Gooooood morning/afternoon/evening wonderful knowledgeable people.
In July my family and I will be flying from London to Los Angeles for two weeks, spending our time in SoCal from our base in an Anaheim hotel. We've got five-day passes for the parks, and plan to spend four full days at the parks with the fifth date being an evening at the parks after spending the day elsewhere.
My family love to eat, and after ten years of vacationing in Florida we've become well accustomed to the marvellous dining-out opportunities the US provides. Now I'm looking for your advice on what are the must-eat restaurants in Anaheim and beyond.
In the parks
I've read from several places the standard of eating at the DLR is way below that of WDW, which we've had countless amazing meals at. Now I'm sure there must be some good places to eat, right?
Could you tell me your favourite...
- counter service/casual dining for lunch or early evening
- sit down table service restaurant (and why!?)
- snack/snack bar
- place to get a cup of tea/coffee
- is the WOC package worth doing? If so, what restaurants are available and how soon do we need to book?
- is the Fantasmic! dessert package worth doing? Again, how soon do we need to book?
- what are the restaurants in Downtown Disney like?
Outside the parks
Like I've said, a big part of my holiday/vacation is the evening meals. My family love everything, but what we look forward to in America is the Mexican restaurants and the steak places, two areas of cuisine we can't really get equal quality of in the UK. So...
- What's your favourite Mexican restaurant in Anaheim/SoCal?
- What's your favourite place for steak/ribs?
- What are the dining options in Anaheim like, generally?
- Is there an area of SoCal known for great food?
- What's the best beach for food/seafood? We've been recommended Venice and Huntington beaches several times, what are they like?
Finally, if you have any food recommendations to do with Anaheim/SoCal at all, please please tell me. After years in Florida we know pretty well what is available but this is a brand new area of the world and somewhere where pre-acquired knowledge will be very useful.
I appreciate I've asked an awful lot, so I'm not expecting anyone to answer every question. Absolutely anything you have to offer will be much appreciated. Thank you!