• Member since '08

Do you have to stay 2 nights at at Disney Hotel? Are suites worth?

We are going to be visiting our inlaws in Palm Springs this March and were thinking of taking at trip up to Disneyland with my sister in law and her kids. There would be 2 adults and 4 kids or possibly 3 adults and 4 kids if Grandpa joins us. We were wonding if a suite at the Californian would be cheaper than two rooms there. Also, how do you book one? I tried putting in the 2 adults and 4 kids, but nothing came up. You also can't book just one night through the site. If I call can you book for just one night at a Disney Hotel?

Last trip:
    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)

Blog Entries

Re: Do you have to stay 2 nights at at Disney Hotel? Are suites worth?

Quote Originally Posted by katherinemouse View Post
    We are going to be visiting our inlaws in Palm Springs this March and were thinking of taking at trip up to Disneyland with my sister in law and her kids. There would be 2 adults and 4 kids or possibly 3 adults and 4 kids if Grandpa joins us. We were wonding if a suite at the Californian would be cheaper than two rooms there. Also, how do you book one? I tried putting in the 2 adults and 4 kids, but nothing came up. You also can't book just one night through the site. If I call can you book for just one night at a Disney Hotel?

All I can say is that if you have never stayed there it is worth it if you can get a good deal. You need to call The Hotel in order to book the suites. But you can get a really nice room close to the park for a lot cheaper if you look around.

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have never book them online. I use AAA travel agency and have them book rooms there for me, they usually can get a decent deal if you are nice... If you can afford it, the rooms at the Californian are wonderful and luxurious. A more family friendly hotel is paradise pier, it's not nearly as fancy but it is still a nice stay. Oh, and yes, you can stay one night.

Just to let you know, it is a popular hotel and more reservations are needed more than a little over 1 month notice. I checked on the AAA site and rooms for most of the month are sold out. Good luck.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 01-25-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• For You!

We stayed in the GCH with one of the bunkbed rooms - we fit 3 adults and 2 kids - there was a pullout under the bunk bed and a queen bed.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Member since '08

Just booked 1 night at the Grand, but booked two rooms. I got a great deal on the park tickets as Grandpa lives in Rancho Mirage and everyone in our party got the discouted 2 day park hoppers for $94 (adults) and $84 (kids).

Last trip:
    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)