Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bubba Gump

Re: Bubba Gump

I have eaten at the Bubba Gump in Maui and Times Square, NY. My family absolutely loves this restaurant! It is one of our favorites! Trey have some excellent shrimp and a wonderful atmosphere. I highly recommend these restaurants! Also glad to see there is one in Alabama (I am still a bit new to the state)

Disney: true inspiration!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    i think theres more to the menu locally, because I don't like any of those nonseafood items and i do recall a pleasurable dining experience

Yes, they do have non-menu "specials" that might be or might not be seafood items.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, we have enjoyed the Bubba Gumps in San Francisco (Pier 39), Long Beach (at the aquarium), Monterey and the one in City Walk at USH.

My favorite is the mahi mahi with prawns on top of jasmine rice with a lemon pepper sauce. YUMMY!!!

We would have tried the new one during our trip this week, but didn't finsd out that it was open until after we already had reservations at the Disney restaurants for each evening.

We'll put it on the list for our next trip.

Enjoy!

• Drunk On Disney

I love to go to Bubba Gumps! The Run/Stop sign is one of the best ideas I have ever seen at a restaurant.

I have not tried the new one, but I have been at the one in Time Square and on the Santa Monica Pier (as well as the counter service version at Paramount's King's Dominion.)

They do have tons of oddball gifts in the gift shop. I own a bucket, a magnet and a plush shrimp.

The decor is neat. Lots of "props" although very little of it actually has a direct connection to the movie... most of it just is good atmosphere.

I usually order the "Bucket of Deck Scraps" which is an awesome assortment of different kinds of fried sea food.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Mischievous Mouse

So, this is very interesting, must check it out when at DL, I wonder how much the rights to the name cost them, from Robert Zemeckis, or Winston Groom, or BOTH?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

So how far along is Garden Walk?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The entire Gardenwalk is scheduled to open in May of 2008. (except the hotels)

The Cheesecake Factory is the next place to open, Dinner on Dec. 3rd, and then lunch on the 4th. CPK is next on the list, should be open in the next couple of weeks.

Parking is FREE for the first 2 hours with validation, and will be longer if you go to the Bowling Alley (3 Hours) or the Movie Theater (3 hours free, and the 4th hour is just $1), otherwise it is 1 hour free, and then $3 per hour, to a maximum of $12.

Lisa and I had a GREAT dinner tonight, LOVED the Hush Pups, and all the different types of shrimp we ordered.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• the F.O.D. solution.

Question Re: Bubba Gump

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Here is their menu, I have always wanted to try the food and now will have the chance at Garden Walk.

http://www.bubbagump.com/menu.html
    Something interesting I noticed on their site's store...
    1. In the kids' apparel section there is a shirt that says "My Momma Says I'm Special."
    1. In the Fun Food section boxes of "Mama Gump's Kitchen" chocolates have the tagline: "You know you're gonna get good chocolate with Mamma Gump's"

So which is it? Momma, Mama, or Mamma? I'm confused!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

And here is another question, if you read the menu, they have Mama Gump's Garlic Bread, but they also have Mama Blue's items......

And it is correct, if you go, ask your server for the answer
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• The Duck Rules

Quote Originally Posted by DCACM View Post
    Something interesting I noticed on their site's store...
    1. In the kids' apparel section there is a shirt that says "My Momma Says I'm Special."
    1. In the Fun Food section boxes of "Mama Gump's Kitchen" chocolates have the tagline: "You know you're gonna get good chocolate with Mamma Gump's"

So which is it? Momma, Mama, or Mamma? I'm confused!
    Mamma and Mama would be Forrest mothert

Mama would be Bubba mother

Then I could be totally wrong.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    My favorite part about this restaurant is that any waiter can help you, and you don't have to wait for your particular person to come back around again. They have a sign on the table that says "Stop" (or something, but clever-like) and the other side says "Run Forrest, Run". The waiters can tell instantly if you need some attention and will stop by to check on you.
    Best idea in food service EVER! This was my favorite thing about the restaurant too. I don't remember the food being amazing, but I remember leaving happy and full and we had a great time. (Pier 39 Gumps)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• DizMee

Re: Bubba Gump. CPK and Cheesecake Factory

I just saw this article on the Anaheim Visitors Guide showing a new photo of Bubba Gumps and that 2 more restaurants (CPK and Cheesecake Factory) are open with more opening in May 2008.

http://anaheimvisitorsguide.com/restaurants.html

• moldtester

I Am Heading Down To Disneyland In A Couple Of Months. Can We Walk To Bubba Gumps? If So What Is The Route And How Long Does It Take?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by moldtester View Post
    I Am Heading Down To Disneyland In A Couple Of Months. Can We Walk To Bubba Gumps? If So What Is The Route And How Long Does It Take?
    yes you can walk. I'm guessing it's about a mile..maybe a bit more or less.

We walked down harbor (turning right as we left the park area), turned left down katella and just walk until you see it. We actually went to the cheesecake factory, but they are all near each other.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I have eaten at the Bubba Gump in Long Beach near the Queen Mary. I've only eaten at a Bubba Gump once, but I had the Pasta and Shrimp (I can't remember what it is called...because it's been a year since I have eaten there ), and we enjoyed it. I will say that it is obvious that the person who founded Bubba Gump is a big Forrest Gump fan. It's really fun, though, and I recommend it to anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast