Page 88 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3863788586878889909198113 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1740

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

WSA is having local issues getting all the way to the SARTC. If it gets there, I don't see why it shouldn't simply turn north to ARTIC along the ROW.

Or, in Stanton, a spur could be created along the SC Electric right of way, straight to the DLr, and on through to ARTIC.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

To visualize Anaheim with 3 parks, I suggest you look at this cool map made by RandySavage

Ideal Buildout: Anaheim 3rd Gate - Feasibility Study

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yes, that's # 19.

Plus #20 and #25 sound interesting, I have to admit, I'm not familiar with all 40 projects.

Here Are SoCal's 40 Planned Transportation Projects - The Commute - Curbed LA
    #20 sounds interesting for two reasons. It would make it more convenient for those from the Santa Ana area to travel to DLR, plus this means less traffic from that are. Also, this would make faster and more convenient my ability to travel from DLR to the horse races in Santa Ana.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Rock Star Minion

TAP cards are pretty sweet. Better than paper (like I used it use on The BART). Lots of paper saved. Add more money to it whenever you want (well, at the stations, I mean). Just have to get one in the first place. I have two, in case a friend/relative needs one. No need for him/her to buy a new one for a one-time ride.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

To visualize Anaheim with 3 parks, I suggest you look at this cool map made by RandySavage

Ideal Buildout: Anaheim 3rd Gate - Feasibility Study
    I wonder what would happen if Disney made something similar to these plans without knowing these existed?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    TAP cards are pretty sweet. Better than paper (like I used it use on The BART). Lots of paper saved. Add more money to it whenever you want (well, at the stations, I mean). Just have to get one in the first place. I have two, in case a friend/relative needs one. No need for him/her to buy a new one for a one-time ride.
    Except if you want to use a DAY PASS you have to buy it the day of. You can't pre load $20 and use it as 4 day passes. I got tired of stopping every morning at the kiosk, when you know you might miss that train.

I wish they still had the option of using paper day-passes. I'm an occasional rider, and I now have three TAP cards, due to forgetting that I need one. And having to buy another one. I try to remember them, but it's one of those details that I do sometimes forget. I suspect they work nicely for those who ride all the time, but I thought those people would have already bought them.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Rock Star Minion

Except if you want to use a DAY PASS you have to buy it the day of. You can't pre load $20 and use it as 4 day passes. I got tired of stopping every morning at the kiosk, when you know you might miss that train.
    Yeah, that is a bit of a bummer.
    The TAP card's account should simply stop subtracting for the day after $5.00 has been credited (debited?).

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I wish they still had the option of using paper day-passes. I'm an occasional rider, and I now have three TAP cards, due to forgetting that I need one. And having to buy another one. I try to remember them, but it's one of those details that I do sometimes forget. I suspect they work nicely for those who ride all the time, but I thought those people would have already bought them.
    You should carry one at all times, if it's going to be somewhat random that you'll need it.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Yeah, that is a bit of a bummer.
    The TAP card's account should simply stop subtracting for the day after $5.00 has been credited (debited?).
    That idea has occurred to me, which would be great if you take a third bus or train.

Or if you could double click it to turn a swipe into a day pass....

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'm glad they're building more bike lanes and doing a huge promotion for bike safety:

Every lane is a bike lane

I've thought about keeping it on me, but I like having a thinner wallet. I take out all the things that I don't use all the time, only take them with me when I will need them.

It was easier when I could buy a paper day-pass and toss it in the recycle bin at the end of the day. I didn't have to choose between carrying everything I might someday need, or the inconvenience of not having things.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

PURPLE LINE EXT. NEWS:

The Century City Center project is moving along again--it was approved in 2006 as a two-condo-tower-plus-office-building, then switcharooed in 2011 to a single office tower. JMB is developing the site and Johnson Fain designed the 37-story tower. The plans also include one- and two-stories of adjacent creative office space, a transit plaza, and mobility hub all at the corner of Constellation and Avenue of the Stars. Which, coincidentally, is the same corner where Metro wants to put the Century City station for the Purple Line subway extension.
    Century City Center Planning All Kinds of Purple Line Goodies - Transit-Oriented Development - Curbed LA