Few Questions - 1st Time to Disneyland

Well, I will be taking my first ever visit to Disneyland in September.. but I had a few questions, I was hoping someone Dis-Smart could answer them for me.

1. If you stay in a Disneyland Hotel, how exactly does the "Early Entry" work?

2. Is it worth the price to stay in a Disneyland Hotel over a "Good Neighbor", Hotel?

3. The Haunted Mansion doesn't have a Fastpass, but Haunted Mansion Holiday reportably does, can you confirm?

4. What are some good restraunts to eat in?

5. Is the meal plan worth it?

6. Is 3-Days enough to see both California Adventure and Disneyland?

7. What are the must-see attractions?

If you can answer these questions, thanks, if not, thanks for looking.

~Wings

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Few Questions - 1st Time to Disneyland

1. If you stay in a Disneyland Hotel, how exactly does the "Early Entry" work? Don't know

2. Is it worth the price to stay in a Disneyland Hotel over a "Good Neighbor", Hotel? Don't know

3. The Haunted Mansion doesn't have a Fastpass, but Haunted Mansion Holiday reportably does, can you confirm? It does.

Inside DL/DCA/DTD? Nothing. On Harbor or Gardenwalk? Many.
    5. Is the meal plan worth it? Yes at WDW. No at DL.

6. Is 3-Days enough to see both California Adventure and Disneyland? Pretty much yes. No more than 4.

7. What are the must-see attractions? HM, POTC, SM, TOT, Soarin'.

1. If you stay in a Disneyland Hotel, how exactly does the "Early Entry" work? Sorry, but I have never heard about the Early Entry part.

2. Is it worth the price to stay in a Disneyland Hotel over a "Good Neighbor", Hotel? I'm sure it would be worth the price, since you would be sleeping in a landmark hotel, and you get to see the outside views of the parks, and it's just a wonderful experience.

3. The Haunted Mansion doesn't have a Fastpass, but Haunted Mansion Holiday reportably does, can you confirm? I remember seeing the Haunted Mansion Holiday Fastpass area open last year.

4. What are some good restraunts to eat in? The Blue Bayou, The Plaza Inn, and the Cafe Orleans.

5. Is the meal plan worth it? Sure, depending on what you get.

6. Is 3-Days enough to see both California Adventure and Disneyland? Yes, actually more than enough.

7. What are the must-see attractions? The must-see attractions for me are Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain.

Hope this helped.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Early entry allows guests staying on-site (in a Disney hotel) to enter DL before regular opening hours. So that gives you an hour or two of time when the crowds are extremely light.
    It is a lot of fun to stay in an on-site property, but whether it's 'worth it' or not only you can decide.

The fun you'll have!
    No place like it in the world.

Any Disney fan I think would truely call it a second home, if not first. lol

For thrills, you NEED:
    Disneyland
    Space Mountain
    Star Tours
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Indiana Jones
    Matterhorn, if you can handle bumpy. lol

and others, PIRATES and HAUNTED MANSION

SO MANY! AHHH. I want to say GO ON ALL OF THEM!
    -"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

=Wings;1055502558]Well, I will be taking my first ever visit to Disneyland in September.. but I had a few questions, I was hoping someone Dis-Smart could answer them for me.

Magic morning (Formerly Early entry) is always on Saturday,Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. So if your Disney property stay spans these days then you may take part in all of them. To where if you are staying off site, you might have one MM depending upon your ticket and the day to which you will be visiting.
    MM allows you to enter a designated theme park one hour early (One hour before the park officially opens)

2. Is it worth the price to stay in a Disneyland Hotel over a "Good Neighbor", Hotel?

This question is of a value judgment nature. So therefore is best answered by one's budget and sense and reasoning of monetary value.

3. The Haunted Mansion doesn't have a Fast pass, but Haunted Mansion Holiday reportably does, can you confirm?

Yes, HMH does have FP.

The Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, the Plaza Inn amongst others in Dl.
    White Water Snacks always receives rave reviews too. That is located in the Grand Californian Hotel. (Disney property)

Here is a good link for complete menu listings if you should so desire to peruse it at your leisure: Disney Menus

Again, another value judgment, for it is for some park visitors while it is not for others. You just really need to figure your budget and dining preferences.

It can be, if you have a good touring plan.

I highly recommend POTC, The HM, Indy, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, and The Matterhorn. In the end, you cannot go wrong with whatever rides you may choose. The above are my personal favorites, especially POTC and The HM.

