Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

What is worthwhile in Downtown Disney?

Should I venture into downtown disney on my honeymoon at all?
    Is there anything wortwhile to do / see there?

• Sock Puppet

Re: What is worthwhile in Downtown Disney?

Your "venture" will consist of about a one minute walk from the entry gates of the Park.

Once at DTD, you can peruse the storefronts (well, the ones that are still open) and check out some snacks. At 9:00pm during the summer, things are just getting started at DTD!

Also be sure and walk through the DL Hotel. It's about a five minute walk from the World of Disney store. Check out the Monorail station (or take it out of the Park when it closes) on your way to check out the archive pictures and old souveniers that are behind the glass cases within the Hotel. Go up the escalator near Goofy's Kitchen and check out the murals. Maybe hop in the Neverland Pool for a quick dip! LOL

Since you are right there, take a stroll through the lobby of the GCH too. Have a drink at the bar so you and your bride can relax from all the running arund and clock watching that you did during the day.

Besides, you will have plenty of time to do this after the Park closes for Grad Nite.
    Last edited by OldSchoolMickey; 03-27-2009 at 05:28 PM.

• Im the fun mommy :)

I like down town Disney, but really love the down town Disney in WDW. I will be going there to try several of the restaurants and build a bear for the kids.I personally wish there was more to do there.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Why don't you go and have a look for yourself. Decide whether there's anything you think is worthwhile. It's not like it's on the other side of the moon - it's a 2 minute walk for crying out loud.

• Disney aficionado

Well from looking and see what is in downtown Disney. It looks like ESPN sports zone is pretty cool. Some of the other places are OK but nothing you can't find at the local mall. Nothing truly magical and unique. I'm just wondering if I'm wrong about that.

"OldSchoolMickey" above did give me a good answer to my question as I didn't know any of that existed nor would think to investigate the GCH or Disneyland hotel.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

After DL closes, you should take a walk though there. Or take the monorail then walk back.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disney aficionado

Ya I'll probably do that. Or if we need a break from the parks before going from DL to DCA or vice-versa

• Young Padawan

Definitely go see the Grand Californian Hotel lobby. It's stunning.
    *In case you didn't know, there is an entrance to the hotel from California Adventure, located across from Grizzly River Run. Also, there is an entrance from the hotel to Downtown Disney.
    You also might want to go into Downtown Disney by taking the monorail out from Tomorrowland.

Anyways...Vault Disney has some interesting stuff. If you are looking for a more trendy (and more expensive) version of that Mickey Mouse t-shirt, then this is the place to get it.
    World of Disney has just about every Disney souvenir, so it's a great one stop shop for anything you need.
    I strongly suggest visiting in the evening, because many musicians are outside performing then, which can be fun.
    Sadly though, many of the stores in Downtown Disney are closing, so there's becoming less to do.
    Show off your Disneyland knowledge by entering my photo contest:
    http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine...contestid=2557

• Disney aficionado

that sounds neat small fry.. I did read about that before when I heard about people going to whitewater snacks. Do they check your tickets again upon re-entering from the GCH or anything like that?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Are you spending more than a day there? If not, don't waste your time in Downtown Disney. If you have an annual pass and want to relax and catch a movie while you're down at Disneyland, it's great. If you need to do some major shopping and don't have a mall in your home town, then maybe. If your teenage daughters are bored and want Dad to spend money on clothes and makeup and such... Then it's a DON'T MISS.

Unless you have tickets that night for House of Blues, it's nothing to write home about.

if you have never seen the rain forest cafe, go, its fun and my kids favorites.

YouTube - Rain Forest Cafe (Disney)

here is a nice video of what there is in down town Disney so you can decide YouTube - Downtown Disney California October 2007

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yes, to stopping in the Grand Californian Lobby - especially if your honeymoon is in the middle of summer - it's nice to get out of the heat and crowd early and mid afternoon. And I too love Whitewater Snacks, and the outside patio area, in the shade.

You mentioned ESPN zone, and several people love the sandwiches there. Others have already mentioned the main stores, World of Disney, vault 28. Also, just for the heck of it, it might be fun to build a honeymoon bear at Build A Bear ( the downtown Disney Build a Bear's always seem more special because of the "magical place" they were born at ) hahahaha - that really sounds corny.

• Here's my 2 cents

We always take the monorail to the DTD station and eat at least one meal there just to get out of the Park and take a break. The evening has a nice vibe, its very colorful, lots to look at, people watch, etc. The big plus is the food is much better than in the park.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    The big plus is the food is much better than in the park.
    Really? You'd say the food in DTD is much better than say Blue Bayou or Carnation Cafe? Do they take reservations at any of the DTD restaraunts? Are they as busy as the food places are in the park?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast