Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

George is going to need to shepherd that relationship through some important projects ahead like the big California High Speed Rail station in Anaheim, the plans for an elevated peoplemover system from that new station to Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center, and ongoing planning headaches with Caltrans and the city over the need for more parking, better traffic management, and ever more resort expansion. And lucky for George, his new three year contract will also have plenty of glamorous grand openings for him to attend with a Billion dollars worth of new attractions coming to DCA.
    MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

So Al's saying maybe Mass Transit will come to the Disneyland Resort within the next 3 years?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

So Al's saying maybe Mass Transit will come to the Disneyland Resort within the next 3 years?
    Moving projects ahead <> finished.
    And this proposed Peoplemover better move faster than 3mph, or whatever the DL one used to run at. That would be about 30 minutes at that rate.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I don't think it will be the kind of PeopleMover we had in Tomorrowland. I think it's going to be more of an elevated light rail car or trolley.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I wonder why Irvine was chosen? only place they could get enough parking spots, perhaps? Maybe it's a center of employee residence? I know plenty of employees take the Van Nuys Flyaway to work every day.
    I just hope they'll do a Flyaway from ARTIC to LAX when the complex opens.

The first FlyAway bus service from Orange County to LAX is expected to begin Nov. 16 at a cost of $25 each way, L.A. airport officials said.

The popular bus service -- which already connects the airport to several spots in Los Angeles County -- will operate out of Irvine by Coach America Los Angeles.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ge-county.html

• Rock Star Minion

$25 seems like a lot.
    It is Irvine, though.
    And the parking rates at LAX are pretty bad.
    Two people at $100 for a five-day trip > parking at "The Spot" for five days. Plus the flexibility of time when driving.
    Minus the having-to-drive.
    Disneyland Express costs how much $16 each way? Someone in Irvine area could get a ride to DL, perhaps. Or, just to Green Line terminus, and catch a shuttle at closest LAX stop.
    Having friends is a cheap alternative.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In a perfect world, I like being able to get from A to B without my own car, at the time I want to go, at a lower cost than driving.

The way it is in Japan and Europe.

• Rock Star Minion

How about extending The Green Line?
    A few possibilities from current terminus:
    1a. Turn north to Imperial, East on Imperial, Southeast along rail right-of way next to Firestone Blvd.
    1b. Straight East, tunneling half-mile to same right-of way.
    Right-of-way then parallels The 5 until Lincoln and Broadway. Then it travels straight south between Gilbuck Drive and Hampstead Street.
    Can turn east through Poinciana Park (high-power wires and towers). Stop at the southwest-most parking lots (don't recall names -- Buzz?), PeopleMover to the entrances (all on Disney-owned property, more control, less government interference).
    Green line could keep going, East down Katella to ARTIC.

2. Straight South, before the current terminus. Means building a stop West of The 605.
    Follow the wash/creek/river down The 91. Turn Southeast along right-f-way, all the way to Beach Blvd. Turn East along right of way (and high-power wires and towers) through Poinciana Park, ending same as above.

• Rock Star Minion

FYI: I have appended specific OCTA bus info to Post #5.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Westside subway project is reaffirmed
    MTA also lists a downtown Los Angeles rail connector as a top funding priority.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-westside-subway23-2009oct23,0,4711877.story

L.A. County officials approved a long-range transportation plan Thursday, reaffirming the Westside subway and a rail connection through downtown L.A. as top priorities for federal funding.

The vote by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority board marks a victory for backers of the Westside subway, who are hoping to fast-track the project so that it is finished in as few as 10 years.

But the plan also affirmed several other major rail and road projects, notably proposed lines in the San Gabriel Valley and South L.A.

The document outlines how the agency will spend an estimated $300 billion over the next 30 years.

The plan calls for a significant increase in rail lines around the county and the widening of freeways. Many of the projects still require significant funding, much of which would have to come from the federal government or partners in the private sector. But the projects have a fighting chance because voters approved a sales-tax increase last year to support transportation.

"It's a historic vote at a historic time for transportation planning in Los Angeles County," said Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky.

Transportation for Disneyland usually sucks lol

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has his way, Los Angeles County is about to embark on a commuter rail building boom the likes of which the region has never seen.

On Friday, the mayor will unveil an ambitious but politically risky transportation plan that fast-tracks several high-profile rail projects to be completed within the next decade. That’s a big speed-up because officials have generally been talking about completing them within 30 years.

Villaraigosa has made building more rail a top priority of his administration — though he’s the first to admit it’s going to take more than speeches and good intentions to get it done.
    Villaraigosa has bullish plan for rail transit projects | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

• Rock Star Minion

That yellow dotted line in the map should go straight to LAX.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The yellow line is the 2nd phase of the Downtown LA to Santa Monica "Expo line". They own the right of way to run it around the northern route shown, but people are pushing them to keep it out of residential areas and to go down Venice and up Sepuveda to Olympic instead. It's an East West line, not meant to reach LAX but the beach.

The orange colored line will go from the Expo line to LAX, through Inglewood, it's a north south line, also primarily along a former railroad row. It may go as far north as the Wilshire subway, but you will have to transfer to it from either of the East West lines.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The yellow line is the 2nd phase of the Downtown LA to Santa Monica "Expo line". They own the right of way to run it around the northern route shown, but people are pushing them to keep it out of residential areas and to go down Venice and up Sepuveda to Olympic instead. It's an East West line, not meant to reach LAX but the beach.

The orange colored line will go from the Expo line to LAX, through Inglewood, it's a north south line, also primarily along a former railroad row. It may go as far north as the Wilshire subway, but you will have to transfer to it from either of the East West lines.
    I understand that, but the subway is supposed to go to the beach. That should be plenty.
    Meanwhile, 168,000 passengers per day (average) fly in or out of LAX. Some both, so they don't contribute to traffic, but I'd like to see a lot more handled by mass transit.

The Orange one, the mysterious Crenshaw Line, I see that it gets pretty close to LAX. Century and Aviation, I think.
    http://la.curbed.com/uploads/2009_08_crenshaw.jpg

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Agreed. I'm just saying there are no plans to deviate the yellow dotted line south towards LAX.

Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast