HELP! Low food budget

Hi! We scheduled a spur of the moment trip to DLR. Therefore, we have $37.50 per day in the parks we can spend on lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 adults. We have the 10% AP discount, which will help a little. Does anyone know the tax rate for food there?

Do you have any tips on how you'd handle things?

We each have a soda to bring into the parks as well as a water bottle as we'll be drinking primarily water. We need to conserve our calories as well as our $ anyway.

I was thinking PB&J would travel well in my backpack. We can plan to share all our meals as they're usually rather large anyway.
    Thanks for your tips on saving $ on food at DLR.

• Under that tree again!

Re: HELP! Low food budget

I haven't checked in a while I think tax is still 8.75%.

Some people like to bring flavor packets to make the water in their water more enjoyable.

Consider getting Subway(corner of Harbor and Katella) $5 subs and carrying them into the park. McD's is just north of the park on Harbor as well but the value menu is slim.

Eat a big breakfast in the room, so you aren't starving for lunch. Bowl of cereal and some fruit.

Otherwise I think you got the right ideas.

Here is a link with some coupons, including that MCD's and Subway. Anaheim/Orange County Coupons | Anaheim/Orange County - Visitor Information
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I printed a subway coupon on Anaheim/Orange County Coupons | Anaheim/Orange County - Visitor Information Buy sub & drink get 2nd free.

I tend to get kids' meals. Cheaper and it's enough food for any single meal. Alternately, split a regular adult meal if you're with someone. A significant portion of my trips are solo, so I go for kid-meals.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I got flavor packets for my water & snacks at store today!

If you join the Earl of Sandwich mailing list, they have a $5 deal on Mondays right now. Also, you can buy individual items rather than the whole meal (sandwich with no fries, drink with no souveneir cup, etc), and that saves a couple bucks per meal. And Im pretty sure someone already mentioned childrens meals, sharing, and refilling your water throughout the day. Have a great visit!!

Other snacks we bring in our backpacks include:

Beef Jerky
    Granola Bars
    Peanuts or Trail Mix
    Crackers
    Dried Fruit

I always wait for some little kid to put his sandwich down on the sidewalk during a parade, then I eat that. Or look for popcorn under the cart. Of course, I am a Chihuahua. I do not want to visit Disneyland with humans on a food budget. They won't even have any leftovers.

Have a wonderful visit!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    I always wait for some little kid to put his sandwich down on the sidewalk during a parade, then I eat that. Or look for popcorn under the cart. Of course, I am a Chihuahua. I do not want to visit Disneyland with humans on a food budget. They won't even have any leftovers.

Have a wonderful visit!
    LOL! Or dig a empty popcorn box out of the trash and then go over to a popcorn cart (preferably during a busy time like before a parade) and say that someone accidentally knocked your popcorn box out of your hand and they will usually replace it for free.

But then of course you have to live with the guilt of your act for the rest of your life.