Christmas time at Disneyland

Anybody have any idea or clues as to what someone should expect the week of Christmas.

I am going with my parents, my sister and my brand new baby. shell be 4 months by then.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Christmas time at Disneyland

Busy. Busy, busy, busy. Holiday season is very popular so if crowds bother you this isn't the time to visit. On the other hand, we actually spend Christmas day there last year and it wasn't bad at all. But before the day and after, expect very long lines.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

It will be packed but its also beautiful at the park. If you do a search of this forum on 'Christmas reports' you can see some of the great decorations. Usually IASW and Haunted Mansion are both decorated for the holidays. It's my favorite time of year.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Christmas and New Years are absolutely the worst times to visit Disneyland. But if you can brave the crowds, you get to hear the Christmas music loop on Main Street, as well as the terrific decorations all over the area, and even the castle is decorated with ornaments and snow on the castle tops. At night, it's really cool to see the castle lightened up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Adventures with Duffy

Be in the parks at rope drop. The mornings are the best time to get rides done. If you want to do HM, grab a fast pass first thing. Space Mt is another one where the FP goes quickly and the lines are long.

We have done New Years for like 25 years. You can have a lot of fun, just plan well. Plan breaks in the afternoon. And do note that with the parades, Main Street is a mad house, so stay far away if your not watching.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

The closer you get to Christmas, the more busy it will get. But as Janell said, get there as early as you can, use fast pass and if you are going to be there multiple days, don't try to rush to much. Esp with a tiny baby you will need to take frequent breaks and take turns with having someone stay with the baby on many rides that they can't go on.

But Christmas time is a most beautiful and magical time! The chill in the air, the holiday decorations... there IS something special about the park that time of year.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-28-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling..oye!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

THANKS ALL!!! I will make plans.......spent Christmas there in 1999.........think its time to head back.......lol!!!

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Its the Best time of the year! HM, ISM, Main Street the whole park is magicaly turned into a Christmas wonderland. We have gone several times during the season it seems like the days before Christmas are quite managable , but as someone told me years ago that its a tradition in the LA area to open your presents Christmas morning then head to DL. It becomes a zoo.
    We took our 2month old grandson a few years ago and he was also quite managable dont forget to use the baby center at the castle end of Main St for some quiet changing time and any supplies you have forgotton

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
    Its the Best time of the year! HM, ISM, Main Street the whole park is magicaly turned into a Christmas wonderland. We have gone several times during the season it seems like the days before Christmas are quite managable , but as someone told me years ago that its a tradition in the LA area to open your presents Christmas morning then head to DL. It becomes a zoo.
    We took our 2month old grandson a few years ago and he was also quite managable dont forget to use the baby center at the castle end of Main St for some quiet changing time and any supplies you have forgotton

Thank you, I didnt know of this baby center.......then again I didnt have a baby until well until this coming August!
    Last edited by uawildcats; 06-02-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Christmas is the best time of year to go. Every thing is decked out with the holiday spirit. We have been going the week before Christmas the last few years and before that during Christmas. If you want to have a Disneyland Christmas Parade I would recommend going the week before Christmas to avoid a sold out park.
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 06-29-2009 at 04:31 PM.