Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Shorts or Pants This Holiday Season At The Disneyland Resort?

I grew up in Michigan and spent some really cold winters there. Here in CA I tend to wear shorts almost year round, but in the winter there are those unpredictable days when you need a pair of pants. When we go to DLR in the winter I usually end up wearing shorts during the day and bring along a hoodie, then wear a pair of jeans and the hoodie at night.

It really becomes a personal choice, because cold for me may not be cold for you and vice versa.

Bring both and be prepared to change in the evenings, although you might not need to.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I am an all year shorts person. I wear them in the rain, wind and heat so obviously I would wear them to Disneyland during the winter as well. If I were you, I would wear shorts and bring pants along and just get a locker incase you want to change later in the day.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Walt Disney Fan

Bring pants because it can get cold for us California's. But my uncle is from Colorado and when we he comes out for the Holidays he's wearing tank-tops, shorts, and sandels the whole time.

We think it gets cold but its proably not that cold the way it can be in Texas during the winter

Bring both
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Shorts. Of course, have both, but I bet to a habitual short-wearer, you are going to be just fine.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

When i go to Zero Period at 7:00 AM every morning it's late 40's early 50's. When I leave at 2:40 it's 90.

I hope this helps... (lol)

• Sock Puppet

We rarely ever wear long pants to the Park, and we spend T-Day week and a long w/e in Dec there each year (in addition to our other trips there).

Sure, the evenings might get cool, so you might want to wear sweats or pants, but other than bringing along a sweatshirt for the evening, we don't do much else.

Of course, if they are forecasting a cold-front, then obviously, take the appropriate clothes with you.

Disney has a nice forecast link on their main page.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i always giggle when the locals are bundled up in jackets, scarves and gloves when its 50 degrees outside, and i'm still in my shorts and a sweatshirt

winter months i always pack both when coming to DLR, its hit or miss with the weather
    Haha! That's me! and sometimes under all that, I'm still cold!! Particularly on the tram ride back to the parking structure!

My best score ever!

It's very easy to get long thermometers in Dec. If a Santa Ana develops, and it often does, daytime temps could get into the 90's. Without any cloud cover, all of the heat easily escapes at night and you could get into the 40's. Depending on the length of your stay,and how many suitcases you plan on bringing, plan for both hot and cold. Jacket no-sweatshirt definately.

By all means bring both. I've had great weather in December and I've had torrential downpours including one so intense that they nearly cancelled the parade. If the parade had started just 10 minutes later, I think they would have cancelled it. By the time the parade arrived at the IASW mall, the only characters still in the parade were the most beloved Disney characters and Santa. The dancers had been pulled and the characters all stood on the floats and waved as each float went by.

Chiming in with everyone else: My theory is that if you were oblivious to cold, you'd just be wearing shorts no matter what, and probably wouldn't be asking the question.

So yes, I would pack both long pants and shorts for the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Disney has a nice forecast link on their main page.
    Where?

I haven't seen any weather forecasts on the site since it was updated. (It used to be included with the daily info in the park calendar. Which was quite helpful, so of course they had to remove it. )

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    depends on the individual, I prefer shots... just me... but others may think that shorts are too casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Jungle Cruise shots or alcoholic ones?
    They would have to be Cove Bar shots, Disneyland is dry. (Yes, excepting Club 33 and after-hours events.)

Yanno, I can see it now - TechSkip and Tinkmomma in the park with the Circus in tow, and a wheel falls off the stroller. Skip pulls out a cap pistol - Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop...

Five or six people (AP's and current and former CM's) get it and bust up, and everyone else is standing around wondering what the joke was.

Back to the weather: Plan for D) All Of The Above.
    We are a low desert, modified by all the civilization. We regularly get week long hot spells in the dead of winter, 90-F-Plus afternoons during Christmas week is not that unusual. The Dickens Carolers on Main Street hide icepacks in their mufflers, and they leave off as many under-layers as possible underneath that "winter coat".

But with low humidity and no inversion to hold the heat it all radiates away - the heat vanishes real fast when the sun goes down, and it can easily get down into the thirties and forties by the wee hours.

To the northern and snow-belt contingent that's comfy, but to most sane people it's a bit cold for shorts and tee shirts. I'll at least go to jeans and a long-sleeve flannel shirt, if you are staying active that's enough.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I'm from Texas so I don't think CA weather will be that cold for me to bundle up but what does everyone think about what one should wear during the December days at the Disneyland Resort.

I'd like to vote for Shorts but I don't know for sure as I've never been to the resort during the holidays.
    Southern California is a weather-warp. I would advise bringing both. There have been days with family visiting, where they would wear shorts by day and bring pants and keep them in a locker, and put them on later when it cooled off.

It could be 80 degrees in the daytime and cool down to 58 at night. It's strange.....personally, I can maintain in shorts at night in 50-something temps, as long as I have a sweatshirt or something and am wearing closed shoes (I live in flip flops).

So, short story long - word to the wise - bring both. Better to have too much than not enough .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12