Do visit Jose and his wonderfully appointed and most talented fellow songster friends; being colorful parrots, magical flowers, and singing Tikis. They are all very magical don't ya know and if Jose is not too sleepy he will wake up for you so as to dazzle everyone with his singing prowess and comical stylings. This all taking place at their Enchanted Tiki Room, it is conveniently located behind the sugary high Dole Whip stand, in Adventureland.
    Whatever you do though, please do not feed Jose any Dole Whip because the last time this was allowed, poor Jose ate too much of it, then went on a sugar high that lasted all day, and he flew around the entire park, and would not go back to do another show until that evening when just enough sugar was out of his little bird system. Don't sit under him either, because he likes to snack throughout the show.

If you can answer these questions, thanks, if not, thanks for looking.

~Wings[/QUOTE]
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Forgot to add: Ask for your first visit button, there are buttons for other occasions too, such as for birthdays. One can locate these at the resorts, at the various shops, and at City Hall too (Not Anaheim's City Hall, Disney's City Hall )

And.......... you have a great and awesome time visiting the land! Let us know how your trip goes.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• But why is the rum gone?

Staying at a resort hotel is definitely worth it, especially for your first visit. You get really immersed in the whole atmosphere. Plus, the closeness of the resort hotels trumps the price if you are taking little kids. Trust me, there's nothing worse than walking that last two blocks to the good neighbor hotel with very very tired kids after a very long, exciting day.

The Blue Bayou is one of the best places to eat in Disneyland. It's actually inside Pirates of the Caribbean, so it feels like you're eating along the river under a darkened sky. I suggest making reservations now if you want to eat there. It's very popular and tends to book up very fast. But I'd also have to add Rancho del Zocalo as another amazing Mexican place. I always have to eat one meal there. Golden Horseshoe is also a fun place with good food and great entertainment.

My must-go-on-rides are all the "mountain" rides (Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, Thunder Mtn. Railroad, and Matterhorn), Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Indiana Jones in Disneyland. At California Adventure, gotta go on Soarin, Tower of Terror, Screamin', and Toystory Mania. Grizzley is fun to go on in the heat of the afternoon. You get really soaked, and then you can head over to Soarin, which blows wind in your face and get really chilled from the combination. You also should watch the fireworks at least once and see Fantasmic. They're both great shows that are great to watch over and over again.

September is a great time to go. It's after the summer craze and it's a lot cooler. I love going in september. But is 3 days enough to see both parks? Yes, I suppose, if you're like me and go in as soon as the parks open and stay until midnight. But I'd probably add one more day to that. Then you'd be sure to really be able to enjoy where you are, rather than feeling rushed to get in all the must-sees. It really is a magical place and sometimes it's fun to just soak in the atmosphere.

Have a great time! This year is the first time in 5 years that I will not be making a pilgrimage to the Magic Kingdom. I'm going through some serious withdrawals. My biggest suggestion to you would be to not let little things ruin the magic for you!

• Future Tinkerbell!

It really depends on your budget. Disney hotels are really very nice, and if you have little ones, I have heard you can get Disney characters come to visit you. Also, The Grand Californian (though I have never stayed there, I have been in the lobby and it is absolutely GORGEOUS!, it would be my reccomendation) has an entrance/exit actually in DCA. It is close to Grizzly River Rapids.

3. The Haunted Mansion doesn't have a Fastpass, but Haunted Mansion Holiday reportably does, can you confirm?

If you mean nice resturaunts, the Blue Bayou is good, but it is very pricey, and make sure to make a reservation waay in advance. Cheaper, but delicious resturaunts include both Mexican food places (in DL, it is in Frontierland, in DCA it is by the Tortilla Factory on the pier), both soup places, (in DL, it is in New Orleans Square, it is a stand, in DCA by the sourdough bread factory, on the pier), and the sandwich/burger, I think it is called Tomorrowland Terrace, but it is in DL, in Tomorrowland. Sorry I don't remember the names. I would NOT eat at Pizza Port in DL (except the pasta, the pizza tastes like cardboard) or the pizza place in DCA.

Not really sure, never done it at DL.

If you mean the three day park hopper, then YES! Especially since you are going in the off season. However, I would maybe stay five days in your hotel, taking a break between each day to experince the hotel and hang out in the pool, especially if you stay in a Disney hotel. My parents and I went to WDW, and didn't do that, we went to all the parks four days in a row, and we were incredibly tired by the last day, and the trip sort of blurred together.

Depends on whether you are with little kids? Tell me, then I will tell you what you absolutely must go on!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr