• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Wonderful Mini Vaction at Howard Johnson Anaheim

Inspired by Tinkermonkey & her two kids being in town this week for Spring Break, I decided to take my two kids (ages 10 & 9) down to Anaheim for their own Spring Break mini vacation.

I called the Howard Johnson on Monday to book a last minute reservation for Tuesday & Wednesday nights. The in-house reservation agent was knowledgeable, friendly, and was happy to give me the AP Rate for both nights.

When we arrived late on Tuesday evening, we were able to go straight to our room. We had a great room in Building 3. The location was perfect! The kids were excited to be so close to Castaway Cove. (My daughter wanted us to take the path by the family pool area each time we left our room. ) The room was large, clean, and very comfortable for the three of us.

I have stayed a quite a few hotels around the Disneyland Resort over the years. HoJos is by far my favorite place to stay! The kids were fine with the walk between the hotel and the parks. They especially liked the quiet path on the Disneyland side of Harbor. What I love is that the staff are so friendly.

All three of us are looking forward to the next time we can sneak down for another mini vacation like this!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Re: Wonderful Mini Vaction at Howard Johnson Anaheim

Mamabot, so glad you had a great trip! I've heard lots of good things about the HoJo. Sounds like building 3 is a nice spot. Was it quiet? (I've read that the roar of the freeway can plague some areas....)

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Our room was very quiet! Even when i have stayed in Tower 1, I haven't noticed freeway noise. With being so close to Castaway Cove, I would have thought that we would have a lot of noise from there, which wasn't the case.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Glad to know that you had a nice quiet room! By the way, did your room have those arched windows that let in extra daylight? Those look nice, although I wonder if they keep the room from getting dark enough for sleeping!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We had a first floor room, so no arched windows. With the curtains, it was easy to make the room dark enough for sleep.

NO GOATS!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Glad to know that you had a nice quiet room! By the way, did your room have those arched windows that let in extra daylight? Those look nice, although I wonder if they keep the room from getting dark enough for sleeping!
    Those rooms get dark enough for sleeping, but they light comes in right at dawn. I really disliked that room.

Smile Re: Wonderful Mini Vaction at Howard Johnson Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Our room was very quiet! Even when i have stayed in Tower 1, I haven't noticed freeway noise. With being so close to Castaway Cove, I would have thought that we would have a lot of noise from there, which wasn't the case.

What are the best Buildings for low noise?? Right now we are in a standard room, but thing about upgrading to building #2 facing the pool. if we stay in the standard room do we want the top floor with the sky lights?
    thank you for your help

Smile Re: Wonderful Mini Vaction at Howard Johnson Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by rlanting View Post
    What are the best Buildings for low noise?? Right now we are in a standard room, but thing about upgrading to building #2 facing the pool. if we stay in the standard room do we want the top floor with the sky lights?
    thank you for your help
    I've never stayed at HOJOs, but want to, based on all the positive reviews. Like you, I'm interested in the quietest areas. I have read that building # 2, facing the "garden pool" (not the other pool, with the Pirate-themed water park area) is one of the quietest spots. I don't know about the sky lights, but I imagine they could be trouble -- the Anaheim sky is never really dark; it always seems to have that apocalypic orange creamsicle glow. And like someone else had mentioned, you won't be able to sleep in (of course, if you're a crazy, be-at-the-main-gates-at-least-a-half-hour-before-official-opening-time person like me, it's a moot point!)
    I hope you have a great trip, and please let us know how you like the HOJO.