• Banned User

Need Advice on Ares Travel....

I've been hunting for the best prices for hotel and park tickets for October 17-24, 2009, and I've looked at Getawaytoday and Ares Travel. Right now, Ares Travel has Getawaytoday beat by a couple hundred dollars for 7 nights in the hotel I want and 4-day park hoppers for 3 adults & 2 kids. PLUS, I am able to get a nicer room through Ares Travel for a little less than the price of a lesser room with Getawaytoday!

Here's the breakdown:
    Getawaytoday
    Desert Palm Inn & Suites - Premiere Borrego Suite (Check-in: 10/17/2009 - 7 Nights).....$1,151.00
    3 adult, 2 child 4-day Disneyland Park Hopper bonus tickets.....$910.00
    assorted fees...$50.00
    Grand total....$2,111.00

Ares Travel
    Desert Palm Inn & Suites - Premiere Borrego Suite (Check-in: 10/17/2009 - 7 Nights).....$993.16 (including taxes)
    3 adult, 2 child 4-day Disneyland Park Hopper bonus tickets.....$885.00
    Ticket Convenience fee...$5.00
    Grand total....$1,883.16

My question is...
    Has anyone done business with Ares Travel? What has been your experience? Do they include the Early Entry in the price of their tickets? Are they easy to work with?

Up until recently, I've been a big fan of Getawaytoday, because of their prices, but after doing all this digging and finding what Ares Travel is offering, I might be changing my song.

Any help and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by disney-fan-reborn; 04-15-2009 at 11:22 PM.

• DL Obsessed

Re: Need Advice on Ares Travel....

Definatly try using Costco.com or Disneyland.com.

I booked one and it saved my quite a bit of money. Also through costco they threw in a free character breakfast for 4 people (which with 5 would cost $25 for 5 people for breakfast basically). Also there is definatly NO fees to go along with it.

I tried to compare prices at Disneyland.com but its not working right now. but it could definatly be cheaper.( i know that my hotel alone ran like $50 per night cheaper through costco.com). Costco.com uses the same everything as Disneyland.com, juts gives you a few extra perks, if yoiu know someone with a membership.

• Banned User

Ares and Getawaytoday still have better prices than Disneyland.com...especially Ares.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd also suggest either Priceline.com or contacting a couple of the hotels you might enjoy directly. Tickets can usually be purchased at costco for a discount or at regular price at your local Disney Store.

We have a thread about how to successfully use priceline for your Disney vacation HERE

Also, there are several MiceChat approved agencies who can be of great assistance. We highly recommend the following from our MiceChat Partners Page
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Hi there disney-fan-reborn. We can assure you ARES Travel has not only the best travel deals but a long history as one of the premier sellers of Southern California attraction tickets and packages. We have been in business since 1995 and our respected reputation allows us to negotiate those great prices you see! Our site is secure, we're friendly and reliable and we have Call Center Agents who can help you if you have any questions. So give us a try and happy travels!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-17-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Advertising links and numbers removed by an administrator

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

If you are looking for a travel agency, please consider contacting one of the MiceChat approved agencies first: MiceChat Partners Page
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ARES Travel View Post
    Hi there disney-fan-reborn. We can assure you ARES Travel has not only the best travel deals but a long history as one of the premier sellers of Southern California attraction tickets and packages. We have been in business since 1995 and our respected reputation allows us to negotiate those great prices you see! Our site is secure, we're friendly and reliable and we have Call Center Agents who can help you if you have any questions. So give us a try and happy travels!
    UM... anyone else other than the "actual company" who seems to have joined today JUST to answer my question. Odd.

Smile Re: Need Advice on Ares Travel....

We didn't use Ares to book our vacation but we did buy our 5 day park hopper tickets through Ares Travel and had absolutely no problem redeeming the voucher at the park.

• Sock Puppet

I would say shop around first. October is a few months away and there may be better deals coming along your way.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sid470 View Post
    We didn't use Ares to book our vacation but we did buy our 5 day park hopper tickets through Ares Travel and had absolutely no problem redeeming the voucher at the park.
    Good to know!