• back in Austin

possible DL visit the week AFTER Memorial Day

My fiancee and I are planning on honeymooning in CA and will be spending some time at Disneyland. We're thinking of getting married on May 24 (the Sunday before Memorial Day) and then starting our honeymoon on the 26th. Is the week AFTER Memorial Day weekend a good one for visiting the park?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: possible DL visit the week AFTER Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    My fiancee and I are planning on honeymooning in CA and will be spending some time at Disneyland. We're thinking of getting married on May 24 (the Sunday before Memorial Day) and then starting our honeymoon on the 26th. Is the week AFTER Memorial Day weekend a good one for visiting the park?
    Should be fine. There might be a Grad night or two thrown in there.
    My wife and I were married Memorial Sunday. A little less expensive, and guests didn't have to work the next day.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• back in Austin

Thanks! That's our logic too, in thinking of Memorial Sunday. Folks don't have to rush off to work the next day.

Are grad nights a big deal? Should we avoid DL during one?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    Thanks! That's our logic too, in thinking of Memorial Sunday. Folks don't have to rush off to work the next day.

Are grad nights a big deal? Should we avoid DL during one?
    Grad Nights mean the park (DL, I mean) closes a little earlier than on other nights. You'll get plenty of park in during this time, so an hour or two should be a concern. And you won't be able to get into the park during the Grad Night Event. Not sure if DCA is open later on those nights. The park might be a little louder than usual, those being over-night events. I suggest a hotel room facing away from the park.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

We've enjoyed the Park during the first w/e of June for the past few years, and it was enjoyable. Not too crowded at all.

Now... Wait two weeks later, and boom!!!

You won't see us there then!

Enjoy!

• Still wants to be a cat!

So looking forward to seeing you and meeting your new wife! Sounds like the perfect time for you two to visit Disneyland!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• back in Austin

Cool. thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll be back in touch as the date approaches.

DS's b'day is the 26th, and we started our trip in May on that day, and it was sooo quiet. So at the parks, it seems people Go Home on the actual Monday, and leave the park to others!

As for having your wedding on a holiday, plan a long time ahead. People make strong plans for 3 day weekends like this, long-standing, can't change plans. Well before invites are sent out, make sure *everyone* knows the date and where you'll have it.

If people have to travel, airfare is higher on such weekends, so you might be decreasing the number of people who can be there, b/c of that.

The reason we went to Disneyland for DS's b'day this year is that NO ONE can come to his parties, b/c everyone has plans they've been doing for years and years on that weekend, and we finally got tired of it! Yes a wedding isn't like a b'day, but you still have to be prepared for it.

But anyway, from our one experience, it seems even the holiday Monday is quiet (I read that the Fri-Sun was awful b/c of crowds), so the rest of the week should be fine.