When to Visit (Holidays Season)?

Hello All!

My mom and I have been trying to plan our next trip to Disneyland.... We know where to stay and how many days we are going for but we can't decide when to actually go.

We both veto'd the summer season, so we are trying to decide between fall Sept/Oct. or the Week before the Christmas holiday week. Which is Better? We both love Christmas decor (being in DL around Christmas time would be a first for us both) but seeing all the Halloween stuff from last year's trip reports makes me want to try to go then...

Any Advice?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: When to Visit (Holidays Season)?

Quote Originally Posted by metchick01 View Post
    Hello All!

My mom and I have been trying to plan our next trip to Disneyland.... We know where to stay and how many days we are going for but we can't decide when to actually go.

We both veto'd the summer season, so we are trying to decide between fall Sept/Oct. or the Week before the Christmas holiday week. Which is Better? We both love Christmas decor (being in DL around Christmas time would be a first for us both) but seeing all the Halloween stuff from last year's trip reports makes me want to try to go then...

Any Advice?
    Will this be your last trip ever?
    If not, then don't worry about missing Halloween. It's not as if it won't be decorated every year from now on. You've seen it once, so choose anytime between 12/1 and 12/17 this time around.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Thanks for the advice... Dec. it is!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I agree, at Christmas, DL is much more decked out, than Halloweentime. And this year, there will be major construction at DCA in the entry area, so it's questionable whether DCA will even have Candy Corn Acres at Halloweentime, this year. If you come at Christmas, you will still see the Holiday version of the Haunted Mansion, anyway. You will also be able to see Small World Holiday, which is very nice, and the special night lighting on Small World is fantastic, at Christmas.

However, when you do eventually plan your Halloweentime vacation to DL, you will be able to experience Ghost Gallaxy at Space Mt, and the Halloween fireworks show, which were both added last year. In addition, I would suggest taking the Halloween Tour of Disneyland, just called guest services for reservations, - however I believe they only take reservation 30 days in advance, but call Guest Relations, to check. Also, DCA hosts a seperate ticket event at DCA, during many evenings at the end of September and thru October, called Mickey's Trick or Treat Party. If you want to experience all the Disneyland Resort has to offer at Halloweentime, you will want to check out this party. (It's not nearly as elaborate as what WDW offers, so you may even want to considere a WDW Halloweentime visit. ) the DCA halloweentime party is really geared more towards kids, and DCA has several trick or treat locations with a fairly good variety of candy, but they do have several attractions open during this time, a short halloweentime cavalcade with some mini-showstops, several character meet and greet locations, some characters which you might not find any other time of the year. Oh, and some of the characters also have their halloween costumes on, too.

Disneyland does offer a Christmastime Tour of DL, through guest relations, and you do get reserved seating for the parade, a snack (usually a gingerbread cookie and hot chocolate) you go on some attractions, too. It's more of a traditional tour, so it's nice, but not something you would really need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

Disneyland does offer a Christmastime Tour of DL, through guest relations, and you do get reserved seating for the parade, a snack (usually a gingerbread cookie and hot chocolate) you go on some attractions, too. It's more of a traditional tour, so it's nice, but not something you would really need to do.

Awesome Information, thanks! We have discussed going on a tour because when we were at DCA on Sunday 2/21/10 we saw Tony Baxter leading a tour group!!! When we went to guest relations, they said sometimes imagineers will sometimes lead/join a tour group. So we had already planned on trying a guided tour but I did not know they have a Holiday tour.

Thank You!

Christmas time is the absolute best time to visit...we were there this past Christmas it was the two youngest of our childrens first time. I had never been there at Christmas time and it was wonderful. So festive, beautiful, and so worth it. It is definetely a wonderful experience. We loved it so much that we are planning to do it again this year. The fireworks are great and you even get the added touch of falling snow in some areas..oh I could go on and on...I cant wait to get back

Cool Re: When to Visit (Holidays Season)?

Thanks!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09