Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CANT find ANY hotel deals for my trip! HELP

Ok, Im honestly not a low budget kind of guy but i just spent a TON on my last trip to Disneyland for XMAS/NYE and recently for my GF on Valentines weekend @ The Californian and Menage's African Suite

SO shes taking me for my Birthday JUNE 13-18 and i
    wanna keep the cost cheap for her VISA card

But man! NOTHING is cheap that week, anyone have any good travel plans or a good way to get a cheaper rate then the average Priceline,Expedia etc etc

THANK YOU!

trying to target
    Candy Cane
    Camelot
    Tropicana
    HOJO
    Paradise Pier

....thank you in advance.
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Re: CANT find ANY hotel deals for my trip! HELP

The HoJo has a discount for MCer's, and an even better one for AP's, if you have one. It's still a touch pricey, but it might be worth it.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Oh, and if you go through Disneyland.com, there are links to the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, and some of those are quite reasonably priced.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

your list of hotels suggest you're trying to stay within walking distance, is that your primary goal for a hotel?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Aristocat~!

I really like the Super 8 motel on Katella. It's a like.. 15 minute walk, maybe? It's a rather decent motel for the price. And hotel rates for that week are like, $58 a night. There is another that's only 1.8 miles, but I've never stayed at that exact Super 8.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Using Kayak and filtering for within a mile of the park you can get anywhere from $55 a night for the Travelodge on Ball to $89 a night for the Peacock Suites on Anaheim Blvd. The Anabella is even showing a price of $87 a night (before taxes and fees). The Tropicana is showing $99 a night for those dates, but I've never seen the Candy Cane have any kind of discounts.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

The Travelodge on Ball is not worth the money. Cheap-- but as soon as you get there you know why it is so cheap. I like the Alpine Inn on Katella. Not the cheapest, but clean and close. About 80/night. And it looks like a ski chalet which I find hilarous.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Minion

I've stayed at the Super 8 on Katella and it was a very good deal, I think we paid $46 last Setpember, although it's really a bare-bones motel at least they have a pool and jacuzzi. The free "breakfast" is nothing but coffee, tea, cold cereal and cheap donuts. But there are plenty of places to eat within a few minutes, in fact the Gardenwalk is 5 minutes away. To get to the DL entrance is an easy 15 minute walk and you can stop at the 7-11 at the corner of Harbor and Katella and pick up an iced mocha along the way. The people working at the Super 8 were very pleasant and professional.

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYnerd View Post
    Ok, Im honestly not a low budget kind of guy but i just spent a TON on my last trip to Disneyland for XMAS/NYE and recently for my GF on Valentines weekend @ The Californian and Menage's African Suite

SO shes taking me for my Birthday JUNE 13-18 and i
    wanna keep the cost cheap for her VISA card

But man! NOTHING is cheap that week, anyone have any good travel plans or a good way to get a cheaper rate then the average Priceline,Expedia etc etc

THANK YOU!

trying to target
    Candy Cane
    Camelot
    Tropicana
    HOJO
    Paradise Pier

....thank you in advance.
    Try just a regular room at the Menage..I've stayed there several times and the standard rooms are quite nice. It is also the last stop on the ART on the way to the park, so you don't have to wait around to get to the park usually (it is the last stop on the way back to the hotel though..which can be a bummer when you're pooped after the park).

Do you or she work for Alaska Airlines at all?? They offer a great discounted rate..I am staying there in June and paying $32/night.
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    The Travelodge on Ball is not worth the money. Cheap-- but as soon as you get there you know why it is so cheap. I like the Alpine Inn on Katella. Not the cheapest, but clean and close. About 80/night. And it looks like a ski chalet which I find hilarous.
    Perfectly normal to find a ski chalet in the flats of SoCal. I question your sense of humor.

(kidding!)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites is pretty good. We always stay there. Averages around 80 a night and its right near the esplanade. It don't get too much closer.

• Not the Fallen

I've stayed at the Hilton Suites directly off the 5 Freeway.

Let me tell you, they are the size of a small apartment and have great views, especially on the upper floors. We paid $100 and it was well worth it. The hotel offers a shuttle to/from the parks as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I've stayed at the Super 8 on Katella and it was a very good deal, I think we paid $46 last Setpember, although it's really a bare-bones motel at least they have a pool and jacuzzi. The free "breakfast" is nothing but coffee, tea, cold cereal and cheap donuts. But there are plenty of places to eat within a few minutes, in fact the Gardenwalk is 5 minutes away. To get to the DL entrance is an easy 15 minute walk and you can stop at the 7-11 at the corner of Harbor and Katella and pick up an iced mocha along the way. The people working at the Super 8 were very pleasant and professional.
    Another one here for the Super 8 on Katella. I got it for $38 a night through Expedia back in December. Walked to and from the park. Used the hot tub everyday. They also sent the charger to my video camera to my home after I left it there. Nothing special about the hotel. Just close to Disneyland and serves it's purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    your list of hotels suggest you're trying to stay within walking distance, is that your primary goal for a hotel?

ya i want to be able to walk, i find staying on the strip enhances your stay,yes im 25 but still love feeling like a excited kid to walk to Disneyland , dont we all on this site?
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

The Alpine Inn has rooms for $76/night that week. Stayed there last summer in mid July and it was nice. Just a wee bit further down the road from Candy Cane. Not a bad walk and really if you're just sleeping there and plan on spending all day at the parks...its perfect. We were very happy with it.

Also - we found a good rate for Motel 6 on W. Disney Drive...roughly the same walking distance as Alpine for 4th of July weekend this year ($55/night). Its newly remodeled and looks great! The dates you are looking for they have $55/night rooms available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast