• Resident Ghost

Getting to the park from the Alpine Inn

How do I get to the park quickly in the early morning from the Alpine Inn hotel. There used to be a tram in the lot where Cars Land is now being built, but I have no clue what to do now that the tram isn't there. (Or is it?)

• Resident Ghostie

Red Face Re: Getting to the park from the Alpine Inn

The site for Alpine Inn doesn't say anything about a tram, but advertises that it is 100 yards from the park entrance. Google maps clocks it about a 17 minute walk. Lonely Planet does say that there's a tram that pulls up just west of the entrance to the motel, though. Not sure which to believe, but if it comes down to walking, I'm sure it won't be a huge problem.

Welcome to Alpine Inn Anaheim

disneyland map - Google Maps

Alpine Inn - Anaheim - Lonely Planet Hotels & Hostels!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Re: Getting to the park from the Alpine Inn

seriously walking wont take you that long at all.
    ive stayed at the best westerns further down katella and it only takes a couple of mins to get to the gate.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

I stayed at Alpine last year and will be staying there when we go back this year. The walk isn't that long at all. You take a left out of the hotel lot, then a left at the corner, and then a left into the Disney Tram drop-off area. A nice bonus - there is a 7-11 on the corner that is open 24 hours so you can stop for a nice cool beverage to bring back to your hotel on the way home from the park. :-)

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksRichard View Post
    I stayed at Alpine last year and will be staying there when we go back this year. The walk isn't that long at all. You take a left out of the hotel lot, then a left at the corner, and then a left into the Disney Tram drop-off area. A nice bonus - there is a 7-11 on the corner that is open 24 hours so you can stop for a nice cool beverage to bring back to your hotel on the way home from the park. :-)
    Ooh, thank you. I always turned right in the past! :P

• Mrs. J. Depp

Considering it's location, I would have turned right as well because you can go through the parking lot, I think. But I suppose it's easier just turning left on Katella and then left on Harbor to the entrance. I wouldn't think 17 minutes but maybe that's the maximum time estimation.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Considering it's location, I would have turned right as well because you can go through the parking lot, I think. But I suppose it's easier just turning left on Katella and then left on Harbor to the entrance. I wouldn't think 17 minutes but maybe that's the maximum time estimation.
    There is no parking lot any more. Its now Cars Land and I don't think you can walk through there anymore.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    There is no parking lot any more. Its now Cars Land and I don't think you can walk through there anymore.
    Hence why I made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    Glad I could help! Make sure you say hi to "crazy eyes" if you stop in at 7-11, lol.

Literally - the walk really isn't that bad. In the morning you're so excited to get there it just flies by. At night - you're still hopped up on the magic you don't care, lol. 25 more days to go.....i can make it!

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian's Ghost View Post
    The site for Alpine Inn doesn't say anything about a tram, but advertises that it is 100 yards from the park entrance. Google maps clocks it about a 17 minute walk. Lonely Planet does say that there's a tram that pulls up just west of the entrance to the motel, though. Not sure which to believe, but if it comes down to walking, I'm sure it won't be a huge problem.

Welcome to Alpine Inn Anaheim

disneyland map - Google Maps

Alpine Inn - Anaheim - Lonely Planet Hotels & Hostels!!!
    It probably is 100 yards as the crow flys. but its still only a short walk, and like one person said, there is a 7-11 on the corner for coffe or cokes! Perfecto.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    I stayed once at the Alpine Inn in 2002 which at that time I used to turn right out of their parking lot and walk just a few yards then turn right again through a DLR pedestrian tram gate in which I would either jump on the tram or just simply keep walking on the side of DCA's parking lot which will now become Cars Land.I loved this route but I think I will just go left on Katella and then left on Harbor when I stay there in November.There is the option of going right on Katella and then right on Disney Drive going through Downtown Disney to get to the parks.