Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any one eat at the jolly holiday cafe yet???

Just wondering,
    Have any of you lovely mice chatters eaten at the Jolly Holiday Cafe yet?
    Is it good, is it yummy? what did you guys eat.
    I love when new food comes to DLR!
    Just wondering like to here some reviews
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

•   

Re: Any one eat at the jolly holiday cafe yet???

I've had the turkey sandwich....it's good but not great. I dont eat much in the parks (onstage at least, lol) but if I eat here again, I'll probably try the toasted cheese with tomato soup.

• Still lost in Neverland

My boss at the Comic Book Store and his wife ate there last Sunday. They loved the entire experience and had the toasted cheese sandwich and the tomato bisque soup and said it was amazing. Not a typical "Grilled Cheese" sandwich and the soup was the best tasting they have ever had. I can hardly wait to try it myself.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I went once on Saturday and once on Sunday. I'm not a food critic (at least not on paper) and I've never even reviewed anything on yelp, so bare with me.

On Saturday, I had the tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwich, and my mom had the chicken Waldorf sandwhich. The cheese wasn't too, too melted, but it was soft and that's how I like it for dipping into tomato soup. Everything was good, especially what I had of the chicken Waldorf. The tomato soup was creamy and had a good basil flavor, so don't expect it to be too plain.

On Sunday, I had the tomato & mozzerella sandwhich, and it was sooooo good. Best thing I ate all weekend. The bread was herbed, and the tomatoes were different colors (don't know if they were heirloom). The mozzerella soaked up some of the vinegar dressing, just like a caprese salad. It also had basil and lettuce. Boyfriend got the turkey sandwhich and it looked good, especially the bread, but it looked a little dull compared to what I had. He had to add mustard and mayonaise. The abuelita hot chocolate was just what I expected: a deep chocolate flavor with cinnamon.

Boyfriend had a cold and was hoping for some chicken noodle soup, but they had corn chowder instead. A CM told us that the menus had been made without consulting the chefs, and that they weren't prepared for chicken noodle soup. She said that the menu boards were temporary and will be changed, and they will probably include "fancier" items.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The Practically Perfect Punch is to DIE FOR!!! It's like they added something to make it so addicting!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

I ate there last Thursday (soft opening). I had the roast beef sandwich which was pretty tasty, but some of the meat was really grissley. The homemade potato chips were really good. The wait was really long. Nice atmosphere.

• Johnny and Me!

I had a mocha and a raspberry almond twist. Both were very good; the twist was light and flaky. One complaint I have is that the interior space is quite small and crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    The Practically Perfect Punch is to DIE FOR!!! It's like they added something to make it so addicting!!!
    A spoonful of sugar, perhaps?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    A spoonful of sugar, perhaps?
    THAT'S WHY my friend was bouncing off the walls all day due to the sugar overload, bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

the jolly holiday cafe is basically the blue ribbon bakery. the only reason i stood in line to order from there was because i love blue ribbon's blended mocha... and sure enough, it was the exact same thing the bakery items look really fresh and inviting. but we were working up our appetites to eat outside of the park for a bday dinner. so i'll have to try one of everything next time lol! my friend tried the practically perfect punch and loved it!

I had the turkey sandwich and was not thrilled. The chips were the best ever!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Last weekend I had the tomato and mozzerella sandwich, which I thought was very good. The bread was very fresh and soft. The chips, while very tasty, were a bit on the salty side I think. But I'll eat there again next time I'm in the park. I mean... they have penguins after all.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• DLR Cast Member

I had the turkey sandwich and I'm surprised people aren't rating it that high. It was pretty good. The one thing that I was really impressed with was the chicken salad brioche. It's practically perfect!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I haven't had one of their meal items yet, but I've had the abuelita (excellent!) and two bakery items. I tried their chocolate cake (it was rather too rich for me), and the banana nut bread (which had no nuts and didn't taste banana-like enough, though the presentation was excellent).

I had the quiche (the inside was pretty good but the crust was a little tough), which came with a little salad which was just right. Mixed greens, cheese, couple of teeny tomatoes, and either ranch or vinaigrette (I think).

Some friends had the toasted cheese sandwich, and they were very happy with it. I'm told the corn chowder is also really great.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• See Ya Real Soon!

The Jolly Holiday Salad - Blend of Lettuce, with Spiced Pecans, Feta, Red & Yellow Tomatoes and Craisins Dried Cranberries. Served with Raspberry Vinaigrette. - This salad has potential. I found the lettuce a little on the dry side., though and found the toppings to be on the sparse side. Deffiently needed more pecans & craisins.

The Roast Beef Sandwhich - Hot Angus Roast Beef on Toasted Onion Roll - Caramelized Onions, Horseradish Aioli and White Cheddar, served with house chips - My daughter ate this & she said it was "just okay."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast