Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak

Smile Amtrak

I'm wondering how 'on time' is Amtrak, coming from Simi Valley?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Amtrak

Tooooooo, Disneyland? Santa Barbara? I'm guessing you mean DL.

I think it's pretty much on time. I haven't taken it but I know people that have and it's usually not too late.

Oh yes, of course, to DL! My mistake, I'm new here. Simi Valley, south of Santa Barbara. And thank you for that bit of info, I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Amtrak is usually good on their times, I have used Amtrak to go to Discovery Kingdom and to DL (at nine at night had to take a taxi to get to Anaheim since we got to LA at 2 in the morning. I live in Fresno so it took us a bit.)

It maybe late if they have to stop to let other trains go by.

I went to Discovery Kingdom and our train was stopped twice so other trains can go by an we were late by about 10-15 minutes.
    Last edited by AlexLoup; 10-01-2008 at 12:40 AM.

• Following the Second Star

I have another Amtrak question.

I was told the Anahiem station is close to Angels Stadium. Is there a shuttle that goes to Disneyland from the station? If so, what is the schedule for when it runs?

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

^Not only close to Angels stadium...it's in the parking lot.

I don't know of any shuttle that runs to DL...but that would have helped me a lot. I used to take the train all the time from San Diego to DL, and I'd always just hop on a bus to run down Katella, get off at harbor and walk up. So if nothing else you could always do that.

• Rock Star Minion

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf

This is a pretty large 3 megabyte map.

Route 15. Once per hour. There are a few OCTA buses as well.
    It is a 40-minute to one hour bus shuttle ride, costing $3 and precious time away from DL.
    http://rideart.org/amtrak/AMTRAK_sch...ntrSprg_08.pdf

My recommendation: Hoof it or cab it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I'd cab it. That's what I did when I did a last minute trip once.

Question Re: Amtrak

About that cab ride to DL from the Amtrak, is it costly?

• Merry 2014!

How much did it cost to cab it from Union Station to DL? That sounds pretty darn expensive. I'd like to know because I am considering taking the train and would get to L.A. at 2 a.m.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    How much did it cost to cab it from Union Station to DL? That sounds pretty darn expensive. I'd like to know because I am considering taking the train and would get to L.A. at 2 a.m.
    I think we paid $75 dollars from LA Union Station to get to our hotel. It is very expensive, my friends and I are talking about taking the train again that late but crashing at the station until about 8 am.
    Last edited by AlexLoup; 10-01-2008 at 09:47 PM.

• mountains beyond mtns.

gus gus, you can always call up Amtrak to ask if a particular train is running on schedule (usually, they are) Amtrak's number is 1 800 872-7245.

That ART route 15 shuttle that Sediment was talking about only takes 25 min from DLR to the Amtrak station and vice versa. The only reason it takes that long is because it makes a few 5 minute stops along the way.

Another option would be either taking the OCTA 43 heading south from outside the shuttle area, getting off at Katella/Harbor and then taking the OCTA 50 heading Eastward and get off right in front of the Amtrak station. Or you could just walk to Katella/Harbor to board the OCTA 50.

You can find schedules and maps for the two OCTA lines I mentioned here. OCTA - Schedule & Maps

Thank you, brand42, you all have been very helpful in my quest to the magical world of Disney! It's been quite some time, and we're venturing out from Colorado, should be fun!

• Rock Star Minion

From Simi Valley, if there are more than, say, 3 people, you might as well drive. Yes, it can be a pretty scary drive at the wrong time. I suggest leaving early, around 6AM, and leaving from DL after 8PM in order to miss traffic. Those are weekday times. Weekends are not so specific on times, but traffic is slower all day on weekends.

Fare is $17 each way. For two people, that's $68.
    It's a 78-mile drive (+/- 5 miles depending on where in Simi you are), and that will cost about $32 r/t, gas only (80 miles o/w, 20mpg, $4 gas).

Cab from anaheim station to DL should not be too bad. $5? $10?
    2.5 miles, rough estimate.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I've always had good luck with Amtrak. I've taken it from SB to Anaheim in various arrangements. Comfortable, almost as quick as driving, and no traffic!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast