Question getting the best deal for concierge

We're planning a 3 day 2 night trip sometime between September 28 and October 6th (not including weekends or Fridays). We have AP's and definitely want to stay on site. I want to try and get a good deal on the concierge upgrade. I looked on the Disneyland site and also called the reservation number. Either way the best deal is $189 a night at PPH. That's not a bad deal, but it's still $60 for concierge. I've read several times APer's getting it for only $40 or even $20. Is it better to upgrade to concierge when you check-in and maybe they'll give you a better quote? The lady on the phone said it's better to to it ahead of time. I was planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel, because it's usually only about $10 or $20 more then PPH. But when I looked it up, it was in the $400 a night range for the time I want to go, and I want to go in the off season! Anyone know why it's so expensive during that time this year? Uhh, I have so many questions. What do the numbers mean for the hotel offers, Like AP5 or AP7? And where can I find out about these offers, I didn't see anything like that on the Disneyland AP site. Is it better to book early like 3 months in advance, or should I wait until it's closer to the time I want to go, to see if there's going to be a better deal?

Re: getting the best deal for concierge

Ya i agree with you.
    Disneyland' is an American theme park in Anaheim, California, owned and operated by the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts division of The Walt Disney Company. I have been there one year ago it is the best place for enjoyment. I think The meaning of AP5 or AP7 is Hotel rates. 12.3. ET heard that the ICO's 'marker' hotel (London) would be ... their own travel using procurement cards.
    Have a wonderful journey.

If you go to the AP section of the website (where you actually log in, not just the info area for everyone), you'll see Special Offers. Click to see all of them, and look for "Disneyland Resort Hotels/Downtown Disney District Offers".

Click on "Learn More", and there you will see that, specifically, right now the plan AP8 is good through September 30, and to ask specifically for that rate when you call.

At some point they might extend AP8 again, or perhaps they will switch to AP9. Those rates are generally the closer-to-screaming good deals you can get...far and above the normal typical and usual 10% discount AP holders get on the Disney hotel rooms.

I haven't paid directly for concierge, but we did experience it using "incentive" DVC points. It was a nice experience! Stayed at DLH in the same tower as the concierge lounge (that doesnt' always happen)...nice to get coffees in the morning, snag some waters (the small size) to take to parks or the room, snacks of various kinds throughout the day, beer/wine at 5pm, desserts, fruit, etc. Nice time! I hear that actually PPH is better than DLH concierge, and of course GCH is probably going to be the most impressive. If money is an issue and it's just you and perhaps another adult, I might skip it if you can't get a terrific rate. If it's a bigger family on this trip, and they eat lots of snacks like that...then it gets to be much more worth it...$60 over the normal room rate vs buying waters and snacks, fruit, beer/wine, goldfish crackers, bagels and cream cheese, sodas if you drink those, etc etc etc...you can see that with more than just a couple, it becomes a relative bargain at 60/day.

Good luck with your decision!

Followup...I was looking at your dates...DLH concierge is 441 right now on those early dates...GCH concierge is 389! Crazy pricing right now for that time!!!!!

Also, right now, I see that the Oct dates at PPH are 306/night concierge. Hope you booked already!

That said, as I mentioned, Oct isn't under the AP8 or whatever other number deal yet. Maybe it will be, maybe not. But right now it's definitely not.

Thanks for the reply's! This will help.
    Yeah, it's strange how DLH is extremely high in price during those dates. Not sure if it has something to do with the construction that will be going on. I'm going to book asap. The only thing that is really frustrating is I've been reading around that PPH concierge lounge closes at 8:00. Two hours before DLH lounge closes, and that's right when Disneyland closes. It would be nice to have the lounge to go to when the park closes. But now if we want to enjoy it in the evening we have to plan to leave Disneyland early. I wonder why they would disadvantage the quests like that, ecspecially if we're paying extra for it.

October rates are strange, and they haven't put out any special AP rates either. It's possible it's because of the special and new Halloweentime things they are doing this year.

I haven't ever heard that about PPH. I would probably call them directly at the hotel to talk to the concierge people and find out.