Blue Bayou Waterfront Seating & Monte Cristo Questions

Good morning! We have an 11:30 reservation for 4 on our Blue Bayou day. Is the reservation enough to guarantee waterfront seating or should we still show up early, ask nicely, and be willing to wait? If we need to show up early, how early? And is there specific code for the really good tables? I want to really be waterside, able to interact with the people on the boats that ask for rolls.

Second, just how big is this monte cristo? I'm a female with a relatively small appetite. If I ask my BIL (30 year old, regular appetite) to share, will he think I'm crazy? I suppose with the $12 split plate charge - it doesn't really matter. I just hate the idea of wasting an entire sandwich since I know we will both order it and I know I won't finish mine. I just don't whether the average man would easily wolf the thing down.

Thank you!

Re: Blue Bayou Waterfront Seating & Monte Cristo Questions

Show up early and ask nicely. For me a 60ish male the Monte Cristo is wonderful and way big. Never finished one at one sitting. The sandwich does travel well tho.

• Minion

I'm not sure about table codes, but I usually show up about 15-20 minutes early and ask if I can be seated waterside. I'm 6'1 and I cannot finish the Monte Cristo, probably because I have so many rolls. Have a wonderful time!
    Jeff Wayne

• Under that tree again!

Show up early will help a bit but 5 minutes will do. Remind them you would like to be seated by the water. But in any case expect to wait 10-15 minutes.

Even when the restaurant opens they don't just let everyone in. They stagger the seating in different areas so the waiters can help their first table without the second table just sitting there waiting.

When the restaurant is already open they won't hold a table for your reservation, you will need to wait for your sized water table to become available.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.