Page 71 of 116 FirstFirst ... 214661686970717273748196 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1740

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

Promised CA we'd keep up on the news....
    http://la.curbed.com/archives/2011/0...ket_bridge.php
    Seems there are some overnight closures planned for The 210. No dates yet...

Gold Line Foothill Extension Gets Act, Monrovia Land Deal Together - Gold Line Foothill Extension - Curbed LA
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Let's see, what else is going on.....

Hey, we're better than NYC!!
    Los Angeles Public Transit Access Top Among Major Metropolitan Areas, Besting Even New York
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Let's see, what else is going on.....

Hey, we're better than NYC!!
    Los Angeles Public Transit Access Top Among Major Metropolitan Areas, Besting Even New York
    It's not all that proud of an accomplishment considering the bar is set so low, but the few times I've had to ride our bus system it isn't nearly as horrid as it could be.

No "Taking of Pelham 123" style multi-perp robbery/hijackings, just the usual "California Granola" - an assortment of nuts and flakes...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Rock Star Minion

Tell you what, though: I tried watching that new "123" movie. Nothing on the original. Travolta's character makes it suck (though I'll blame the writing and directing more).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

First, "Pelham 1 2 3", the original, is one of my favorite classic movies, I remember it was the first non-kids movie that I watched together with my Dad when I was a kid, and it's still as good, because I watched it again a year ago.

Second, I can report from Paris that I'm starting to get used to the subway system. The problem is that there are just too many of them to choose from.

PS Thanks for keeping the thread alive and I'll check in from time to time, even if I can't really tell you guys what's going on 6,000 miles away from my new home.

• Rock Star Minion

Ah, Bon Soir mon ami!!

(That's the extent of mon Français.)

So, how's the Mass Transit to the Disneyland Paris Resort? I hear it's much better, there's a rail stop within an easy walk of the front gates.

One thing that Europe might be behind is in Accessibility, since they don't have anything like the ADA AFAICT.

Here you can take Amtrak or Metrolink into Fullerton or Anaheim, but that "last mile" gap is a pain - bus, shuttle, taxi.

--<< Bruce >>--

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    So, how's the Mass Transit to the Disneyland Paris Resort? I hear it's much better, there's a rail stop within an easy walk of the front gates.

One thing that Europe might be behind is in Accessibility, since they don't have anything like the ADA AFAICT.

Here you can take Amtrak or Metrolink into Fullerton or Anaheim, but that "last mile" gap is a pain - bus, shuttle, taxi.

--<< Bruce >>--
    It's not bad at all. The express shuttle from Anaheim Station waits until trains arrive and deposits passengers at the pedestrian entrance just off Harbor Boulevard and at the Disneyland Hotel.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's about 200 meters from the train station (high speed rail or 'Metrolink' called RER) to the ticket booths. Try and beat that! In fact, that was the genesis of this thread! To equalize things.

Metrolink is introducing a "quiet car" on all weekday trains.

The second car from the locomotive will be designated for those passengers who prefer not to talk or to socialize.

Quiet car - interesting. I wonder if it will be posted as such; I'm likely to forget when riding Metrolink. I'd hate to invade the quiet!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Quiet car - interesting. I wonder if it will be posted as such; I'm likely to forget when riding Metrolink. I'd hate to invade the quiet!
    Oh don't you worry about that - the other riders will remind you. Rather loudly if you don't take the hint the first time.

In return, they should make the noisiest first car (right behind the Engine) the "Rehearsal and Jam Session Hall" - You bring the guitar or other instruments, they provide the amps.

(A Stratocaster or an Alto Sax you can carry in a bag, a Marshall Amp Stack isn't quite so portable...)

--<< Bruce >>--

Oh, I know the passengers would remind me, I don't want to get in that car by mistake! So I'd like a sign so I remember.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Rock Star Minion

Quiet cars are utilized on the East Coast. Only a matter of time for us....

I found the front area of the very first car (pre-Glendale crash) going toward LA very dark and very relaxing, save for the occasional whistle (that's what the relaxing music on headphones is for). The driver needs it dark so there is less glare.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hey I've encountered many accordian players and other amateur entertainers who hop on board the metro in Paris and play for tips. And quite a few stations where there are musicians playing solo. It really adds to the Paris vibe they have going here.