Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

GardenWalk Parking

I was just wondering if anyone has ever parked at the GardenWalk parking structure at around 7 AM in the morning? I know a lot of the stores on the gardenwalk don't officially open up till 11 AM, but I was wondreing if the parking structure opened up.

The gardenwalk parking structure is only a 5 min drive from my hotel, so I was just thinking of parking there instead of traveling the 10 minutes and facing the traffic headed towards mickey & friends.

It's only about a .5 mile walk from the structure to the park, so that's not too bad at all.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: GardenWalk Parking

You do have to pay to park in that lot, so you'd be running a tab all day if you leave your car there.
    A signature should go here.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You are staying near Angel Stadium, correct?

In that case Pumbaa/Gardenwalk/Timon are much easier to get to than parking at the structure anyway, so I don't quite understand why you are even considering parking in the structure.

I avoid the structure whenever I can...

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    You do have to pay to park in that lot, so you'd be running a tab all day if you leave your car there.
    It is $12 Max for the day.. the same as Mickey & Friends.

How do I get to Timon and Pumba? Do you have an address for them? Do I have much choice which one they put me in.. either Timon or Pumba? Which one is closer to the park? Is there a big line up getting to them?

• Sock Puppet

They are in the lower portion of the parking lot near DCA and behind/next to PPH.

Forget GardenWalk.

And besides, if you are actually going to be there at 0700, then you won't have any parking issues to worry about.

No shuttle for the guests at the Ayres?

And no, I don't consider the FART system a shuttle. Nightmare, yes.

Shuttle, no...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    The gardenwalk parking structure is only a 5 min drive from my hotel, so I was just thinking of parking there instead of traveling the 10 minutes and facing the traffic headed towards mickey & friends.

Actually, to keep you on schedule, the accurate times will be 6 minutes to GardenWalk and 2 more minutes to Timon or Pumba.

I'd hate to see you start your day off late!!!

• no flash photography...

I got to mickey and friends at 7:30am. No traffic and we were parked in Pinocchio.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    They are in the lower portion of the parking lot near DCA and behind/next to PPH.

Forget GardenWalk.

And besides, if you are actually going to be there at 0700, then you won't have any parking issues to worry about.

No shuttle for the guests at the Ayres?

And no, I don't consider the FART system a shuttle. Nightmare, yes.

Shuttle, no...
    ya no shuttle unfortunately.. just the fart

haha..ya timon and pumba sounds like the way to go.. Weren't they removing part of one of those lots for DCA expansion though?

I found this map:
    http://restoringcommunityconference.com/resort_map.pdf
    What's that blue lot just north off of Disney way ?

• Beach Expert

It is $12 Max for the day.. the same as Mickey & Friends.

How do I get to Timon and Pumba? Do you have an address for them? Do I have much choice which one they put me in.. either Timon or Pumba? Which one is closer to the park? Is there a big line up getting to them?
    I just want to preface this by saying when you get here you are going to be absolutely shocked at how small the Disneyland resort is. The parking situation is not difficult at all. There are just many lots around the resort area.

Pumbaa is on the north side of Disney Way, accross the street from Garden Walk. As you approach Disney Way from Angel Stadium, Gardenwalk will be to your left and Pumbaa will be on your right. If you keep going on Disney Way, cross over Harbor Blvd and you will be in the Timon lot (what is left of the old Disneyland parking lot). The address for Timon is 1313 Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802.

It will be obvious when Pumbaa is open. Disney way will have traffic cones and Anaheim Police directing drivers into the lot. If there are no cones and no police directing traffic then you know that lot is closed. You can then choose to park in Gardenwalk or Timon. I've heard that construction will begin on the new Pumbaa parking lot structure this summer, so it may very well be closed permanently by then. If you are paying for Disneyland parking anyway, I would choose Gardenwalk, because Timon fills up quickly due to the fact that 3/4 of it is now unavailable due to DCA construction equipment. There is no difference in distance to the park between Gardenwalk and Pumbaa.

As to your last question -- this is Disneyland. I think the answer should be obvious. But generally speaking the lines are not as bad as the lines at the structure.

• Disney aficionado

Thanks for the help. I think I now fully understand all the Disney parking options ! Timon, Mickey & Friends, Pumba and gardenwalk.

Pumba and Gardenwalk seem like = driving time about. Gardenwalk seems like a slightly longer walk than Pumba. Timon has the tram, but not much of a lot remains there. Mickey & Friends I will avoid
    I think I'll shoot for Pumba day one, but I'll be sure to look on here to see if updates on construction are posted here.

On the 2nd day at the park, I'll be parking in the GardenWalk structure, since I'm eating lunch at the gardenwalk before going to the park.

here is an aerial picture of the area with all the parking lots marked. There are others but they are normally used for excessive overflow parking. The angel stadium is to the right

click on word to see aerial

parking lots

• Beach Expert

Pumbaa and gardenwalk are the same distance to the park. If you exit the parking garage where the valet parking is for the bowling alley there is no difference in distance whatsoever.

• Disney aficionado

ok thanks guys that makes the choice of pumba or the gardenwalk easy for me . Now if I'm coming West on Katella from the angel stadium would you recommend I take S. Anaheim Way, S. Anaheim Blvd, or S. Clementine Street to Disney Way? Is one more congested than the other or more easily accessible than the other?

They all seem pretty much a straight shot which is nice
    Last edited by Yackerz; 04-03-2009 at 12:16 PM.

• Beach Expert

ok thanks guys that makes the choice of pumba or the gardenwalk easy for me . Now if I'm coming West on Katella from the angel stadium would you recommend I take S. Anaheim Way, S. Anaheim Blvd, or S. Clementine Street to Disney Way? Is one more congested than the other or more easily accessible than the other?

They all seem pretty much a straight shot which is nice
    Ever heard of Mapquest? Just follow the directions. You will be travelling no more than 2 or 3 miles within Anaheim. You're not going on some cross country road trip.

• Disney aficionado

haha where did you think I got those names of streets off of ? I mean Mapquest is good usually, but when I'm in an urban area there is usually 3 streets that take about the same amount of time. One usually prone to bottle necks and one that I can avoid it with.

Google maps directed me to go on S Anaheim Way to Disney Way.
    However, an alternative route thats about the same distance is taking
    S. Clementine Street to Disney Way.
    Shorter distance on Disney Way.

Is Disney Way congested before Park opening?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast