Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Any one eat at the jolly holiday cafe yet???

Got to try the grilled cheese and soup combo and the raspberry almond twist yesterday, and both were excellent! If you get the grilled cheese and soup combo make sure to dip! They cut up the sandwich to make this easier. They melt at least two kinds of cheese. The soup is creamy and hearty in flavor - possibly the best tomato soup I've ever tasted (granted, I'm not exactly a tomato soup connaiseur). The twist is light and airy, not too sweet but just right. It's a great snack for a warm day.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have had the grilled cheese/tomato soup combo, and the Angus roast beef sandwich...loved both, great menu here. Quite enjoyable, plus the hand-cut chips were very nice.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

I get the Angus roast beef sanwich all the time. It is really good, and filling. The chips are good too. I noticed when they first opened, that the casher would set your try down with the foood, then dump a little bag of fresh made chips on your plate. This last time I noticed a worker coming from the kitchen with a try full of little individiual containers of chips. So they must have refined the system and another worker adds the chips, speeding things up... a little.

• One More Day

Since it used to be the Blue Ribbon the first thing im going to get when i go will be

• We Want The Redhead

You guys must be easier to please than I am.
    We tried the place shortly after it opened. I had the Caprese on foccacio bread. The sandwich must have been made far in advance. The tomato had seeped into the bread (which is baked to be quite thin) and made it feel like a soggy sponge. The mozzarella which is naturally a delicate flavored cheese had no flavor at all as the sandwich had clearly been kept in a refrigerator for quite some time before being sold.
    My daughter had the tomato soup grilled cheese combo. The soup was flavorful but simply not hot enough. The grilled cheese was grilled, but clearly well in advance of being served and was no longer toasty hot, but rather heat lamp warm.
    The sandwiches at the old blue Ribbon Bakery were no great shakes either but I was hoping for a greater improvement. especially at premium prices.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Both meals I had were clearly prepared right then (grilled cheese and tomato soup, and roast beef sandwich) in that had to wait for the item even to be assembled, not made on reserve. Must just have been a timing thing/bad luck of the draw, sadly, in your case tt. Certainly pre-made hot sandwiches fare less well than getting a fresh one, which seems like a fair amount of people do when I visited due to high turnover/crowds.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Disney Fan 4 Life

If they would serve that Amazing Lobster Bisque we had at the One Day More celebration, we would eat there every single visit! At that visit we also had the quiche which was small and tasted exactly like some frozen quiches we have had in the past. Not terrible but not really worth even the 5 dollars it was alone (since we were having the Bisque and did not want the salad). This last Saturday we stopped in for a soda and bought DD the Matterhorn Macaroon. Now that is the first regular menu thing we have gotten that was worth the money (outside of the kids meal). It was less the 2 bucks with our AP discount and was a HUGE amount of Macaroon Cookie. I had several bites and it still ended being almost too much for her (and this is a girl who can put away her cookies if given the chance). And it was delicious!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Minion

I had the roast beef sandwich on Friday and it was excellent. And I'm very hard to please. I don't care for horseradish, so I ordered it without and it took an extra few minutes. My sandwich was fresh and very tasty. I will absolutely be eating there again. And the chips are great too.

Have eaten there twice and both times had the Turkey Sandwich with Chips. Loved it both times so no complaints here.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

We ate there for breakfast and enjoyed it. Loved starting the day relaxing on the terrace I am sad we never made it back for lunch!

My only issue is that because all of the doors were open - side and front - people didn't see the line and tried to cut ahead of people waiting in line.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12