Ramada Inn Maingate or Candy Cane Inn

I know I may be getting a lot of grief for asking this question, but is the Candy Cane Inn worth the few extra hundred dollars for a weeks stay in Anaheim to visit Disneyland? I just figure that I can be spending the extra money I am saving on some good eats! Any thoughts are more than helpful.

The Ramada that I am looking at 1650 South Harbor Blvd.

They are both customer favs on Tripadvisor.

Thanks!

• Princess of my own world

Re: Ramada Inn Maingate or Candy Cane Inn

I have always stayed at the Ramada Inn Maingate. I really like it there. You get a continental breakfast, free wireless, and a nice walk to the park. The customer service is great there too, I've never had any problems.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

I've been staying at the Candy Cane Inn for the last three years. We also used to stay there when I was younger. I love the place. The breakfast is quick and easy for the mornings since we are not big breakfast fans. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. This last time we got the preminum rooms which included turn down service, a welcome bucket with lots of goodies and breakfast delivered to our room. The fact that they have their own shuttle is well worth the stay. I've even received a discount coupon towards my next stay when I've checked out. All in all I love the place and have recommended it to others. Even my ex-hubby and his wife stayed there on their trip to Disneyland and liked the place.

• Thread Killer

My family stayed at the Ramada Maingate for our first DL trip in Feb '09. There were good and bad things about the place. It was nice having the free breakfast and wifi. It is super close, and fairly inexpensive. However it is pretty dated and cleanliness had something to be desired. I actually saw the cleaner wipe the counter and then clean one of our drinking glasses with the same dirty rag (Bottled water, please). Beds are not so comfy. Room fridge was noisy.

Since that trip we have opted to stay at the Sheraton Park and despite it being farther and pricier I would recommend it. I would not return to the Ramada.
    #1 Maliboomer Fanboy