Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantasmic Seating?

Hello everyone, dh and I are heading to DLR in 18 days, for a week. I am very excited because we have never had more than two days at a time in the park and its always been so rushed.

This time we can take our time and enjoy every minute.

My question is: Fantasmic. I've read a lot of the posts here, although I find nothing recent, about seating for the show.

Is it worth the $59 for premium seating?
    (I hear that there is no more balcony seating, just the premium seating near HM).

I also read that some people dine at RiverBelle Terrace and the seating is just as good. Does Riverbelle take reservations? Can the show be seen from the French Market or Cafe Orleans?

This trip is my birthday trip, so I'm very excited and reading as much as I can to be prepared for the best trip ever!

Thanks,

Grace

Re: Fantasmic Seating?

I don't have an answer for you, but we are going on May for my birthday and I am planning on getting tickets for the Fantasmic Dessert thing........we figured it is a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

I look forward to hearing how it is for you if you decide to get tickets

If it helps at all, I did email DLR to make sure I had the details correct, and the below is what they emailed me back:

"However, a premium Fantasmic! viewing experience is available near the Tom Sawyer Island Raft Dock. The price for Fantasmic! Premium Viewing is$59.00 for Guests ages 10 and up and $49.00 for Guests ages 3-9, which includes a dessert sampler. Reservations are available up to one month in advance through our Ticketing & Reservations office at (714) 781-4400 and may be picked up on the day of your visit at the Guest Services window. Same day reservations are available on a first come first served basis at Guest services window located on the left side of the Main Entry Plaza adjacent to the Disneyland Newsstand (subject to availability). For showtimes please visit our website at www.disneyland.com or contact our Ticketing & Reservations office at (714) 781-4400 beginning at 8:00 am daily. Park admission is required. Please keep in mind all information is subject to change without prior notice. "

• It's all about Theme!

It is fun to do. But IMO, the expense isn't worth one Dessert Tray, a padded seat, and a beverage brought to you by a waiter. Seats are situated in rows, so there could be the possibility that you will be seated behind others as well.

My seat had the pop up speakers that come up only for Fantasmic right in the middle.

But I usually say to folks that if they want to spend the money and try something a bit more relaxing, then go for it! =)
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

I'm sure its a one time experience for me, but it will be nice not to have to stake out a place to watch from in advance.

I got PS for the 9 p.m. show. I'm excited!

Thanks Walt Jr and Kristine.

I'll be sure and let you know what I thought of it when I get back, Kristine!

Grace

p.s. i'm still wondering about viewing from Cafe Orleans or Riverbelle....anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    I'll be sure and let you know what I thought of it when I get back, Kristine!

I would really, really appreciate hearing from you as you are travelling so soon to when we go. *Although, I have heard a rumour that Fantasmic will be down when we are there, something to do with installing new lights I will have to wait and see. I guess we can always get the dessert tickets beforehand (so we don't miss out) and then get refund if the show isn't on.

I would be surprised if they didn't have Fantasmic on the weekend.
    But who knows??

I will be sure and let you know how it goes after we see the show.

Grace

p.s. be sure and wave when you fly over seattle on your way from Nanaimo ...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I have seen the dessert trays and I was pretty impressed with the variety and amount you get! Getting to sit on a chair is always better than on the ground, but if you want to get up and dance along, it may be frowned upon with others seated in the chairs!

I could watch Fantasmic multiple times a night if I could -- love that show. I have heard about some of the improvements and cannot wait to see them.

side track: GraceLovesGoofy - where outside of Seattle? We have a reasonably active group of NW Micechatters around here so keep an eye out in the Main Lounge or the Meets & Events section.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I have seen the dessert trays and I was pretty impressed with the variety and amount you get! Getting to sit on a chair is always better than on the ground, but if you want to get up and dance along, it may be frowned upon with others seated in the chairs!

I could watch Fantasmic multiple times a night if I could -- love that show. I have heard about some of the improvements and cannot wait to see them.

side track: GraceLovesGoofy - where outside of Seattle? We have a reasonably active group of NW Micechatters around here so keep an eye out in the Main Lounge or the Meets & Events section.

My main reason for doing the premium seating is not having to get situated early enough to get a decent place to watch the show. It'll be so nice just to be there 15 or 20 minutes early and have an actual chair to sit on! The dessert and drinks are icing on the cake... This isn't something I'd pay for often, that's for sure!

When I first joined here, I did a search for NW mc'rs and saw that you had a meet in January at the super mall....i think its still called the super mall. I don't mind traveling a little to meet, so definitely let me know when you're next get together is going to be.

Oh, I'm in silverdale

Grace

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

here's a pic I borrowed from a friend who uses the dessert seating - this one is from the Electrical Parade, but I think they are the same assortment. This is a dessert for one person!

oh, and I'm in Port Orchard!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

There is a LOT of food in that tray!!!!!

Like Grace, the part that really appeals to me is having a guarunteed seat......just one time

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    here's a pic I borrowed from a friend who uses the dessert seating - this one is from the Electrical Parade, but I think they are the same assortment. This is a dessert for one person!

oh, and I'm in Port Orchard!!

Thanks for the pic, Tinkermonkey! I hope some of those sweets taste as good as they look! Its enough for a couple people. And some cheese even!

Port Orchard, huh? I know it well.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

We are here in HappyLand and last night was Fantasmic and priority seating.

Having reserved seating for the show is, at the least, a once in a lifetime absolute must for anyone who loves Fantasmic. We had front row seats, the CM's were great making sure we had an enjoyable time. The view was perfect, the desserts were SO GOOD!!! They look just like the pic in this thread, only the pic does no justice. Ours didn't have the chocolate covered strawberry, but had a big cookie with a coating with little stars in it...so cute! and delicious! lots of cheese and crackers also.

Having a reserved place and a chair are well worth the price at least once. The thought of sitting on the hard ground for hours staking out a spot isn't very appealing.

Priority seating for Fantasmic is a real treat and a very fun experience!

Where do you purchase these tickets???

The price for Fantasmic! Premium Viewing is$59.00 for Guests ages 10 and up and $49.00 for Guests ages 3-9, which includes a dessert sampler. Reservations are available up to one month in advance through our Ticketing & Reservations office at (714) 781-4400 and may be picked up on the day of your visit at the Guest Services window. Same day reservations are available on a first come first served basis at Guest services window located on the left side of the Main Entry Plaza adjacent to the Disneyland Newsstand (subject to availability). For showtimes please visit our website at www.disneyland.com or contact our Ticketing & Reservations office at (714) 781-4400 beginning at 8:00 am daily. Park admission is required. Please keep in mind all information is subject to change without prior notice.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Im so glad you had a great time!! we are going to do this to , I can not wait thank you for letting us know how you liked it.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast