Thread: Blue Bayou

Question Blue Bayou

I would like some general information about Blue Bayou. It's been a while since I ate there. How big are the portions for the kids plates? I was thinking of having two of my kids split the child's chicken plate from the lunch menu( they are 5 and 9, and usually don't eat a whole lot). Also, I remember the Monte Cristo being a very generous portion (is it still?),and would like to share one plate with my husband. Is this aloud? Will I receive major attitude from the server?

• Another Happy Haunt

Re: Blue Bayou

I'm not familiar with the food on the children's menu, however I can tell you that the Monte Cristo is still very large. You and your husband can share one meal, though half of the sandwich plate may be a bit unsatisfying for your average size adult male. You should never catch attitude from the servers at a Disney restaurant unless you break the rules of the park or the particular establishment.
    Your friend and mine,
    The Mouse Macabre

Also, I believe you will be charged a split plate fee somewhere around 5 or 7?.... If you want dessert split the plate. ;-)

I actually like splitting plates as I have room for dessert and they plate everything seperately for you, even the salad or soup that comes with your entree. Nope, you won't get attitude from the staff.

If your going for the Monte Cristo, Skip Bayou and go across the way to Cafe Orleans. Its cheeper and they usually don't charge to split a meal. (Bayou is like $8 or something ridiculous) The kids meals are the same as at Bayou too. The only thing you will miss is sitting in the dark watching the boats go by.

• Greetings, Program!

It's a few months after the OP but I'm happy to report that as of 6-18-11, the Monte Cristo at the BB is still a whopping portion and still as sinfully satisfying as ever. The sandwich itself comes with a nice sized side of scalloped potatoes and wonderfully flavored green beans with sauteed mushrooms. Absolutely delicious! I have one of these decadent plates once a year and I have yet to want to order anything else from the BB menu (although I've sampled a piece of the salmon - Most excellent). Each plate comes with either a salad or a small cup of scrumptious gumbo so you are going to be FULL, and that's a guarantee.

The Cristo is also the least expensive thing on the menu - which translates to all levels of BOO-YA for me.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

heres the lunch menu if you want the world famous monte cristco you have to go during lunch it is amazing i went with my girlfriend we both orderd the monte and we also got bread rolls salad it was actuly alot of food and its kinda pricy but i would rather eat here then out in the park i went here for lunch and then for dinner we went to the pizza port and spent about the same for less food if you think about it its almost the same i couldnt even finsh my monte http://disneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_nextgen/CoreCatalog/Disneyland/en_us/Media/
    InternetMediaType/Dining/Menus/BlueBayouLunch_20110602.pdf

heres the dinner havnt been here yet but plan on it o ps make a reservation http://disneyland.disney.go.com/medi...r_20110602.pdf

• Hooterville, USA

My favorite restaurant in California is the Blue Bayou. That's the good news.

Now for the bad, it's overpriced for what you get. No, it's way overpriced!

If it wasn't located inside POTC, I would stay away.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

The split plate charge at the Blue Bayou is $12 but each person gets gumbo or salad (both excellent). I believe each person gets the potatoes as well. It is overpriced but you are paying for the atmosphere to a certain extent. The food is generally a notch above anything else served at Disneyland (outside of Club 33). The Monte Cristo is decadent and rich and unless you have a big appetite, it is definitely splitable. I also think it is only on the lunch menu. You can save yourself a few bucks and get the exact same sandwich at the Cafe Orleans anytime. I would splurge on the Blue Bayou and cut back somewhere else if you are budgeting a trip. It's such a unique experience in Disneyland. I highly recommend the salmon which is my favorite. You probably will probably have to wait awhile beyond your reservation time but ask for a table by the water and watch the boats. It keeps kids entertained.

See link below for menus

Disneyland Resort Menus
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

The only restaurant in California that my Girls do not argue about. Price is high. Very good service and very good food. Only once every 2 years.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

In 2007 the split plate charge was $4 and you got a salad or gumbo for each diner. In 2008 it went up to $5 and you split the salad or gumbo. Now it is $12 to split? At least you get a salad or gumbo again. My husband loves this place and had it been open last week we would have gone. I am a Cafe' Orleans kind of girl so I'll get my Monte Cristo and Pomme Fritte there thankyouverymuch.
    I will say that usually the food is good. Since I haven't been since 2008 it may not be a current review but checking it out one time is worth it.
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL