View Poll Results: Stay at which DLR hotel?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheaper, stay at Paradise Pier

5 33.33%
  • Splurge and stay at Grand Californian

7 46.67%
  • Stay at Disneyland Hotel

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Should I stay at the Paradise Pier or Grand Californian??

Just upgraded to concierge level...... And the person I talked to said since it's my first time staying on site that he would put in a request for a cabana room, I thought cool. He said it's a bigger balcony area and it overlooks the pool or something like that. He said their is only 6 of those rooms and if it's available at the time of check-in they'll give you your request. I'm pretty excited.

On a side note.....he told me that WOC may open by Memorial Day wknd, which is when I'm going. I thought that would be a bonus. I'm not setting my heart on it, but it would be nice if it was up and running then. Can't wait for next month, this is going to be SO FUN!!!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    I would think you'd be able to get a better rate in the fall for the GCH, and if you're lucky enough to get to make another trip that fast, maybe the PP for Memorial Day weekend would be the way to go. You'll have an awesome time either way.

Is the construction, etc. really that bad at DL hotel? Now I'm beginning to re-think my decision of moving from PP to DLH for June for an extra $180. The pool for the little ones is important for me, but since this is probably the last shot I will get to stay at a Disney hotel for a while, I don't want to screw it up.

Considering your circumstances, I'd pony up and stay at the GCH. Nice quiet rooms for naptime. Gr8 set of pools. Fantastic rooms. SUPER convenient to all parks so most bang-for-time-buck which is critical when you have little ones.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Considering your circumstances, I'd pony up and stay at the GCH. Nice quiet rooms for naptime. Gr8 set of pools. Fantastic rooms. SUPER convenient to all parks so most bang-for-time-buck which is critical when you have little ones.
    I wish; I'm already "ponying up" more than I should. Oh well. I wish the super lotto would just cooperate and give me the money!

To be honest, one of the reasons I've chosen the DLH is the pool, which many have said is the best of three (my daughters are pool crazy).

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    This has been nagging at me all day today. Maybe I should just pony up, it would probably make our lives a lot easier. Is a couple hundred bucks worth the shorter walk and giving up the DLH pool?

What a fiasco - I started with HOJO, then PPH, then DLH, and now we're mulling over the GCH. I think I'm in 'OBSESSING' mode.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

If you are going to be in the parks all day, don't waste the money. Go with Paradise Pier. If you plan to mix in a lot of down time, chilling and relaxing, the Grand Californian is worth the extra cabbage if you can afford it.
    Fight On! Beat the Cardinal!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    If you are going to be in the parks all day, don't waste the money. Go with Paradise Pier. If you plan to mix in a lot of down time, chilling and relaxing, the Grand Californian is worth the extra cabbage if you can afford it.

Thanks for that advice. It does make more sense for me to just stay at Paradise Pier, although I did upgrade to concierge level. I thought that part was worth it. I'll be spending majority of my time in the parks. But I'll come back for the snacks and drinks and then go.

The money I save on not staying at Grand Californian will be used for a future Disneyland trip, more than likely in the fall or at the end of summer.

This has been nagging at me all day today. Maybe I should just pony up, it would probably make our lives a lot easier. Is a couple hundred bucks worth the shorter walk and giving up the DLH pool?

What a fiasco - I started with HOJO, then PPH, then DLH, and now we're mulling over the GCH. I think I'm in 'OBSESSING' mode.
    Funny how that happens...I went from Disneyhotel standard room, to conceirge, to paradise Pier and now I am at a PP one bedroom suite. It happens...I think we just want to have the best time and be comfortable.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

•   

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Funny how that happens...I went from Disneyhotel standard room, to conceirge, to paradise Pier and now I am at a PP one bedroom suite. It happens...I think we just want to have the best time and be comfortable.
    Yes we all want the best and the closest, unfortunately it usually comes with a price tag we don't like. So in the end it's are we willing to pay the extra dollars for certain comforts and conveniences??

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    You're right. I'm going to go with the middle ground and stick with DLH. I should just pay for it and stop second guessing myself - I'm spinning out. I'll be back someday!

You're right. I'm going to go with the middle ground and stick with DLH. I should just pay for it and stop second guessing myself - I'm spinning out. I'll be back someday!
    I fully understand...I had to assure my travel agent...I am done this time I will not change again..The second guessing is a monster Its good to know I am not the only one who does this!
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123