Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Must eat restaurants in Anaheim/ garden grove/ orange?

I love the North Woods Inn but it is in LaMirada. It isn't too far from Disneyland and it is worth the drive.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by LAR121 View Post
    I love the North Woods Inn but it is in LaMirada. It isn't too far from Disneyland and it is worth the drive.
    Ooh North Woods Inn is the best. Every once in a Blue Moon I visit the one in Pasadena on Rosemead. My kid loves that they throw peanuts at him and he can toss the shells on the ground

I go to that one too. Their two salads and cheese bread are heavenly!

• Nerd

This is a little known Italian place right around the corner form the park on Katella. Amazing Pizza - way better than Bucca. Marris Pizza Restaurant

I would skip Wa-hoos - its pretty bland ultra "healthy" Mexican food. Some people love it but every time I go with a friend I swear its my last time. I don't ever leave with that satisfied "dang I'm glad I ate there" feeling.

Then this rib place...EVERYONE says its the greatest. they even cater a lot of CM lunches and parties backstage at Disneyland. Tulsa Rib Company Tulsa Rib Company
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

OC Rotisserie Chicken (Ball and State College) for Bahn Mi (Vietnamese sandwiches, also for chicken curry); The Original Pancake House (Lincoln and State College) for great breakfasts; El Gaucho Market (State College, south of Lincoln) for Argentinian skirt steak sandwiche and empanadas; Portillo's (in Buena Park) for Chicago style beef sandwiches and other Chicago specialties); Thai Nakorn in Garden Grove (one of the best Thai restaurants in Southern California -- order off the specials menu); Jagerhaus (Ball by the 57 fwy.) for homestyle German food; Zankhou Chicken and Sarkis Pastry (Ball and Euclid? in Little Gaza) for Armenian rotisserie chicken and baklava; and, oh, the list goes on.

Lucille's BBQ
    Zito's Pizza
    Spicy Thai

In old town Orange there are tons of great restaurants too. I recommend Rutabegorz (all homemade) Bruxie, Ruby's Diner, The Filling Station. Pretty much every restaurant in that area is good.

---------- Post added 11-29-2012 at 12:36 AM ----------

I can't believe I forgot to mention my favorite restaurant, Alcatraz brewing co. Alcatraz is located in the Outlets at Orange and has excellent food, everything is made from scratch. If you like beer, they are also a microbrewery so you can get local beer as well. I have never ordered a bad thing there. They also have happy hour Monday-Thursday and Sunday from 4-7 where you can get $3 pints of their craft beer as well as a special Happy Hour food menu. I recommend the chicken nachos (best nachos ever!) and the pizza.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

If you have transportation, I would recommend Cortina's Italian Deli and Pizzeria. Check out my review here:Cortina's Italian Market - Anaheim, CA under Amy P. I highly recommend their sandwiches and pizza. This is a Mom n Pop place and they make their own sausage and meatballs. The dining room is simple, although they do hove a couple of large flat screens. you can get soda by the pitcher, beer too. It is a little drive from Disneyland (Maybe about 10 to 15 mins), but any person looking for serious good eats can find no better. We are local So cal folks (near San Diego), and frankly we will be back probably on an ongoing basis, even on non-Disneyland trips. It's totally worth it!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• They call me the Mayor...

I also vote for Portillo's and Original Pancake House.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I prefer places that are out of the norm. A lot of the places mentioned you can find anywhere.

1. Slater's 50/50 burger in Anaheim
    2. Bruxie's waffle sandwiches
    3. Fire and Ice
    4. Northwood's inn, right off the 5 freeway in Santa Fe Springs.

• former CM

Good thread! Thanks to all who've posted!
    I'm afraid I can only add Mimi's on Harbor (not to be confused with Millie's),
    and Souplantation far to the SW--print a coupon from their website before you go. (This is not the location in Irvine, which can be below average for this chain.)

The good branch we went to was at:
    5939 Chapman Avenue
    in Garden Grove
    We haven't been to the one in Fullerton.

Can't wait to try Fire & Ice
    & the Broiling Crab!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.

• I am number 4 of 999

DANG! I want to go to ALL of these places RIGHT NOW!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    This is a little known Italian place right around the corner form the park on Katella. Amazing Pizza - way better than Bucca. Marris Pizza Restaurant
    I've never dined in at Marri's, but that is our go-to place when we want delivery to our hotel room because their pizza is sooooooo good!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• New Member Goes Forth

i know it is fast food, but El Pollo Loco is fantastic. A must when I am in Anaheim
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Theme Park Paradise

A really great place, located in Stanton is Park Ave. This is not an inexpensive meal, this is Steak, Chops, Fish and A la Carte sides. Park Ave also has a great bar and wine list. If you are looking for a high quality dining experience in a comfortable setting, this is the place.
    Last edited by FloridaChris; 03-12-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Typographical correction

Agree about Park Ave. Also Il Garage (?), their sister restaurant. And the original Thai Nakorn is in Stanton, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast