• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Supermarket or Target Near Disneyland

We are staying at the Carousel Inn.... (Whoo Whoo)

Someone told us to take a bus in front of it and go to Target and load up on essentials and take a cab back....

Where is Target? What bus?

Disney Road

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Re: Supermarket or Target Near Disneyland

well i know there's a target nearby bc i've been there once but i couldn't give you exact directions. it is on harbor blvd. just look up the address online and see where it is in relation tp your hotel. and i'm guessing bus as in the city's bus line.

flower gleam & glow...

• Hukuna Matata!

Harbor just 2 blocks south of katella right? Its not really walking distance to disney or anything

• Johnny and Me!

A close one is 101 South Euclid Street, at the intersection of Lincoln and Euclid.If you have a car, exit the I-5 at Lincoln and head West. Don't know about the buses, though.

• Huh?

Here's the address from Target's website: 12100 Harbor Blvd Garden Grove, CA 92840. It's just south of Chapman. I'm guessing about 2 or 3 miles.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

It's a few blocks south. Walkable but not recommended.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Have a great trip. If you are going to the Target on Harbor continue down Harbor just a few blocks and treat yourself to a Joe's soft serve or Italian ice. It is the best and a local favorite. The neighborhood looks a little iffy--but it is fine. We stop there at all hours--even late late late in the summer and we have never had a problem.

Welcome to Joe's Italian Ice

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Ok, we have two good choices.

Both are served by the OCTA Route 43, which runs up and down Harbor Blvd. about every 15 minutes most of the day.

www.octa.net

I prefer the Target NORTH of Disneyland at the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe, about 3 miles (or 20 minutes on the bus). Let alone that a Target is here, there is also an In-n-Out Burger, the Disney Parks outlet store (Character Warehouse), Costco, a Henry's Farmer Market (similar to Whole Foods) and many more choices.

The Target south of Disneyland is at the corner of Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove. The OCTA Route 43 also stops at this location, but you can also use ART to get there, if you already have an ART pass.

OCTA charges $1,50 per trip for an adult, or you can buy a day pass for $4 when you board for the first time.

The nearest Supermarket is about 1 mile west of Disneyland on Katella Ave. (Food4Less, run by Ralphs/Kroger). The OCTA Route 50 takes you there, runs about every 30 minutes going up and down Katella Ave..
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Hello

Cool Re: Supermarket or Target Near Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    Have a great trip. If you are going to the Target on Harbor continue down Harbor just a few blocks and treat yourself to a Joe's soft serve or Italian ice. It is the best and a local favorite. The neighborhood looks a little iffy--but it is fine. We stop there at all hours--even late late late in the summer and we have never had a problem.

Welcome to Joe's Italian Ice
    Joe's Italian Ice FTW!!!!! Love that place!!!! It rivals Dole Whips!!!

• we jumped out a window

I'll have to disagree with Darkbeer and say that the Target south of Disneyland on Harbor and Chapman is much better than the one north on Harbor and Orangethorpe. The trip to the former is around 10 minutes while the trip to the latter probably runs closer to 30 minutes (lots and lots of stops).

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

But the actual Target is larger at Orangethorpe, and IMHO better taken care of and stocked than the Chapman location.

Also the amount of different shops near the Orangethorpe location makes it a much better option, even if it is a bit further away.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Darkbeer and Brand42 are both right! lol

I walked down to the Target at the corner of Harbor and Chapman one Saturday morning. I wouldn't suggest walking to most people, it took around 25 mins, and I'm a mad walker. So take the 43 bus south. (As to your other question there's also a Van's supermarket a block east on Chapman and Haster, I walked past but never went in.)

I then took the 43 north up to Fullerton and checked out the shops up there, I think Darkbeer might be right in that the Fullerton Target had a little morre range, but a Target's a Target. So I ended up walking a block east again and catching the 47 on Lemon down to The Block (did I mention I was in search of clothes?)

I got a few items at Old Navy in The Block, but I wouldn't recommend that mall I ended up trying to find a bus over to Main Place mall, but because I couldn't work out the buses there I ended up walking. That was a big mistake as it was very hot and it took me ages. For some reasons (probably the River and the Freeways) there's no direct route and I ended up walking all the way around to get there.

I probably took the longest way, the only map I had was the one in my head.
    edit(I just checked this in GoogleMaps and it suggested the same route I took, 2.4miles 48mins)

Happy endings though, I found what I wanted in MainPlace Mall -- it's a good mall for your standard stuff. (Then I took a taxi home as I was beat)
    Last edited by monotonehell; 01-25-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

If you want to visit the Main Place Mall, OCTA Route 83 is the way to go, it is an "express" bus that starts at Disneyland (actually HoJo's) and then gets to the Main Place Mall in about 15 minutes. Runs about every 30 minutes most of the day.

Westfield - MainPlace Shopping Mall

www.octa.net

And yes, I have also walked the Harbor/Chapman to Disneyland route a few times, for most, it is NOT walking distance.