Newbie Needs DL Touring Plan help

Hello! Great boards here, have really been enjoying reading posts today.

I see lots of Touring Plans for WDW resort but haven't tracked one down yet for Disneyland. Do you have any suggestions? BTW our trip is July 31-Aug 7.

Thanks
    Doug

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Newbie Needs DL Touring Plan help

Welcome aboard to MC, hope you stick around. Use the search function and see if that can answer your question.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Hi! We are local, so we have never needed a plan but...

There is a company called RideMax that sells tour plans, I have never used them, but you might want to check them out.

We recently discovered MouseWait, an app for the IPhone. We are still experimenting with it. Some days are more accurate than others, the other day it was completely haywire, but if you have access to it, it might be a good way for you to get a feel for wait times during the different times of the day.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip planning!

• I'm not really here

Disneyland is very small and so having a plan isn't as crucial as it is at WDW. I highly recommend just exploring the parks on your own. Don't plan further ahead than one or two rides and if the wait is long, come back later. Nothing is really more than a 25 minute walk in the whole resort. If you pass an attraction with a low wait time on your way to something else... stop and go on it if it's a ride you want to get on.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I'm not going to recommend a plan, but if you've never visited DL, I'd recommend you take the guided tour "A Walk In Walt's Footsteps."

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Disneyland is very small and so having a plan isn't as crucial as it is at WDW. I highly recommend just exploring the parks on your own. Don't plan further ahead than one or two rides and if the wait is long, come back later. Nothing is really more than a 25 minute walk in the whole resort. If you pass an attraction with a low wait time on your way to something else... stop and go on it if it's a ride you want to get on.
    I agree.Tour the park at your leisure but try to ride or see shows that are near where you are in the park.For example try to avoid going on Splash Mt.then heading to Space Mt.and then to Roger Rabbit,then back to the Jungle Cruise or something like that.I could give you a touring plan but it would take way too long to type one out.I've read all the Disneyland resort guidebooks and the only one I swear by and 100%agree with is the Unnoficial Guide to Disneyland by Bob Sehlingher.He breaks touring plans down accordingly by number of days visiting and since you will be there a week it sounds like you have more than enough time to enjoy the parks.