Red Face Disney questions???

I just found out that my wonderful Hubby is taking me to Disneyland for 2 days for my birthday in November. Since it is only my 2nd time there and it has been over 4 years since I was there last I have some questions and hope I can get some advice. What are the best places to eat inside Disneyland and Disney California? Is the food at the Blue Bayou worth the cost? How busy is it normally around Veteran's day, it is my b-day that day? and finally, how should we dress for a november day in the park? Heavy jacket or will a hoodie be warm enough? Thank you for all your advice!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Disney questions???

Best places to eat depends on what you want. There are several places in the park that are pretty good... I like the chicken at the Plaza Inn and the burgers at Hungry Bear. Pizza Port is usually popular for some quick, basic food.

Current menus and prices:

Disneyland Resort Menus

I've only eaten at Blue Bayou once, and thought the food was extremely good, but very high priced. Remember you are paying for the atmosphere more than anything.

The last time I was at the park at Veteran's Day was in 05... and I vowed I would never go back that weekend again. It was insanely busy the year we were there. I can only guess that the other years since have been as bad. Maybe someone else who has been there since can help you out with that.

Weather is usually very nice and moderate during the day, short sleeves or light wear, and hoodie weather at night. There can be some rain, but most of the monsoon weather doesn't hit until December.

Average weather:

Disneyland Weather - current conditions and average Disneyland weather

Average Weather for Anaheim, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

I agree as far as the crowds are concerned! I think the BB depends on what you want. The Ribs were AMAZING!!! never had anything better and I would do it again in a heart beat!! Totally worth the money to me. mind you that was probably a year ago and they do change chefs so. I would think a hoodie would be fine!
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Talking Re: Disney questions???

We are hoping that it wont be too busy on Vetran's Day this year because it falls on a wednesday. I'll be crossing my fingers. Thanks for all the tips. I'll be making reservations at the BB 60 days in advance so I can get my water front table!

When you make the res has no reflection on where your table will be. The best way to get the waterside table is to book it for 11:30 (or whatever time they open - just in case it changes), get there early and stand in line to check in. Do not walk away until you check in. That is the order they seat people. When you check in is when you can request a waterside table.
    My friend and I were probably the 5th (or so) table to check in when we did it last spring and we lucked out and got a waterside table.

Remember the Celebrate promo and use the free admission, gift card or special fast passes if you are actually going ON your birthday!
    Robin

• Banned User

I was looking at the menu for club 33 and WOW!!!!!! sounds good.

except....I skipped past the price...... $60 PER ENTREE??????? sounds like an "if you can afford to join, you can afford to eat there" type of thing. I hear the membership fees are a toothache as well.

Smile Re: Disney questions???

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to make a reservation for 11:30 and show up early. I really, really, really want to sit waterside. I will be going to BB on my birthday. Do you think my birthday button would help out in getting me one of the coveted waterside tables? We are picking up multi day park hopper passes before the trip, but I will be sure to go get my fun card. I love to shop, (just ask my husbands wallet, he he he) expecially at Disneyland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I was looking at the menu for club 33 and WOW!!!!!! sounds good.

except....I skipped past the price...... $60 PER ENTREE??????? sounds like an "if you can afford to join, you can afford to eat there" type of thing. I hear the membership fees are a toothache as well.
    It isn't exactly 60 per entree. It's more about when you dine there your admission is covered so your minimum charge is the cost of admission. (at least that is my understanding)

You want expensive/sticker shock? Victoria & Alberts at WDW is $125 per person - and even more if you want the premium items on the menu ($30 additional for Kobe Beef, for example). But, to us, the experience is worth it. It's not like we eat there all the time, but now that we have had the experience we will budget for DH and me to have that experience once each WDW trip.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy's #1 Gal View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to make a reservation for 11:30 and show up early. I really, really, really want to sit waterside. I will be going to BB on my birthday. Do you think my birthday button would help out in getting me one of the coveted waterside tables? We are picking up multi day park hopper passes before the trip, but I will be sure to go get my fun card. I love to shop, (just ask my husbands wallet, he he he) expecially at Disneyland!!!

It might. We had 4:00 reservations on my birthday in March, didn't even mention a waterside table and were sat there, I think, because they noticed it was my birthday from the birthday button. We noticed several parties seated along the water had birthday celebrations in their group.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?