Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denny's

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Denny's

Denny's would not be my first choice and you never choose to go there. It's either you are really hungry and anything would taste good or someone else insist they have improved. Sorry, Denny lovers it's just my honest opinion!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Denny's is where you go when it's late and everywhere else is closed and you just want to EAT, you don't care about service.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    Denny's is where you go when it's late and everywhere else is closed and you just want to EAT, you don't care about service.
    yeah, basically the last time I was in one was about 14 years ago and the bar had just let out...so after 2am. I was drink...someone else drove there and I don't recall much. I know the food was gross and I didn't eat much of it and then I woke up in my bed. ...oh wait....I do remember the service being really slow, because I just wanted to lay down and we were there forever it seemed.

• "I Break Things"

Eaten there before, food's cheap, service was fine since I never went when it was really busy. If there are people actually waiting to get a table then it is a good indicator to possibly go somewhere else. Po Folks... now that is great service and great food.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Bucket List Car

Last time I ate at Denny's was in January in Dallas. Tried to order the Slim Slam breakfast; they no longer make it, at least that location. Is this true for other locations??
    Yeah, the service is slow, whatever state you're in!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm with you on Norm's CB. That place is pretty good for a Denny's style restaurant.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Denny's is never a place you choose to go. It's a place that you just... end up at.
    That is so true! MickeyMaxx and I ended up in a Denny's on the Las Vegas strip a few years ago. Miserable food and miserable service. Now every time we walk by there, we laugh and ask ourselves "out of all the places to eat on the Las Vegas Strip, how did we end up in there????"
    Rick

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Rixter, it's better than Carrow's. We ended up at one there on the strip and it was so nasty and gross!!!

We uwed to go to Denny's after shows but then we realized iHop is a million times better
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yeah, basically the last time I was in one was about 14 years ago and the bar had just let out...so after 2am. I was drink...someone else drove there and I don't recall much. I know the food was gross and I didn't eat much of it and then I woke up in my bed. ...oh wait....I do remember the service being really slow, because I just wanted to lay down and we were there forever it seemed.
    I went there post John Mayer concert, very "happy", it was really late, and my dd needed food. I think I ordered toast and called their mint grasshopper sundae something dirty regarding aliens. No one ever goes to Denny's sober past midnight unless they're the dd.

They have good eggs though.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Someone once said that Denny's had a really good hamburger. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• 1375 miles away

We usually do Denney's several times because it is so convenient and I do get tired of pizza. Being across the street from Disneyland does make them probably the busiest and most expensive Denny's I have ever eaten at. Still, everything we have ordered has always been pretty good and they haven't been any slower than anywhere else.

Denney's has been a life saver for us. My daughter has gotten sick coming in on the train 2 different trips. (I assumed motion sickness. Needless to say, we now fly!) Anyway, Denney's did offer some very good chicken noodle soup which got her feeling better and ready for the park.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Minion

I LOVE Denny's... probarbly because we don't have them here in Australia!! What I would give right now for a grand slam breakfast *drool*. No-one here in Australia does good breakfast like you guys

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    I LOVE Denny's... probarbly because we don't have them here in Australia!! What I would give right now for a grand slam breakfast *drool*. No-one here in Australia does good breakfast like you guys

I agree. I'd be the size of a house if I ate them every day -but what a great treat. And what about biscuits and gravy? *Sigh* missing American ethnic food.....
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• Your son Chico?!

denny's is definitely the staple among drunk teens and college students, and im sure adults too. it is also a very so popular place to get french toast at 3 am because it is open 24 hours. i agree that their service is not great and neither is the food. the last time i ate at a denny's was on our way back from a road trip to plam springs. we were desperate and hungry and we saw a denny's.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tell-no-tales View Post
    I agree. I'd be the size of a house if I ate them every day -but what a great treat. And what about biscuits and gravy? *Sigh* missing American ethnic food.....
    love love LOVE biscuits and gravy!!!
    Did you know that NZ has denny's???? Why don't we have them if NZ does????

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast