Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Disneyland's Carnation Cafe Breakfast?

For lunch you can have the Baked Potato Soup which is UNBELIEVABLE. It is so delicious, it is like a baked potato melting in your mouth. For breakfast, I love the waffle or the ham crossaint sandwhich. Oscar is so sweet. The last time I was there I met him and when I told him I was going to have the soup, he gave me a copy of the receipe and signed it. It was REALLY cool.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret.

Tigerlily and I have always enjoyed eggs benedict. So we have had it numerous times at the Carnation Cafe. Then we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel once and had breakfast at what is now known as Steakhouse 55.

The eggs benedict at Steakhouse 55 is phenominal! The hollandaise sauce isn't canned like it is at the CC, and they use real ham instead of ultra-thin sliced ham like you get at the deli counter of your local store.
    It costs $3 more per person, but it is an excellant breakfast. You can also use your Disneyland Premium Annual Passport for the 15% discount at Steakhouse 55 as well!

We still have breakfast once in awhile at the CC, but sometimes we also come into the Park, hop on the Monorail, get off in Downtown Disney and walk the short distance to the DH for a killer breakfast in an excellant restaurant.

I know that you don't get the ambiance of Main Street, but believe me, I've had more than one breakfast there that went sideways because some thoughtless parent decided it would be a good idea to bring their kids to Disneyland without feeding them first. Once they get onto Main Street and the child sees Sleeping Beauty Castle the last thing they have on their mind is breakfast. Suddenly, Mom and Dad are making a hard left turn into the Carnation Cafe and Juniors havin' a meltdown because he wants to go and PLAY! Bad show folks... feed your kids!
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-21-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• formerly PretzelSouls!

o_O I like the coffee hahaha.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

That's good to know. Thanks! I agree...I wish people would feed their kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret.

Tigerlily and I have always enjoyed eggs benedict. So we have had it numerous times at the Carnation Cafe. Then we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel once and had breakfast at what is now known as Steakhouse 55.

The eggs benedict at Steakhouse 55 is phenominal! The hollandaise sauce isn't canned like it is at the CC, and they use real ham instead of ultra-thin sliced ham like you get at the deli counter of your local store.
    It costs $3 more per person, but it is an excellant breakfast. You can also use your Disneyland Premium Annual Passport for the 15% discount at Steakhouse 55 as well!

We still have breakfast once in awhile at the CC, but sometimes we also come into the Park, hop on the Monorail, get off in Downtown Disney and walk the short distance to the DH for a killer breakfast in an excellant restaurant.

I know that you don't get the ambiance of Main Street, but believe me, I've had more than one breakfast there that went sideways because some thoughtless parent decided it would be a good idea to bring their kids to Disneyland without feeding them first. Once they get onto Main Street and the child sees Sleeping Beauty Castle the last thing they have on their mind is breakfast. Suddenly, Mom and Dad are making a hard left turn into the Carnation Cafe and Juniors havin' a meltdown because he wants to go and PLAY! Bad show folks... feed your kids!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Bumppp

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

We have had breakfast everywhere in DL from the old early entry with breakfast in tomorrowland to the Plaza Charachter meal to Goofys Kitchen to LIlo and Stitch at Paradise Pier to The GCH storytellers. Its all different in food and experience. But I will say for in park dinning Carnations B'fast is wonderful for the price and the food. And throw a little interaction with Oscar in for good measure ( he is a character) I could listen to his mellow voice forever. Just to see a CM with genuine love for his job and for the people he serves is the unique experience Walt wanted for his guest. The food is good , B'fast is reasonably priced, we come away with a good warm fuzzy feeling .

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I don't understand why they moved this thread out of the Disneyland section.

Yo! Mods! Lighten up!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123