Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   

Re: Beware of hotwire!!

How is it slander?
    Our opinions have already been written regarding your situation. They won't change based on the hotel.

Most of us want to know for curiosity's sake.

I think it's very fair that you share the hotel name and location; considering the fact that we have shared our time, suggestions, and opinions with you.

But if this hotel is so dissatifactory wouldn't you want to give people notice so they don't book it themselves, instead you are just want to tear hotwire apart...

That really makes me think that perhaps the hotel isn't as bad as you are making it out to be...

Just curious if you won't say where it is, just how good of a deal was given to you through hotwire? Also how would you have been able to check the bedding for stains if you haven't been a guest there yet...

Remember it is only slander if the accusations are not true

• Minion

Ok, am I the only person on this board who has heard of betterbidding.com? I have used Hotwire many times. I have always been able to narrow the hotel down to one or two possiblities before I booked. The majority of the time, I get it exactly right. Between sites like better bidding and looking at the packages that Hotwire offers on the same dates (when you book a package they show the hotel before you book) you can figure out which hotel it is and read the reviews before you book it. There is apsolutely no reason to book a hotel blindly on hotwire.com. And for those of you who say it isn't worth "a few bucks" to use them, it is much more than just a few bucks. I am staying at a 4 star hotel in Huntington Beach in June that I booked on Hotwire.com for $85 a night. On the hotel's website the same nights are $269 a night! Like I said, more than a few bucks!

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    So you mean that you do mind since you still haven't said what and where you are booked.

This seems more and more like a case of buyers remorse now than anything else. You say your issue is with hotwire but they haven't done wrong by you.
    Of course it's buyers remorse.

I was simply trying to inform other members of a community that I value that what Hotwire claims is "clean, comfortable, and safe", is unlikely to meet those standards as far as most people are concerned. Furthermore, Hotwire treats their customers extremely poorly (rudeness that bordered on being profane), and that their "guarantees" are worthless.

I know that there are people who very much like the site, and they are certainly entitled to feel that way, and I see no reason for them not to continue using it.

I've also heard from people who have had similar, and worse experiences than I had.

Now, I have accepted that I made a bad decision in using this site. I have not contacted the bank to cancel payment, I will pay the cost of the reservation, I just won't stay there. But because of their treatment, Hotwire has lost my business, as well as the business of my family members (both those that had used the site and those that hadn't). The response e-mail that Hotwire sent me was enough all by itself to convince a few.

For anyone that has used Hotwire and continues to have good results, I think that's great. I hope they continue to have positive experiences.

•   

So you're not gonna tell us the hotel so we can read the reviews for ourselves?

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    But if this hotel is so dissatifactory wouldn't you want to give people notice so they don't book it themselves, instead you are just want to tear hotwire apart...

That really makes me think that perhaps the hotel isn't as bad as you are making it out to be...

Just curious if you won't say where it is, just how good of a deal was given to you through hotwire? Also how would you have been able to check the bedding for stains if you haven't been a guest there yet...

Remember it is only slander if the accusations are not true
    If you have a reservation at a hotel, you can go ahead to check out a room. I've done it multiple times before as well.

I believe that slander can also be unjustified, it does not have to be false.

And it is absolutely okay if you think that I'm declining to name the hotel for personal reasons. I just feel that it's the right thing to do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234