Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    345

    How much $$ should be expected?

    Hi! Hopefully planning a spontaneous trip to Disneyland for 2 (hopefully 3) days in the parks the second weekend in Sept.

    Not including price of admission, how much $$ should I be expected to pay for the two days? Hopefully we can keep it fairly cheap, but I'd really like to do a WOC viewing plan. (Ariel's Grotto. I know that's about $40)

    Thanks in advance!!!

  2. #2

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,102

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    Assuming this is for 2 people:

    Day 1: Arrival Day

    Lunch at the Carnation Cafe......$28.00

    Dinner at Red Rockets..............$25.00

    A whatnot..............................$20.00

    Day 2:

    Breakfast at Jazz Kitchen ex......$15.00

    Snack/Lunch at hot dog hut......$18.00

    Dinner at Ariels.......................$85.00

    Day 3:

    Breakfast at K'ya...................$25.00

    Lunch at French Market..........$30.00

    Sundae at Gibson Girl.............$11.00

    Another Whatnot..................$20.00

    2 nights at Hotel Menage.........$150.00
    Art shuttle............................$20.00

    Sub total, not including admission ---$447.00

    Parking?
    Taxi?
    Champagne?
    other?

    Total-------------------------447.00 + ????

    Hope this helps....as a sort of outline anyway
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    Thats a tough one....I think it just depends on what you want and where you want to eat. What I do is go to the all ears.net site and look at all the menus to get an idea of how much we will need to eat where we want and I put envelopes aside with that amount of money....envelopes for ride pictures....restaurant (character pictures)...resort fees...valet...car rental...and everything else I can think of in advance...after that I have one envelope for spending money for everything else (those spur of the moment items....that way I do not have to worry about not having enough...

    How much should be expected...alot....it is amazing how much I have had to save for our trips....but it is worth it...it is disneyland after all
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

  4. #4

    • Wishing upon a star....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not near Disneyland, Utah
    Posts
    301

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Thats a tough one....I think it just depends on what you want and where you want to eat. What I do is go to the all ears.net site and look at all the menus to get an idea of how much we will need to eat where we want and I put envelopes aside with that amount of money....envelopes for ride pictures....restaurant (character pictures)...resort fees...valet...car rental...and everything else I can think of in advance...after that I have one envelope for spending money for everything else (those spur of the moment items....that way I do not have to worry about not having enough...

    How much should be expected...alot....it is amazing how much I have had to save for our trips....but it is worth it...it is disneyland after all
    I do the envelope system too. I love it. I have an evelope for each day that has the food and spending money. An envelope for tips, the picture cd, pin money, etc... I think it is a great system.

  5. #5

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,102

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    I do a modified envelope system:

    100$ dollar bill(s) are reserved for souvenirs...we usually hold on to these until the last day(that's usually the day we hit the shops)

    $50 dollar bills are for taxis....we bring one for each taxi trip we intend to take.

    $20 dollar bills are for meals....we bring along enough to cover what we estimate we will need for actual meals plus a couple extra....we do not spend them on snacks, as that would mess everything up.

    Tens, Fives, and Ones come from the change we get from the above....we use these for snacks and whatnots.

    Visa.....we try not to use Visa, but it's there just in case we run into foul weather.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    I am loving the fact that I am not alone with the envelope system...my family makes fun of me because I seriously have a stack of envelopes for our september trip (hubby and I ) and the Christmas vacation with the kids...but seriously at least I will be sure that I have everything covered
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

  7. #7

    • Laughing Place Finder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    423

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    The envelope system is a good way to go.

    Since you are thinking of a WOC dining package it doesn't sound like you are doing this trip on the super-cheap-cheap level.

    The biggest way for me to cut costs when I visit DLR is to get a 3* hotel through Priceline or Hotwire for about $50 per night (including taxes, "resort fees" and other miscellaneous).

    For food we go to some of the best value places to eat like Pizza Port, Rancho del Zocalo, Taste Pilot's Grill, Whitewater Snacks or the Corndog wagon and use my Premium AP discount. For my daughter and I we can usually get by on $40 per day unless it's 90+ degrees in which case we add about $12 per day for drinks.

    If you are flying in then a shared shuttle van from the airport to Anaheim and back is about $10 per person each way for John Wayne SNA airport and about $16 per person for LAX. If you need to rent a car or take a cab then obviously that will increase the cost per day.

    Finally if we have some extra cash we can pick up the odd souvenir here and there.

    So without factoring in tickets you can do a bare minimum DLR trip for two for about $110 per day.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

    Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10









    Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:



    Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim



    DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter



    If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bay Area,Ca
    Posts
    440

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Assuming this is for 2 people:

    Day 1: Arrival Day

    Lunch at the Carnation Cafe......$28.00

    Dinner at Red Rockets..............$25.00

    A whatnot..............................$20.00

    Day 2:

    Breakfast at Jazz Kitchen ex......$15.00

    Snack/Lunch at hot dog hut......$18.00

    Dinner at Ariels.......................$85.00

    Day 3:

    Breakfast at K'ya...................$25.00

    Lunch at French Market..........$30.00

    Sundae at Gibson Girl.............$11.00

    Another Whatnot..................$20.00

    2 nights at Hotel Menage.........$150.00
    Art shuttle............................$20.00

    Sub total, not including admission ---$447.00

    Parking?
    Taxi?
    Champagne?
    other?

    Total-------------------------447.00 + ????

    Hope this helps....as a sort of outline anyway
    So I guess for my solo Disney trip coming up in the Fall could I just cut this price in half considering?

  9. #9

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,102

    Re: How much $$ should be expected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    So I guess for my solo Disney trip coming up in the Fall could I just cut this price in half considering?
    Not exactly....the hotel will still cost the full amount.....but yeah, I think you can halve everything else.

    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Similar Threads

  1. D23 - not what I expected
    By TheGreatGummi in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 11:40 PM
  2. When I saw Disney Vault I expected...
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
  3. Expected Opening Dates
    By StrongStyle in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 11:44 PM
  4. 26% more holiday travellers than expected
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •