get little sides with it too. Haven't tried the other sandwiches here but they all look great and are mostly meat based.

At a slightly higher price, but still not breaking the bank like the BBQ can, I've recently gotten to check out these:

Carnation Cafe: I had a soup and sandich combo with a sandwich that resembled a cheesesteak. I don't remember was it was called, but it had beef, cheese, caramelized onions, peppers, and it was AMAZING! As it's a soup and sandwich cafe, prices weren't too bad, between 12-15 an entree

Cafe Orleans: the famous MONTE CRISTO. This is if you wan some MAJOR cheese and fried batter with your meat. I suggest splitting it the first time you try it; my sis and I split one and we were starving, and couldn't finish either it OR the delish pomme frittes
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jack View Post
    It has to be in Disneyland because my friend doesn't have a pass. So he can't go to ESPN Zone(that's where we already go) or that place in DCA because then we can't go back in the park.
    how is your friend getting in? it makes sense that he will have disneyland-only tickets, but you only need to keep your ticker and get a handstamp in order to leave the park and reenter later. ESPN zone would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonadam1978 View Post
    Love the smoked turkey leg. This hits the spot every time.
    You know they soak these in ham juice to give them flavor, right? anyone keping kosher shouldn't eat these, in case someone was wondering.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jack View Post
    Is there a place with ribs?
    DCA- Taste pilots Grill. Very good Ribs, they have very good food overall and i am never disappointed in the toppings bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There are some VERY tasty soups and salads at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. I could soooooooooooo go for a Sonoma chicken salad right now...mmmmmmm...

I second that!

IMO the food at DCA is far superior to that over at Disneyland. I agree with everyone that the Taste Pilot is really pretty good. I don't mind the burgers at TLT or the Hungry Bear, perhaps because I'm not expecting the best (if you like Onion rings substitute for fries for a small charge). Keep in mind TLT has a BBQ bacon Burger, and the Hungry Bear has a "1000 island" sauce, that might be the deal breaker for some. For us, the best food in DL, DCA, or Downtown is/was Naples Pizza, honestly one of my favorite pizza joints in So Cal (also love Mulberry Street in BH, and LaRocco's here in HB). With that said, we went there this Monday, and they got a new Ex. Chef. He has changed the menu for a lot of the items, the Appitatti has been changed (no more candied walnuts or grapes!), and the Veal meatballs now have beef in them as well. The upside is the pizza receipt is the same, so now we only get a pie and beer. . . FYI the Mac and cheese for kids is terrible. Going back next week but not sure if we'll eat there, but might take a pie home nonetheless (really they are VERY good).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast