Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Tangaroa Terrace & Tader Sam's

Just wondering if anyone out there has been to either of these establishments?(Tangaroa Terrace or Trader Sam's) And what they thought of these establishments.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Tangaroa Terrace & Tader Sam's

I've been to both and love them for the atmosphere. Tangaroa Terrace is a nice place to sit and relax, and the food there is pretty good too. Its priced in line with everything else in the resort, and the quality is good. You can refill your drinks while you are there. There are heaters around the outside tables, so in the winter you can still sit outside and enjoy your meal if you sit right under one of them.

Trader Sam's is also very cool for the atmosphere. The only problem with it is its very, very small and only holds.... I can't remember the exact number, but it only holds a few people. There are some tables outside, but those are limited too. I haven't eaten the food there, but what I saw looked pretty good.

Over all its a fun area to hang out IF you can find a place to sit.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Thank you Penguinsoda, My family and I are visiting the park in early June, so will let you know how we like it. Mahalo

Haven't been to Tangaroa Terrace, but can say Trader Sams is definitely a must-go-to place when at the resort.

Awesome vibe and staff are awesome.

If you can get some seats at the bar, definitely take them

• Still Dizzy

I just went to Tangaroa for the first time on Monday. Food was great, I had their chicken katsu with fried long beans, rice, and apple slaw for 11.99 and it was yummy and a really good sized portion of chicken. The pork flatbread pizza was 8.99 and yummy. Big enough for my kids to split it for lunch.

I also really recommend the fried tofu salad, that was the tastiest tofu I've ever had.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Tangora Terrace was ok - I suggest only going if you have time to spare. It took 45 minutes to get our food, which is extra ridiculous because almost everything is already prepared and in the warmer. I think only the burgers were made to order. But the food was pretty good, the flatbread pizza was the usual (more crust than toppings) but very tasty. I liked the sweet potato fries too. I would go again if I was in the area and had the time to spare, but I would not make a separate trip to go.

Trader sams is really cool, very dark and small and jam packed with artifacts. They have some special effects when people order certain drinks. I ordered a frozen one (thinking we were going to eat outside) and it was good. DH had a mai tai, I think? And it was STRONG, one sip burned through me - I approve
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Tangora Terrace was ok - I suggest only going if you have time to spare. It took 45 minutes to get our food, which is extra ridiculous because almost everything is already prepared and in the warmer. I think only the burgers were made to order. But the food was pretty good, the flatbread pizza was the usual (more crust than toppings) but very tasty. I liked the sweet potato fries too. I would go again if I was in the area and had the time to spare, but I would not make a separate trip to go.
    Mileage may vary on wait time at Tangaroa. When we went with four people on two different orders (two couples), we all had our food within 10 minutes of sitting down.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Tangaroa Terrace --
    1. Free Refills on soda
    2. Solid food. I love the cheeseburger and chicken sandwich. Both come with sweet potato fries.
    3. There's restrooms on premises.
    4. You can buy beer here.
    5. If you want to order your food here and sit at Trader Sam's, you can do that.
    6. Annual Pass discount applies here... even on a soda by itself.

Trader Sam's --
    1. Very intimate seating area but very fun place if you like boozin'
    2. Order an UH OA for $30... or $36 if you want to keep a souvenir glass (the drink feeds 2-4 people). Chanting in unison comes with this drink.
    3. Shipwreck on the Rocks is my favorite drink. $10 by itself or $18.50 with a souvenir glass. When this drink is ordered, a ship in a bottle sinks.
    4. Krakatoa Punch can come with a tiki glass if you want. Drink comes with volcanic eruption and mass hysteria.
    6. Food on the menu comes from the same kitchen as Tangaroa Terrace. You can order many things not on the Tangaroa Terrace Menu.
    7. There are food items available here that are NOT on the menu... like pork wings and dessert. Ask your server for all options.

Have a great time. Trader Sam's is my favorite bar.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Just good enough

I went to Trader Sam's back in October off of the recommendations from this website and it was amazing. The bartenders are incredibly friendly and the effects were great to go with the drinks. It was a nice getaway between two parks to relax in a nice, cool room with some drinks and share some laughs. If you have the opportunity, I'd recommend sitting at the bar.

Oh, and when you think your shrinking, it's just your barstool that's lowering you. An amazing gag!!!
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

not a fan since they replaced Croc Bites. Those were the best nachos i've ever had.

i tried tangora(sp?) once. wasnt really impressed. its cool being able to take stuff up to the room though.

Not a drinker but very much enjoy the atmosphere of Trader Sams, and damn them for selling yet another collectible (the mugs/glasses).

Tangaroa, I thought, was going to be a full service Tahitian Terrace copy along the scale of the old Shipyard Inn, so I was disappointed when I saw it was just a nicely decorated counter service place. That said, I've now been 3 times and love it and especially appreciate the quietness of it after a crazy day inside the Parks.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• secure all cargo

We really liked Tangaroa Terrace for breakfast, it was a decent standard breakfast and actually reasonably priced. It suffers a bit from the same problems the prior (but more upscale) tenants have all had in that the building is way too small (In fact, I think it may have gotten even smaller since it looks like part of the building went to Trader Sam's. Not sure, maybe.). But for a cheap counter service the theming was actually alright with some nice tributes to past Tiki themed Disneyland attractions. It fits with the other DL historical tributes the Hotel got with it's makeover.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• secure all cargo

Ate there again last Sunday morning with the kids. We really like this place. It was not crowded, it was quiet, we ate outside and saw the pool and the Fantasy and Frontier towers and the big Disneyland sign from the water slides, nice landscaping. And basically it costs as much as you're gonna pay at Denny's or IHOP, but the food is better than that.

After that we took a stroll around the hotel area, saw the Big Thunder model, the geyser, the giant Disneyland collage, the Autopia car, the Jungle Cruise maquettes, the Disneyland map where some of the rides light up when you stand in front of it. Wife and I felt like it was like a mini 2 hour vacation. We are going to try dinner there sometime soon.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Sock Puppet

**news**

Trader sam's Tiki Bar has updated the menu effective June 2012

Menu for Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar Restaurant in the Disneyland Hotel in Disneyland

^ Thanks for the update. I love this bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast