Question Disneyland Resort Express from LAX

Just wondering if anyone has used Disneyland Resort Express to get to the parks from LAX? I was going to rent a car, but since we are now staying on property I've been thinking that it may just be easier to take the bus from the airport. It's cheaper - especially when you factor in gas - and it would eliminate the hassle of navigating through LA. I'm traveling with two 6-year-olds by myself, and I don't think we really plan on going many other places than Disney, or at least nowhere we couldn't get to on ART.

Any rave reviews or horror stories?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort Express from LAX

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used Disneyland Resort Express to get to the parks from LAX? I was going to rent a car, but since we are now staying on property I've been thinking that it may just be easier to take the bus from the airport. It's cheaper - especially when you factor in gas - and it would eliminate the hassle of navigating through LA. I'm traveling with two 6-year-olds by myself, and I don't think we really plan on going many other places than Disney, or at least nowhere we couldn't get to on ART.

Have used it and recommend it. Easy, relatively inexpensive, and a good schedule to follow.

Actually wish it was 24 hours so we could use it when we arrive for the Gumball Rally at midnight.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post

I really like it. Very easy and convenient but, like yoyoflamingo said, I wish it was available in the early morning hours also. If you decide to go other places besides Disney, there are plenty of Grayline tour or metro busses to take you there.

ot: Bless you for taking two 6 year olds by yourself!!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I used the DL Express from and to LAX last September, I prepurchased online and printed out the coupon. It was pretty good, I missed one by about a half minute, but didn't have long to wait for the next. They do take a bit of an excursion around Anaheim to drop off other passengers, so you may be the first or the last.

On the way back I rang and booked my return trip, I did allow a LONG time in case of problems, and the bus was a little late for me (about 10 minutes) others who got on stood and argued with the driver about how late we were (which made us even later - I don't get people sometimes).

But I arrived at LAX in plenty of time, and I fully intend to use their service whenever I return.
    (I may be back in July, and will see how good they are when there's a lot of passengers.)
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Went last July with them round trip and it worked fantastically.

Thanks for the reassurances - looks like it would be a good bet.

• Laughing Place Finder

I've always had very good luck with the Prime Time Shuttle from LAX. They constantly have vans that will take you to any Disneyland area hotel for around $15 per person over 2 years-old one way.

You might also want to check the LAX Dollar Rent-A-Car. Today they dropped their rates quite a bit. I reserved a Ford Fusion / Honda Accord size car for $150 per week. Having a car to run over to Newport Beach and to visit our So Cal friends is extremely convenient.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

It's very well run, basically you go from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel, then they will split you up there into one of two busses (the other bus does the John Wayne Airport), which then route among the hotels of the area, and keep doing that throughout the day. Because they're a big bus, they run in the HOV lanes, so they sail through the traffic. (You can get to the bus, and be to Disneyland by the time you'd get a rental car at LAX... Trust me on this one!!!)

Very comfortable and clean bus, friendly drivers who are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I've always had very good luck with the Prime Time Shuttle from LAX. They constantly have vans that will take you to any Disneyland area hotel for around $15 per person over 2 years-old one way.

You might also want to check the LAX Dollar Rent-A-Car. Today they dropped their rates quite a bit. I reserved a Ford Fusion / Honda Accord size car for $150 per week. Having a car to run over to Newport Beach and to visit our So Cal friends is extremely convenient.
    Try Budget, and keep retrying before you get there... I've scored a Large Sized Car (Impala, Altima, etc) for $12-17 day by doing this. (Also, sometimes adding a day is cheaper than the weekly rate). If you belong to Costco, they have coupons! I've also scored deals from Enterprise/Alamo/National lately too (same company). My biggest issue with rental cars at LAX is the wait... last time I was there it took me over an hour to get to the Rental Car Counter from Southwest... was almost 2 hours after landing that I was pulling out of the Rental Car Lot... Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    It's very well run, basically you go from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel, then they will split you up there into one of two busses (the other bus does the John Wayne Airport), which then route among the hotels of the area, and keep doing that throughout the day. Because they're a big bus, they run in the HOV lanes, so they sail through the traffic. (You can get to the bus, and be to Disneyland by the time you'd get a rental car at LAX... Trust me on this one!!!)

Very comfortable and clean bus, friendly drivers who are very helpful.
    Thank you very much for this description of how it works - I am staying at the DLH so that would make it extra convenient for me. I will keep checking rental cars as the trip nears, but I am really starting to lean toward the bus especially with the waiting issue you mentioned. I want to check in at a good hour so I get the best room assignment possible!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If oyu don't need to go off property or too far off property, then don't rent a car. Esp with the little ones and not having driven in LA before.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    If oyu don't need to go off property or too far off property, then don't rent a car. Esp with the little ones and not having driven in LA before.
    Totally agree with that. If you know for sure that you won't go off-property then their is no sense in renting a car. Especially if you haven't driven in L.A. before, you won't like the traffic, and if you catch it at the wrong time, you really won't like driving in it.

Sounds like taking the express bus is the way to go. Just leave yourself a little extra time on the return trip to the airport in case it's running late.

• Thread Killer

My family prefers the Super Shuttle (7 pas. van). It costs a bit more than the disney express, but they are more frequent and have fewer stops.