Thread: April 15th-19th

• Minion

April 15th-19th

So I will be coming down in mid April, arriving in town on the 15th (Thursday) probably in park Fri/Sat (16/17).

Any ideas of crowds that weekend ?

Any suggestions on a good hotel for a low price, say in the 50-70 range that is close to the park.

My plan is to start with a 4 day pass and then probably upgrade to an AP since Saturday is a blackout.

I do notice (ugh) that Comic Con is that weekend but is it likely they will be in park Saturday or more likely Sunday ?
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: April 15th-19th

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    So I will be coming down in mid April, arriving in town on the 15th (Thursday) probably in park Fri/Sat (16/17).

Any ideas of crowds that weekend ?

Any suggestions on a good hotel for a low price, say in the 50-70 range that is close to the park.

My plan is to start with a 4 day pass and then probably upgrade to an AP since Saturday is a blackout.

I do notice (ugh) that Comic Con is that weekend but is it likely they will be in park Saturday or more likely Sunday ?
    Because many of the Comic Con folk dont own passes, they will be there whenever they can with regular hoppers. It will be busy.

• Minion

Well I know it will be busy

I was just pondering that Saturday might be the main event day at CC, so they'd be there on Saturday and do parks on Sunday
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

As far as motels, I use Kayak to search for rooms. You can sort by price, distance to the park etc. The only motel that I can think off off hand that I would not stay at is the Eden Roc.

Using Kayak and your dates and filtering by a quarter mile from the park I got the Quality Inn on Manchester (I've stayed there 3 times) for $65 a night up to the Fairfield Inn on Harbor for $93 a night. It pretty much jumps to over $100 a night from there, since thats the beginning of the peak spring season.

Filtering by a half mile you can also get the Anaheim Plaza (I've stayed there before too) for $70 a night, and its within walking distance.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 03-19-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I know that this is the tail end of spring break for at least one of the local school districts, too.
    A signature should go here.

• Hukuna Matata!

I will be there that same weekend, Im hoping that it is a freak weekend and we experience light crowd's.