View Poll Results: Stay at which DLR hotel?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheaper, stay at Paradise Pier

5 33.33%
  • Splurge and stay at Grand Californian

7 46.67%
  • Stay at Disneyland Hotel

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Should I stay at the Paradise Pier or Grand Californian??

You're welcome.
    I'm glad I could be helpful.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Thanks for that tip, never thought of that. I guess it would be like the feeling of starting at the top and not wanting to go backwards after that.

Only 2 or 3 days. My trip is planned for Memorial day wknd. I'll probably go again during the summer and if not definitely again by the fall.
    I didn't read all the replies, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. You are going on an expensive weekend. They are expecting crowds and pricing accordingly. If it were me, I would stay at the PP or offsite and come back and stay at the GC in the fall. Now, I voted for the GC before I saw when you were going and that you would be back in the fall. It will more than likely be cheaper in the fall too!

I'm sure you'll have a blast either way!!!!!!
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by HeyThere View Post
    I didn't read all the replies, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. You are going on an expensive weekend. They are expecting crowds and pricing accordingly. If it were me, I would stay at the PP or offsite and come back and stay at the GC in the fall. Now, I voted for the GC before I saw when you were going and that you would be back in the fall. It will more than likely be cheaper in the fall too!

I'm sure you'll have a blast either way!!!!!!
    Yeah I'm usually one to go during holiday periods, I did memorial day wknd last year and 4th july. With my AP discount I'm getting it for 30% off. GCH is 40% off for the summer promotion. Looking at the AP calendar it's $25 more on wknds then it is during the week and that's through July (that's all they have posted). I kind of figured if I did PP now I could do GCH after the summer.

Concierge level at PP is $66 more a night. It'll be me and 2 other adults, is that extra money worth the food they offer? I know it's just a continental breakfast, evening snacks and water and sodas all day. Or is it just cheaper to eat outside or in DTD?

Just a side note to you, your kids are adorable in that picture at the end of your signature. Even if they aren't all your kids their ALL still adorable.

I would think you'd be able to get a better rate in the fall for the GCH, and if you're lucky enough to get to make another trip that fast, maybe the PP for Memorial Day weekend would be the way to go. You'll have an awesome time either way.

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Don't bother with DL hotel until the refurb is done. Too much noise/clutter.
    Is the construction, etc. really that bad at DL hotel? Now I'm beginning to re-think my decision of moving from PP to DLH for June for an extra $180. The pool for the little ones is important for me, but since this is probably the last shot I will get to stay at a Disney hotel for a while, I don't want to screw it up.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    I would think you'd be able to get a better rate in the fall for the GCH, and if you're lucky enough to get to make another trip that fast, maybe the PP for Memorial Day weekend would be the way to go. You'll have an awesome time either way.
    Thanks I'm really looking forward to it, it's my 1st time staying on-site. And my niece from college is coming with me and she is on "cloud nine" about it too. She's never stayed on-site either, so I know were going to have a BLAST!!

Yeah I agree about GCH it's $264 a night for that wknd, I've never stayed so don't know if that's good or bad??

• A Pirate's life for me!

Concierge level at PP is $66 more a night. It'll be me and 2 other adults, is that extra money worth the food they offer? I know it's just a continental breakfast, evening snacks and water and sodas all day. Or is it just cheaper to eat outside or in DTD?

Even if you have to pay $66 extra a night (we've only had to pay from $25 to $40 more per night for concierge) it is worth it!

Plenty of real food for each meal. Plus, they encourage you to take the bottled water with you to enjoy inside the Park!

You can't go wrong with the concierge!

Go for it!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Even if you have to pay $66 extra a night (we've only had to pay from $25 to $40 more per night for concierge) it is worth it!

Plenty of real food for each meal. Plus, they encourage you to take the bottled water with you to enjoy inside the Park!

You can't go wrong with the concierge!

Go for it!
    How do you ppl get the DLR hotels so cheap?? I've been an AP holder for the past couple of years and I watch the AP hotel prices online and I think the cheapest I've seen PP is about $129 and that was in Jan or Feb last year.

Since you've done concierge what kind of food is there? I thought it was just snacks or is that only in the afternoon? I know it says breakfast is continental.

Is the construction, etc. really that bad at DL hotel? Now I'm beginning to re-think my decision of moving from PP to DLH for June for an extra $180. The pool for the little ones is important for me, but since this is probably the last shot I will get to stay at a Disney hotel for a while, I don't want to screw it up.
    We just got back from a stay at DLH from 3/24-3/26/10 and though there was construction going on, we heard none of it. No noise, no dust and we had a great time.

I have never stayed at PP, so I can't help there. I prefer the DLH because of the theming, the pool, and location. GC is beautiful and being 5 minutes from our room so our kids could take a nap when they were younger was awesome, but I just can't justify the extra cost for a room, when my family already likes DLH so much.

Have an awesome trip! I hope to be back at Disneyland soon.

•   

Anyone else with concierge experiences they would like to share?? What is the food like.....good, bad, mediocre?? Do you know which tower it's located in and on what floor and hopefully I can request to be close to it.

Thanks again, everyone.

Anyone else with concierge experiences they would like to share?? What is the food like.....good, bad, mediocre?? Do you know which tower it's located in and on what floor and hopefully I can request to be close to it.

Thanks again, everyone.
    In the paradise pier the conceirge lounge is on the second floor. It is my understanding that there are no rooms on this floor so conceirge rooms are located on the third floor and sometimes higher up for those that request view rooms.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

I'm sure that the selection will vary and these are the abbreviated lists, but we have enjoyed fine pastries, fruit and veggie trays as well as cereal and hot chocolate in the mornings.

We've had finger sandwiches, meat and cheese trays, chips and cookies at lunch time.

And for dinner, we've had mini burgers (sliders, I think), nachos, chips, green salad, mac and cheese and various desserts.

You really can't go wrong with the upgrade. Especially when we are a family of 6!

Similar to the times that we have added the concierge at the DLH, as well...

I think 3 adults could get $66 of value out of that, especially considering how expensive food is elsewhere in the resort. It will also make the trip more special.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    I'm sure that the selection will vary and these are the abbreviated lists, but we have enjoyed fine pastries, fruit and veggie trays as well as cereal and hot chocolate in the mornings.

We've had finger sandwiches, meat and cheese trays, chips and cookies at lunch time.

And for dinner, we've had mini burgers (sliders, I think), nachos, chips, green salad, mac and cheese and various desserts.

You really can't go wrong with the upgrade. Especially when we are a family of 6!

Similar to the times that we have added the concierge at the DLH, as well...
    WOW!! Nice, I believe you just talked me into to upgrading to concierge now. Thanks for the help and the description, that's what I was looking for so that I could get some kind of idea of what I would be in for.

•   

I think 3 adults could get $66 of value out of that, especially considering how expensive food is elsewhere in the resort. It will also make the trip more special.
    Yeah I'm kind of thinking the same thing. This time I actually don't want to hassle with leaving the resort, and eating off-site. I'm sure I'll be eating in DTD at least once though.

^^^^^^^

Yeah, the only down side to the situation (if you can call it that) is that you have to be back at the hotel to take advantage of the free food.

For us, we rarely took advantage of the noon time food since we didn't want to leave the Park.

But that was still OK, since we wanted to enjoy meals at places like Blue Bayou, Carnation Cafe and Goofy's Kitchen.

And BTW, the food os there for most of the day. Certain food was specific to the time (breakfast, lunch or dinner), but you could always get at least a snack when they were open.

And the free (Disney labeled) bottled water!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast