Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Suspended

Re: Getting to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    For their swimming fix, would Knott's water park be worth it?
    The hotel pool should suffice.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    The hotel pool should suffice.
    Not a fan of the water park, or is it just that bad?

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Not a fan of the water park, or is it just that bad?
    Not a fan of any water park. I think it's all that stair-climbing.
    And the cost, versus the hotel pool.
    Certainly I enjoy a "lazy river" where I can sit in an innertube and float around for hours at a time.
    But that's just me.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And it depends on the time of year that they are going. If they are going now, they should not go into the ocean without a heavy wetsuit. My sister in law went scuba diving off of Laguna recently and the water was 51 degrees!

Obviously in the summer the water is tolerable, but still surprisngly colder than what would be expected, perhaps topping out at 70 degrees. Out of towners assume that because So Cal has a warm and sunny climate that the ocean temps would be nice and warm. Not true at all. Ocean currents rotate clockwise and So Cal is still effected by the cold current that sweeps southward from Alaska.

The water parks in the winter are closed so the hotel pool will be the best choice in this case. In the summer they could try Soak City or Wild Rivers, as those are only open during that season.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And it depends on the time of year that they are going. If they are going now, they should not go into the ocean without a heavy wetsuit. My sister in law went scuba diving off of Laguna recently and the water was 51 degrees!

Obviously in the summer the water is tolerable, but still surprisngly colder than what would be expected, perhaps topping out at 70 degrees. Out of towners assume that because So Cal has a warm and sunny climate that the ocean temps would be nice and warm. Not true at all. Ocean currents rotate clockwise and So Cal is still effected by the cold current that sweeps southward from Alaska.

The water parks in the winter are closed so the hotel pool will be the best choice in this case. In the summer they could try Soak City or Wild Rivers, as those are only open during that season.
    They are trying to decide between early July and Late August. Also, your silly Fahrenheit means nothing to me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Coming from Utah, I do want to take my son to the beach, even to just get his feet in the sand and maybe a little wet... Which beach is the best we don't want to go far, but we will have a car. Thanks

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I would leave Disnseyland going south on Harbor Blvd. and head west on the 22 to Beach Blvd., then exit and head south toward Huntington Beach until you run out of road.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12