• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Annual Passport Summer block out dates

Can anyone tell me around what date does Disneyland start letting Annual Passport Holders who are blocked out during the summer months back into the parks?

Possibly planning a trip to the D23 Expo in August next year.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Annual Passport Summer block out dates

Well, August hasn't been posted yet for 2011. But passes are unblocked beginning the 22nd of this month for 2010.

Here's the calendar: Disneyland Resort&reg - Annual Passholder Blockout Calendar
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Thanks for that Dusty. May need to consider visiting the parks the week before the Expo if block out dates reflect 2010. How bad are the crowds when Summer and Annual Passport crowds combine. Are the crowds still bearable. Or would I be better off skipping the Expo and visiting Disneyland later in the year when the off season kicks in?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Thanks for that Dusty. May need to consider visiting the parks the week before the Expo if block out dates reflect 2010. How bad are the crowds when Summer and Annual Passport crowds combine. Are the crowds still bearable. Or would I be better off skipping the Expo and visiting Disneyland later in the year when the off season kicks in?
    You get a lot of SoCal AP'ers who have been jonesin' all summer long. It's worse than you can possibly think.

Good luck finding the "slow season" anymore. Not when there are 1 million AP's being sold/renewed each year.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Good luck finding the "slow season" anymore.
    I visited the park last September and the crowds were fine. But I am use to visiting Tokyo Disneyland where wait times can reach up to 3 hours long for all the main attractions. What are the average wait times at Disneyland during August?

• Rock Star Minion

I visited the park last September and the crowds were fine. But I am use to visiting Tokyo Disneyland where wait times can reach up to 3 hours long for all the main attractions. What are the average wait times at Disneyland during August?
    Average wait times are more a function of how long people are willing to wait. Posters here often brag that they "waited 3 hours for Space Mountain back when it was new," blah, blah, "but the lines are shorter now..."
    No. From what I can tell, people are just not willing to wait anymore than an hour or so for any attraction. They just move on to something else. Or get a Fastpass and experiencing other things while "waiting."

In other words, you won't see a 3-hour wait for any attraction at DL. Well, there might be people waiting around for World of Color. There will be a lot of people in the walkways, especially after the SoCal AP's are unblocked (third Sunday of August this year, probably the same next year).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Thanks for the feedback. So do you think I would be better off visiting Disneyland the week before the Expo. Or perhaps skipping it and going in September where crowds will be smaller than the August crowds. I have no desire to want to visit Disneyland in August if the crowds are going to be to much. Disneyland does from my experience have smaller walkways than other Disney parks.

I did want to see the Expo but its not a must for me. I would still much rather have a good time at the parks and check out the new stuff like World of Colour, Little Mermaid, Star Tours and the Soundsational Parade.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't know when D23 Expo will be in 2011, but you could try the week after it?
    Do note that the Expo is one of the rare conventions that increases park attendance. A lot of people who go will be AP'ers, so they will be planning their days with the parks also in mind. It might not be an all-day increase in attendance, but when the Expo is over, expect a flood of Expo patrons to hit the park before heading home.

Oh, D23 Expo 2011 is Aug 19-21.
    So, visiting the parks before that date (while the SoCal AP'ers are still blocked out) would be a good idea.

edit.
    Sheesh, next year's Expo tickets go on sale tomorrow!!
    Last edited by sediment; 08-18-2010 at 03:26 PM.

• Minion

Thanks for all the advice given sediment. I have pre purchased a D23 Expo Premiere package, so looks like I will be heading out to California for the Expo. Will take your advice and visit the park the week going into the Expo. Rather than the week after where its possible Annual Passholders will be unblocked.

• Rock Star Minion

Thanks for all the advice given sediment. I have pre purchased a D23 Expo Premiere package, so looks like I will be heading out to California for the Expo. Will take your advice and visit the park the week going into the Expo. Rather than the week after where its possible Annual Passholders will be unblocked.
    You're welcome.
    Enjoy the park....eventually!