• Disney aficionado

Mini Golf In / Around Disneyland Resort

On vacation, I usually play a round of Mini golf just for nostalgia. What are the best mini golf courses in and around Disneyland Resort?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Mini Golf In / Around Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    On vacation, I usually play a round of Mini golf just for nostalgia. What are the best mini golf courses in and around Disneyland Resort?
    Nearest mini golf course is Camelot at 3200 E. Carpenter Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. It's decent with around five courses as well as a decent arcade, laser tag, and a decent cafe with pizza and stuff (and monsterous sized drinks).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Senior Minion

Use the search feature, there was a good thread about this a few months ago.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney aficionado

what should I search for there bob? I havent found anything

• Senior Minion

I'm not sure I just remember a thread. Let me see if I can find it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Here:

Minigolf near Disneyland

I think I remember another but I didn't find it, maybe that one has been closed.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Camelot is an excellent minigolf course which has 5 award winning courses as voted by the Travel Channel along with 4 water slides, Laser Tag, and an expansive arcade. The courses are well maintained and lots of fun.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Disney aficionado

thanks guys i guess i will go to camelot!

• The line's too long...

If you want to take a bit of a ride then head to Riverside's Castle Park for the most amazing miniature golf course I've ever seen. It blows away Camelot's, and even has peacocks wandering the grounds.

• Who's your DaddyB?

I live in Riverside County and never been to Castle Park... Now I think I'm going to gather up the kids and go!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Iron-Clad Allie

I say Camelot Golfland too. It's a fun place with friendly service and magical surroundings.
    The address and phone number are 3200 E Carpenter Ave, Anaheim, CA‎ - (714) 630-3340.

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    I live in Riverside County and never been to Castle Park... Now I think I'm going to gather up the kids and go!
    While you're there have your pre-tween kids go on the Antique Car ride, which was the old Tijuana Taxi at Knott's before Knott's decided to go coaster crazy and rip out some of the old fun attractions. The guy who founded Castle Park used to work at Knott's and helped design the Log Ride and Calico Mine Train. You can still see some of that nice theming at Castle Park but much of it has dissipated over time with new management. The mini golf course is still superb though it could use a nice refurb. Still, I think you'll have a fun outing.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    If you want to take a bit of a ride then head to Riverside's Castle Park for the most amazing miniature golf course I've ever seen. It blows away Camelot's, and even has peacocks wandering the grounds.
    Not only does it have peacocks, it has roaches the size of small dogs. We went once and never, ever returned.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The next closest mini golf course is Boomer's in Fountain Valley, at the 405 and Magnolia. It's closer to the DLR than Castle Park but it doesn't have cool rides just a slick track, batting cages, and an arcade. But it's really fun and for a while was the only mini golf course in OC south of Anaheim.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    While you're there have your pre-tween kids go on the Antique Car ride, which was the old Tijuana Taxi at Knott's before Knott's decided to go coaster crazy and rip out some of the old fun attractions. The guy who founded Castle Park used to work at Knott's and helped design the Log Ride and Calico Mine Train. You can still see some of that nice theming at Castle Park but much of it has dissipated over time with new management. The mini golf course is still superb though it could use a nice refurb. Still, I think you'll have a fun outing.
    Not only are the old Tijuana Taxi's there, but so in the miniature train that used to go around Jungle Island. There are still Disney, Knott's, and USH logos all over it!

They also have one of the only 3 story Ghost Blasters Dark rides. It's an upcharge, and while it's not the best, it's certainly worth at least one ride! I think Castle Park in general is clean, well kept, and a good place to take the family.

And I also echo the sentiment that they have the best Mini-Golf course in the local area by far.

As far as Camelot goes, I personally think it's gone downhill a bit. It was never really the same after they took out the maze... I used to love that thing!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?