Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Question Is The 6-Day Pass Upgradable?

Scenario: I'm going to be at DL for 8 days in July. There's a chance that I could be in a DL park for a portion of every day of the trip.

Ticket Options: When it comes to spending this many days at DL, Disney only offers a 6-Day pass and an Annual Pass. The odds of me using an AP within the next year beyond this trip are fairly slim since I'm coming from the east coast.

My Question: Is a 6-Day Pass upgradable at the ticket booth for additional days (in my case, 2 more) or is my only option an Annual Pass if I want to go to the DL parks for 8 consecutive days?

Thank you for any help you can give me!

• 47 SMs in 2 days baby !

Re: Is The 6-Day Pass Upgradable?

Last year we got "8 day hopper tickets for the price of 5" from getawaytoday.com

but looks like they don't have them anymore.

Anyone knows who still have them?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterElwood View Post
    Last year we got "8 day hopper tickets for the price of 5" from getawaytoday.com

but looks like they don't have them anymore.

Anyone knows who still have them?
    Gosh, that would have been perfect! I wish such passes existed this year.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I am pretty sure you can upgrade them, but this MUST be done no later than day 6....I'd do it on day 5 just to be safe
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

I will try, SleepyJeff. I suppose if I cannot add additional days, I always can bite the bullet and upgrade to the annual pass while I'm there if I need to -- although it is a big jump up money-wise.

I know it's possible to upgrade lesser day passes because I've done it with the 3-day City Pass ticket and we ended going 3-more days, but haven't gone beyond 6. We'll see I guess...

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

I'm pretty sure ours was a 6 day pass that we upgraded last year. Worked great! Enjoy!
    DisneyBroad54

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is one of those questions that many don't seem to know the answer to, and a person would really like to know before arriving. I'd hate to be visiting Disneyland with a 6 day pass, hoping to upgrade to perhaps an 8 day one, and find myself with 2 extra days paid hotel and nowhere to go.

A friend of mine called and asked this very question, and they said it couldn't be done. However, I do remember purchasing a ticket in 2006 from the Walt Disney Travel company for more than 6 days. That was part of a travel package though. I have since traveled without booking a travel package, because I find booking things separately is cheaper, and has better cancellation policies.

• Nerd

You probably won't find the exact answer to your question anywhere here. In fact I don't think you will even be able to get the exact answer until you arrive at the park.

This is a difficult question to answer because it does not fall into the everyday scenario. At the ticket booths they do have access to some additional ticket media that is not posted, or normal but might solve your problem. If the person at the window can't get you what you need I HIGHLY RECOMMEND asking for the lead and they should be able to get you something that works. Its usually based somehow on the price you paid for the tickets (like the average daily price) They are very accommodating and want to make sure the guests are satisfied.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have always been quite happy with customer service at the parks in the past. If I arrived at the parks with a shorter pass than I wanted, I'd be sure to ask the question on my very first day. Than I would have the time, to readjust my plans. There are other places to see, and things to do in the Anaheim area. I am a compulsive planner, and I seem to always have a back up plan.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

8 days - even partial days, is a LOT of Disneyland in a row. after the first 3 or 4 days, you might want to take a break and go to the ocean, or spend a day at Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, or Sea World. Even most DL fans would od with that much

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't been to Disneyland since December of 2008. I can easily see myself spending longer than a week there. I'd love to be able to buy a parkhopper at Disneyland that is comparable to the 10 day ones that I have bought at Disney World. By the time I can afford a trip to Disneyland, I have told my husband it is going to be a long one during the Summer, because I have a lot of catching up to do. I have been there twice during the Summer, and I really enjoyed those trips, because of the longer park hours, and the number of attractions that are open. I guess I am the true definition of tourist. I have said this before, but I think the demand is probably not there. Disneyland needs a ticket option between the 6 day parkhopper and their Annual pass. I don't want to have to deal with block out days, just to get a longer pass.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I'm pretty sure that just about any valid ticket is upgradeable to an annual pass, as long as the pass costs more than the face value on the original ticket. I've done this with 3-day parkhoppers, in order to take advantage of blockouts and/or early entry. Usually I do this on the final day of use, but I've converted early in order to take advantage of AP discounts.

After entering the park on "conversion day" just go to the AP processing center, present your ticket and pay the difference. They'll photograph you and and issue you a valid AP on the spot. It will be good, even if the day is a blockout day, since the "first day of use" on a new AP is never blocked out.

We make about three short trips to DL each year, and this has worked well. Once we did this on New Year's Eve and Day (days 1 and 2 on the parkhopper) and upgraded on Jan 2. Then we had AP's good for the rest of the year.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I'm pretty sure that just about any valid ticket is upgradeable to an annual pass, as long as the pass costs more than the face value on the original ticket. I've done this with 3-day parkhoppers, in order to take advantage of blockouts and/or early entry. Usually I do this on the final day of use, but I've converted early in order to take advantage of AP discounts.

After entering the park on "conversion day" just go to the AP processing center, present your ticket and pay the difference. They'll photograph you and and issue you a valid AP on the spot. It will be good, even if the day is a blockout day, since the "first day of use" on a new AP is never blocked out.

We make about three short trips to DL each year, and this has worked well. Once we did this on New Year's Eve and Day (days 1 and 2 on the parkhopper) and upgraded on Jan 2. Then we had AP's good for the rest of the year.
    you are correct however I think she is saying she doesn't want an AP due to the block out dates being inconvenient for her (unless of course she bought to top of the line pass) Those multi-day park hoppers are an excellent deal for someone who is only going to be here for a short while.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    8 days - even partial days, is a LOT of Disneyland in a row. after the first 3 or 4 days, you might want to take a break and go to the ocean, or spend a day at Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, or Sea World. Even most DL fans would od with that much
    I've actually done it once before and I'm usually quite happy even if it may seem like a lot in a row. I haven't been to DL in 3-years so it won't get boring.

I may still do some other things while I'm there, but if I had an 8-Day pass, I might go into the park later in the evening on a day where I go to Universal just to see a late showing of Fantasmic and do a few favorite attractions. I guess I just would like to have the option to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    you are correct however I think she is saying she doesn't want an AP due to the block out dates being inconvenient for her (unless of course she bought to top of the line pass) Those multi-day park hoppers are an excellent deal for someone who is only going to be here for a short while.
    The cost difference is definitely the big issue since I don't think I'll be using an AP again after this trip. On top of the $300 cost of the AP, I'd then have to pay for one blockout Saturday (my last full day at DL) so that raises the cost even more.

Being able to just add a couple more days instead of having to make that leap to AP would be nice, but as was said earlier, I probably won't be able to find out for sure (unless someone else has done this specific thing and reports in) until I go to the ticket booth myself and ask.

If it takes until then to find out, I will report in from DL and let everyone know the answer and maybe it can help others who may/will have the same question down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast