Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567142954104 ... LastLast

Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Can you use Google Maps instead, so that people outside your region can see your custom maps?

For some reason MicroSoft have decided that only people near you can see your efforts. 8P
    well, i don't have a google account and it isn't even my idea. But you can still very easily go to the pdf that sediment uploaded and look at those maps. sediment describes his route above.

personally, I have a different route in mind ...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    Bring it!

• Rock Star Minion

well, i don't have a google account and it isn't even my idea. But you can still very easily go to the pdf that sediment uploaded and look at those maps. sediment describes his route above.

Is it one that follows the Metrolink tracks to the power lines, then follows the power lines to Harbor?
    If so, that one seems to have been rejected. I don't recall where I read that. Might be in that master plan somewhere.
    It seems perfect, as the rights of way are already there. No major buildings to raze, etc.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I vote for that one.

• Rock Star Minion

Then, there is that story about Harbor Blvd being an emergency runway for small(?) planes, so no overpasses allowed.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Then, there is that story about Harbor Blvd being an emergency runway for small(?) planes, so no overpasses allowed.
    Nice story, pity about all the overhead obstructions that render it absolute fantasy.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

O.C. transit agency to reduce bus services

September 12, 2009
    Citing a decline in state transit funding and sales tax revenue, the Orange County Transit Authority on Sunday will reduce service on about 30 bus routes countywide.

Routes affected by the reduction in service are listed on OCTA’s website. Schedules supplied on buses and in racks at stops throughout the county will also reflect the changes, according to the agency’s website.

The changes will vary from route to route, said Joel Zlotnik, media relations manager for the OCTA. Working with a reduced budget for bus operations, transit officials chose to cut the hours that the buses were on the road and eliminate the first or last stop of some routes.

“The goal was to reduce the service that’s necessary [to meet their budget] and try to minimize the impact to the customers,” Zlotnik said.

The Orange County Transportation Authority, founded in 1991, is a rail, bus, toll road and paratransit transportation agency serving Orange County. For further information about the service changes, customers can call (714) 636-7433.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Another delay pushes Expo Line opening to late 2011

A September report projects a 50-week delay in opening the 8.6-mile light-rail system from downtown L.A. to Culver City. The project is about half finished.

Another delay pushes Expo Line opening to late 2011 -- latimes.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Funding for the 405 Freeway carpool lane and improvements at the 101/23 Freeway interchange are among a $625 billion in "IMBY" - "In My Back Yard" - projects unveiled today by Mobility 21, a coalition of Southern California transportation leaders.

Officials hope the $625 billion will come from the federal government as part of a six-year transportation funding bill Congress is developing, the coalition said in a statement, which described "IMBY" the list of projects as "must do" solutions to the region's transportation issues.
    Also on the wish list is the first phase of a proposed 800-mile, high-speed train line between Anaheim and Union Station in downtown Los Angeles; and a project to extend the Metro Rail to L.A's Westside.
    List of 21 must-do transportation projects unveiled - LA Daily News

• Rock Star Minion

OK, The 101 - The 23 The Interchange (to go "the"-happy) is IMBY, so here's the problem:
    The 101 West's Lane 4 becomes an Exit-Only lane for Moorpark Road. From the Rancho Rd overpass to Moorpark Road, it: merges with Rancho Rd onramp; and receives one lane (that has merged from two) transitioned from The 23 South. This causes back-ups on weekend afternoons, though I'm not sure where anyone is going.
    Solutions, some of which can be combined:
    a) Flyover a lane from The 23 South to Lane 1 of The 101 North, and leave a lane for Moorpark Rd exit.
    b) Separate Moorpark Rd exit from The 101 North before the merging of The 23. Say, just before the Rancho Rd overpass. Then fly over The 23's transition to The 101 North. (Note: not over the transition to The 101 South.)
    c) Rancho Rd to The 101 North onramp on Lane 1 side
    d) Drop to three lanes at Lynn Rd exit instead of Moorpark Rd (or after Conejo Grade).

b) and c) are probably better combined than on their own.

What's missing: Extension of The 710 Freeway to The 210 Freeway, reducing A LOT of congestion by providing a north-south alternative to driving through downtown.
    Green Line Extension to LAX. This is more of an LAX improvement, but since it helps solve transportation issues by getting people where they already go, then "Mobility 21" should push for it as well.

I approve of:
    1. Gold Line Extension in San Gabriel Valley.
    2. Crenshaw Line, as long as it makes it to LAX, or to whatever hub will be built to get LAX patrons from public transportation to the gates. Looks like it's making it only to the Green Line.
    3. "Regional Connector," which connects Metro Blue Line to Metro Gold Line in Little Tokyo. Probably best if underground, though. That means money. Lots of money.
    Last edited by sediment; 09-21-2009 at 01:18 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Same story, different paper.
    I agree with one of the comments that there are too many exits and entrances. Every two miles might have been better than every one mile. (Or, more off-ramps than on-ramps.)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I've ventured into this thread and the first one before. I'm really interested in this stuff as well.

Do you know of any recent news on the Anaheim Fixed Guideway plans?
    Anaheim considering Monorail to Disneyland Resort

When / Where can we get an update to this question? It's the final piece of the puzzle, from the DLR perspective.

Now ORANGE and LOS ANGELES counties need rail lines to the various destinations visitors want to go.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

RREEF, the publishing arm of Institutional Real Estate, Inc., analyzed economic trends over the next five years and concluded that high gasoline prices, rising inflation and a declining dollar would lead to major behavioral changes that don’t bode well for suburban parts of O.C. Among the changes:
    “Long distance commutes have become costly, particularly for lower and mid-level employees. A short automotive commute, a commute by public transport, and even a walking or bicycling commute has become more appealing. Thus, demand will increase for residential locations with good access to employment centers and will decrease for peripheral suburban bedroom communities that are poorly served by transit.”
    Experts already have suggested that a tight rental market in North County may not just be due to cheaper apartments, but may also be evidence of people migrating closer to public transit and jobs in Los Angeles.
    http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2...e-good-bye-oc/

• Rock Star Minion

There is an ARTIC Public Scoping Meeting Wednesday October 14.
    No idea what that means. Looking for a web page with the details, as I received an e-mail about it (silly me for sending a question and getting on a mailing list).

OK, here:
    http://www.octa.net/pdf/ARTICmeetingmailer.pdf