• Pathetically Obsessed

Big Thunder BBQ Menu, Prices, and other questions...

Hello MiceChat!

For our trip July 1-13, does anyone have a full listing of the current BTR BBQ menu with prices? Also, is there still live entertainment going on during the day? Last question, I see that you can make reservations, but can you still do a walk-up with a large group? We'll have 11 of us and I wondered about the seating formula of walk-up vs reservations and how busy the place is during lunch?

Thanks!
    IBW
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Re: Big Thunder BBQ Menu, Prices, and other questions...

I would definitely do a reservation. As it is, you have a little bit of a wait when you have a reservation....if you just walk up you could be waiting for quite awhile, especially with a large group.
    e
    I don't remember the price, but i remember it wasn't too awful. They serve family style. Ribs, bbq chicken, sausage, corn, baked beans, corn bread. They bring you the food in pails or bowls and you serve yourself...refilling as necessary.

We enjoyed our meal and yes, there was live entertainment during the meal (no toy story characters though)

We went on the 4th of July last year and it was quite yummy!

• Pathetically Obsessed

I did make the reservation, but still can't find a menu with current prices....anyone?
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I would do a reservation too since it's a large group. We changed from lunch to dinner the same day with no issues but it was only 2 of us. Dinner is $24.99 - dessert is not included.

We went in Feb and the entertainment was still Christmas themed lol They do several short sets and they involve the kids too.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Has anyone here tried their vegetarian meals? How was it? I'd love to eat there, but I'm just not sure if I'd really enjoy the vegetarian options.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Never mind, found it on a competing site. It was last updated in Feb.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-13-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed per board policy
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• DLR Cast Member

The site referenced is correct on current prices. I can add a little more detail.

Drinks are not included for the adults, they are an additional charge, but they are all you can drink. Drinks are included in the price of the child meals.

The child price quoted is for children aged 3 to 9. Under 3 is free, over 9 is an adult price.

The vegetarian option is vegetable skewers (as a replacement for the meats) which have tofu, red potatoes, one or 2 kinds of squash, bell pepper, onion, and usually mushrooms. They are seasoned with a rub of barbecue spices, no barbecue sauce, and are very tasty. All of the sides are vegetarian (yes, the beans are vegetarian) although the cornbread is not Vegan as it contains cheese.

Most items are gluten free, except the ribs (something in the smoking process introduces wheat or wheat flour) and the cornbread - but anyone with Celiac disease or any food allergies should always talk to the chef to make sure that their needs are met and the food is prepared and served to properly accommodate them.

The coleslaw is unusual - it is not the creamy coleslaw you usually encounter, but instead has a vinaigrette. The ribs are pork ribs.

I really recommend a reservation for anytime at all during days when the park is open 8am until midnight, and for anytime between 12:30pm and 2:30pm or after 5:00pm even during off peak days. The Ranch has become very popular, and with a reservation your wait time will be a few minutes at most rather than 45 minutes or an hour.

And if you are waiting, the Ranch uses electronic pagers, so you can wander around instead of just sitting and waiting.

Can't think of anything else to add, but if anyone posts any other questions I'll try to answer them.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Had to removed the link but here's the info.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.