Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 6568196103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1740

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney's big problem is that too many of its visitors are driving to the parks alone. They're annual passholders dropping in for the day, perhaps meeting other APers at the park.
    See, CA? It's not just me banging that old record on a drum.

oh, look, you forgot this part:

Option 2: Restrict the parking benefit on Annual Passports to cars carrying two or more guests
    If Disney really wants to get serious about increasing the ratio of guests to cars on property, this is the step to take, despite the wailing it'd provoke on Disney fan sites.
    Got someone with you in the car? Fine, you get your free parking. Driving in by yourself? That'll be $15, please, no matter if you have a Premium AP or a parking add-on on another pass. If Disney wants to add a spoonful of sugar to help that medicine go down, it could offer free parking to any annual passholder with four or more people in a vehicle, even if they haven't bought the parking pass.
    This move would encourage some Disneyland fans to carpool to the park, and might encourage some others to visit less often or to drop their annual pass. Either way, the visitor-to-car ratio would go up, as Disneyland needs. Got any other ideas? I'm sure that some frustrated Disney executives in Anaheim and Burbank would love to hear 'em.
    More ideas:
    1. Drop the annual parking pass. There. Now people who want to go often will have to double- or triple-up in their cars. TDA could then drop the daily parking price, and still make more money. The only reason it's so expensive daily is because of the low revenue brought in by the Annual Parking Pass Program. Maybe offer a discount for AP'ers. Buck or two off.
    2. Drop the AP Program. Solve every single problem.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Reducing demand for the parks isn't the answer, adding supply to parking and providing alternatives to get to the resort will allow them to use precious real estate and resources for more tangible developments: Hotels/Restaurants/Retail/Entertainment and a third theme park, in place of more clones of STICKY AND FRIENDS.

• Rock Star Minion

It is merely making guests pay what the park is worth, and not letting one group pay far too much while another skates by on as little as a few dollars per visit.

It's only fair.
    In Economics, it's called "movement along the demand curve" when all one does is raise the average price. The result should be, all things equal, lower attendance.
    An example of lowering demand would be, say, lowering the quality of the park.

Face it, a day at Disneyland is worth about $50. Maybe $75 for both parks. Now, to some, a summer day would be worth more, since those folks can only go in the summer. For me, it's not. I can go any time. (Well, not anymore. It will actually cost me to go now.)

Spending more money to build Stickeys won't result in a great return, as long as a majority of parkers and guests are entering at an average of $30/visit.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We're not going to hijack another thread debating the merits of the AP program.

I definitely will like that. I occaisionally combine an Angels game with a visit to Disney.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Rock Star Minion

We're not going to hijack another thread debating the merits of the AP program.
    Let's not and say we did.

The other option, that I just read now, is his proposal to bring the Disney's Magical Express bus. I guess he doesn't know about the Disneyland Express bus that already exists. Sure, it's not 24 hours a day, sure, it costs some money. I'm guessing the writer is east-coast-based. His bio includes his stint as a CM in Florida. The Disneyland stuff he writes about seems a rehash of Al's and other MiceAge updates.
    He should simply link the updates and not write any more about anything out here.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Let's not and say we did.

The other option, that I just read now, is his proposal to bring the Disney's Magical Express bus. I guess he doesn't know about the Disneyland Express bus that already exists. Sure, it's not 24 hours a day, sure, it costs some money. I'm guessing the writer is east-coast-based. His bio includes his stint as a CM in Florida. The Disneyland stuff he writes about seems a rehash of Al's and other MiceAge updates.
    He should simply link the updates and not write any more about anything out here.
    That DME ideal was stupid. While it's great as a perk to those flying in, in practice the idea won't work for anything else. DLR has 3 hotels not 20+ with more rooms. The economy of scale is way different. Giving the small number of visitors staying in hotels a free ride still doesn't help the roads nearby, they aren't driving those roads every morning and evening.

DLR also has one big freeway problem, Ball Road. This is a big dilemma for us traveling south to the parks, because Katella isn't that good either. But the Carpool lane onto Disney Way moves just fine. It's easy to park in Toy Story. Pumba when it's open. And the Gene Autry exit is just going to make things easier for carpools too.

I think ARC is a good answer as if transit from ARTIC or the current station appears to get you to the parks. Then Metrolink will have demand to run some weekend trains to Anaheim specifically. It's similar to Angel's Trains but they can easily walk to the stadium, it just needs to be easy to get from the train to the park.

Metrolink has ridership around 40K and if you get just 10% of DLR guests that would match somewhere around 10% to 20% of Metrolink's traffic. That would be a big gain for Metrolink.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Great post. Some day HSR will get you from ARTIC at the end of ARC to LA Union Station in under 10 minutes.

• Under that tree again!

Disney buying the Anaheim RV Resort is a big deal.

This will allow Disney to shift a season of CM parking off of Pumba. That way Pumba is empty and free to build a garage on.

Pumba has Disney Way to absorb northbound traffic while Mickey and Friends is made to absorb southbound traffic. If we use these parking areas as intended, things will run a lot more smoothly.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

My biggest problem with taking Metrolink to Disney is that I have to leave when my day is about half done; I have to leave the park by about 5:30pm to make it to Union Station for the 7:00pm train coming home. If I could get home later at night, I'd prefer to take the train and avoid driving.

But nothing runs later in the evening. There's an "Amtrak bus" but it's awful. And still not very late at night.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Rock Star Minion

I like the Expo extension via Venice Blvd. I think I proposed that here once or twice. Maybe I preferred Culver to LAX, though.

I think the author would simply prefer no cars in Venice. Just put a bunch of parking structures around it for those who are visiting and a bunch of limited access gates for those who live there and for the buses or trolleys from the parking structures to the beaches.
    There. traffic problem solved. In Venice.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Haha, no the EXPO line is going to end at Bergamot Village near the Santa Monica Pier.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Rock Star Minion

Here's the presentation:

http://www.bobhopeairport.com/images...inal_2%204.pdf

Nothing in there about the HSR stopping inside or nearby.
    I suggest building a HSR-usable tunnel first thing. Easier than tunneling later.