Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 173239404142434445526792 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that they are bringing it back. I wonder what the rationale was for closing it down.
    See "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Agreed. Westchester needs to maximize the ridership of its citizens on Crenshaw Line by reconfiguring its bus routes around the ONE Westchester stop.

No problem. I don't want people to look through all this futurama stuff to find the current information. It's all (that I know) in Post #5.
    Well, I'll certainly be examing your post in order to better understand the routing, etc.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    See "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1iiicXLhQ&feature=related]YouTube - Roger Rabbit Spits Out Bees With Disney Character Faces[/ame]

Alrighty. I'm checking. What's to "bee" learned here?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Suspended

I'm sure CA is referring to the theory that GM, tire companies, and oil companies conspired to get rid of many cities' light rail transits to hook the citizens on cars and buses.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Well, I'll certainly be examing your post in order to better understand the routing, etc.
    Not sure what "routing" you speak of. Post #5 attempts to gather all the current transportation options to the DLr. If I've missed anything, feel free to clue me in.
    I should add the greyhound bus web site link, for example. I've noticed they have some overnight routes from Las Vegas that take about half the time of a daytime trip, because the daytime ones stop everywhere. The overnight ones go straight to downtown LA in about 5 hours.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I'm sure CA is referring to the theory that GM, tire companies, and oil companies conspired to get rid of many cities' light rail transits to hook the citizens on cars and buses.
    Bingo!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Post Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

High Speed Rail Authority To Request $1B In Funds

The California High-Speed Rail Authority announced Friday that it will request up to $1 billion in federal funding for the state's $45 billion rail project in an application to be submitted this week.

In January, California's high-speed rail project received a one-time grant of $2.25 billion, which represented the largest share of $8 billion in federal stimulus money to develop a nationwide network of high-speed trains.

Applications are due Friday, Aug. 6 for this round of funding, during which the U.S. Department of Transportation will dole out an additional $2.3 billion to state projects.

The funds would support sections of the 800-mile network that were already awarded stimulus funding, including Merced to Fresno; Fresno to Bakersfield; Los Angeles to Anaheim; and San Francisco to San Jose.
    High Speed Rail Authority To Request $1B In Funds - cbs5.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Post Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

· Whittier Route Gets Support in Light-Rail Talks [WDN]
    · Eastside Transit Corridor Phase II [Metro]

Metro is currently deciding where to extend the East LA extension of the Gold Line. I like the Whittier option. http://www.metro.net/projects_studie...tside2_Eng.pdf

Whittier is on the way to Anaheim, isn't it? Maybe OCTA could eventually build a line to connect to the Gold Line, or pay for MTA to extend service into the OC?

Whittier Winning More Fans in Eastside Light Rail Race

Metro is trying to decide whether to take the route on a straight shot east along the 60 Freeway around South El Monte, or for the line to curve southward toward Pico Riviera and Whittier along Washington Boulevard. The Whittier Daily News reports that the second option is gaining more proponents, with Washington Boulevard receiving 348 positive comments, while the freeway route was given 111.
    Curbed LA : The Los Angeles Neighborhoods and Real Estate Blog : Page 2

• Suspended

Whittier is not that close to DL.
    They'd have to stretch it to intersection of Harbor and Whittier Blvd. Then, maybe, get something straight south on Harbor.

There appears to be a RoW along Lambert Road. This RoW hooks up with tracks that go to Fullerton Station, and on to Anaheim.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

New transit hub for Bob Hope Airport moves forward [GNP]

A large $120-million transit center that would combine bus, train and rental car traffic into one hub at Bob Hope Airport took a step closer to reality Tuesday after the Burbank City Council voted 4 to 1 to settle a number of land-use issues.

The council asked officials to come back with more fine-tuned landscaping proposals and a tighter agreement requiring that the land be used only for a transit center. Airport representatives said it represented a major step forward for the massive project.

"This is significant because we are now entitled to move forward with this project, and that's huge," airport spokesman Victor Gill said.
    Californians want high-speed, but have reservations, according to poll [Mercury News]

• Suspended

I was hoping for some maps or drawings. No idea where this "hub" is, exactly.
    I EXPECT it to be on Northeast quadrant, relative to runways, along with the new terminal (because the old one is too close). Then, with more parking where the old terminal used to be, then a set driverless shuttles go back and forth underground from Metrolink Ventura Line Burbank Airport station to Metrolink Santa Clarita proposed new Station. (Underground due to going under the east-west runway). Maybe half-underground.

From somewhere else, two weeks ago:
    http://articles.burbankleader.com/20...w-terminal-hub
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhere else
    While the transit center's decision may relate to attracting high-speed rail development, Victor Gill, a spokesman for the Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority, said building it would leave in place existing agreements that prohibit increased flight traffic and construction of a new terminal through 2015.
    Bummer.
    Looks like it's at Empire and Hollywood Way. That big empty lot on the NE corner, or the big parking lot on airport grounds on NW corner?

Here's a 2meg pdf with pictures and maps.
    http://www.burbankairport.com/images...ionsforweb.pdf

Ah: this pdf shows NW corner of Hollywood way and Empire Blvd. Looks like it extends the current train station a bit eastward closer to Hollywood Way.

Here's a web page with just about everything about this proposed center:
    http://www.burbankairport.com/ritc-project
    Last edited by sediment; 08-02-2010 at 02:23 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It looks like they don't know what they're doing.

This wouldn't be on the HSR alignment. ???

• Suspended

It looks like they don't know what they're doing.

This wouldn't be on the HSR alignment. ???
    Your link said something about Hollywood Way and San Fernando Road.
    Might need both. I envision the whole west side of Hollywood Way, excluding the runways, as terminals and intermodal stuff. In this new vision, the driverless rail shuttle (again, think Seattle or Denver) is tunneled underground but EAST of the runways (under Hollywood Way, perhaps), so they won't have to be closed for tunneling reasons. Aywho, that shuttle will run all the way to HSR. In 2030, maybe.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We really need to plan something worthy of the name Bob Hope.

Otherwise there's no hope.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Ontario Intl Airport News

Mayor Villaraigosa is not interested in ceding LA/Ontario International Airport to the Ontarians, the Daily Bulletin reports. Despite the LA City Council's vote in May to look into selling the recession-weakened airport, the executive director of Los Angeles World Airports says "This may not be the best time to sell an asset like that...So we haven't looked at that option."
    Curbed LA : The Los Angeles Neighborhoods and Real Estate Blog
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 08-03-2010 at 03:11 PM.