Lightbulb Disneyland Birthday Trip: Sept 3rd-8th

Hi All. We will be taking a trip to Disneyland from the 3rd to the 8th (minus the saturday), and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what crowds will be like.

I have a pretty good feel of the parks in general, and I know that fall and later september are usually less busy. I have been told by some people from socal that kids (middle thru college) are back in school aug 31st at the latest, so I hope this has an affect on crowd levels.

Reading many of the recent columns, I understand that the parks will be busier these next few weeks due to the blockouts being lifted. I would also like to determine is if this busyness will continue through the dates mentioned above.

From the posted park hours for the first 4 days of our trip, I imagine there may be some crowds, and the trip falls on a long weekend.

As you can see, I have much data that both seems to support larger crowds, and some that denies it. If anyone can provide some insight, I would much appreciate.

Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Birthday Trip: Sept 3rd-8th

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Hi All. We will be taking a trip to Disneyland from the 3rd to the 8th (minus the saturday), and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what crowds will be like.

I have a pretty good feel of the parks in general, and I know that fall and later september are usually less busy. I have been told by some people from socal that kids (middle thru college) are back in school aug 31st at the latest, so I hope this has an affect on crowd levels.

Reading many of the recent columns, I understand that the parks will be busier these next few weeks due to the blockouts being lifted. I would also like to determine is if this busyness will continue through the dates mentioned above.

From the posted park hours for the first 4 days of our trip, I imagine there may be some crowds, and the trip falls on a long weekend.

As you can see, I have much data that both seems to support larger crowds, and some that denies it. If anyone can provide some insight, I would much appreciate.

Thanks!
    I have been to DL over 2008 Labor day weekend and I will be there again with my family from September 4 to Sept. 10. First off Deluxe Passholders and So Cal And So Cal Passholders are blocked out on Sept 5 and Sept. 6.
    The crowds will be moderate and not heavy. Most SO Cal schools will be back in session by Sept. 1. Labor Day is unusually not crowded. Sept. 8 will be light crowds. As August progresses, the crowds get lighter as the summer season ends and vacations end.
    You should be fine.

• Future Tinkerbell!

Well, I do know that some schools out near the park start the ninth, so it could be quite busy with everyone trying to get into to Disneyland one last time before school starts back up. But, a lot of schools are starting the 31st, or have already started. So, quite honestly, it is hard to predict. It really could go either way. Butm I would suspect that it would get buisier closer to Labor Day, and it would be less busy near the beginning of your trip. Just use Fastpasses for the big attractions, and you will be able to do everything you want to!

Also, a quick tip, Splash Mountain and Space Mountian are notourious (sp?) for running out of Fastpasses early in the day, so I reccomend you get those ASAP!

Have a great trip!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Thanks Guys!

Thats honestly about what I expected to hear, so I guess we will just have to play it as it goes. I'm quite good at maximizing the fastpass system, so no issue there. I was just really hoping to not have to wade through a sea of strollers and inconsiderates.

Another question on the same trip; we want to see fantasmic at least once while there. This is one experience I have not done, and was originally going to do the priority seating. Since this is not going to become a reality now, can anyone suggest which day (3rd - 7th minus saturday) would be the best to try and see the show? I am thinking the best strategy will be to head over for the 10:30 show right after the fireworks, and try to find somewhere on the river.

Any thoughts?

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Thanks Guys!

Thats honestly about what I expected to hear, so I guess we will just have to play it as it goes. I'm quite good at maximizing the fastpass system, so no issue there. I was just really hoping to not have to wade through a sea of strollers and inconsiderates.

Another question on the same trip; we want to see fantasmic at least once while there. This is one experience I have not done, and was originally going to do the priority seating. Since this is not going to become a reality now, can anyone suggest which day (3rd - 7th minus saturday) would be the best to try and see the show? I am thinking the best strategy will be to head over for the 10:30 show right after the fireworks, and try to find somewhere on the river.

Any thoughts?
    It would be hard to say which day will be the least crowded, but I would recommend going to the 9:00 show. A lot of the time the fireworks crowd makes a mad dash to Fantasmic! and it would be hard to get a good seat. I recomend getting over there and lining up and hour and half ahead of time (I know it sounds crazy, but people line up so early for these things). If you have kids coming, you can maybe let them go with another adult on a ride while you are waiting. Or getting a snack is a good way to pass time as well.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Thanks!

There is an 8:15 show on the 3rd (my birthday) so I think we may attempt to catch it, or at least gauge how busy the other nights will be based on it.

And no, we will not have kids with us.

I couldn't even imagine doing DLR with little ones. I like my health.